G2009 - Reflections of the Way Life Used to Be Challenge

You're on Page 15 of 34
Go to
  • Hey, I'm past Georgetown, on my way to Williamsport, but right now I'm just sort of hanging out probably around Hedgesville until my foot feels better. It's better today but not completely good. I find it appropriate that there's a place on the map called Walkersville.

SLLLLLLLAP for the water!

People around me were eating Chinese food at work today. What a terrible temptation. I think I'll try putting soy sauce on my spinach tonight.

I'm going to attempt to cook with red beans this weekend. I cut a recipe out of the paper that looks healthy and good. Fingers crossed.
  • everyone!

I'm sorry people are struggling this week.

Eny ~ I am manic, aren't I? I'm so glad Belly Bean is doing good! What did Joe say when he saw him?

Pat ~ I'm sorry about your mama.

Hattie ~ CONGRATULATIONS!

Mel ~ I love the mini challenge!

Okay, I really feel that moving in with Vanessa is going to get me back on track healthwise. I hung out with her and her husband last night and ate boneless chicken wings with chips and salsa. I didn't realize till the end that she had portioned everything. Plus, the house is rather far from any fast food places, I didn't even see my beloved Jalisco's anywhere on that side of town. So yeah, I feel really good about the move. I really should start packing though.
  • Quote: Okay..this is a little off topic...but has anyone seen the new K.Y. Intense commercial. They claim to have a scientifically proven gel or whatever it is to help women in the sack! LOL! I saw it at Wal-Mart and I noticed it is freakin' $25.00 for a small tube of the stuff.....I was thinking...that must be some good stuff for that price....like a guaranteed orgasim in a bottle or something....how does that stuff work...I just don't believe in that stuff. So I'm wondering if anyone has had any...uhhh...experience with the stuff....LOL! I know...TMI...PERSONAL....but just curious!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    I saw the commercial too, I think the guaranteed "O" for me would be if the dishes got done!!
  • Hah! I'm with you about the dishes... I actually would be kind of interested to hear if anyone has any experience with the KY stuff - I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable talking about it, a simple thumbs up or thumbs down would satisfy my curiosity.

Ooh, and some jerk brought brownies and lemon squares to work! I had two brownies and one lemon square. I don't feel bad, but the scale showed a smalller decrease than usual and I think it's fair to attribute that to the sweets I really shouldn't have consumed. In my own defense, I was genuinely hungry and there was still a decrease on the scale, so not much damage.
  • Yesterday's exercise was a 40 minute walk around the house circle and 10 minutes on the bike (yeah, big workout there )

DIXIE--If you see this, I am still thinking about and praying for you. I hope you are okay.

Quote: Hey, I'm past Georgetown, on my way to Williamsport, but right now I'm just sort of hanging out probably around Hedgesville until my foot feels better.
    I hope your foot feels better you are doing awesome! But I am right on your heels, woman.

Quote: I'm doing my best here hon! I just put in another 45 minutes of walking and general exercise. I'm not as far as you - but I'm getting there! However BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU WAIT FOR ME!
    No, no not waiting...but you are bookin' it for a pregnant lady! I am so proud of you!

Quote: So I think I am on plan, get the rest of my blood results tomorrow, so not looking forward to that, they wouldnt tell me them over the phone as they wern't normal and didn't want to make a mistake - grrr.

So 5lb challenge
    SW186
    GW181
    I hope you are okay with the blood work and you get it all figured out...you will come out healthier for it. Look how close you will be to leaving the 80's after this 5 lb. challenge! Exciting!
  • Quote: I just realized I am almost to Georgetown and will probably be in West Virgina by the end of the week! Is anyone even trying to catch me? come on girls!
    I'm trying to catch you, but you just keep going! I did 85 min yesterday and plan on 60 today. You keep going, and I'll keep trying!

Let's see--485 puts me into West Virginia and heading for the Ohio State Line! WOOT!
  • I'm chasing you ladies too. I've not been posting a lot lately, I'm pouting. I had another interview this week, but all they are willing to offer me is part time work. That being said, I don't mind working part time, but it really needs to be close to what unemployment pays to really be worth doing. Then maybe I could just work that job and another part time job, if I could get another part time job...

I'll do today's exercise and see how close to caught up to you guys I get. I'm hoping to at least be close to 500 by the end of today.
  • Quote: Let's see--485 puts me into West Virginia and heading for the Ohio State Line! WOOT!
    Ohhhh you are right! I am such an idiot I have a separate paper log where I am counting my actual miles biked and walked for my own journey and I was looking at where I was for that log, not for the minute miles for this challenge! I thought i was still headed for DC but I am with you on the way to Ohio

Quote: I'm chasing you ladies too. I've not been posting a lot lately, I'm pouting. I had another interview this week, but all they are willing to offer me is part time work. That being said, I don't mind working part time, but it really needs to be close to what unemployment pays to really be worth doing.
    I was just talking with hubby today about him needing to lift weights or something to take out his frustrations from work...sounds like you need to pour your frustrations with work hunting into some good, sweaty workouts. It is great stress relief, so come catch me girlie!

I have good and bad news. Hubby and I have been talking nonstop the past few days and have decided he will come back home this weekend...yeah, he lasted a whole 1.5 days without crying he missed me and a whole week before he was ready to come home

But, we have made some agreements of what we both need to work on, and I have agreed to turn off the computer completely on the weekends when he is home and only work during the week. I will have to cut down my work load a lot to do this, but it will help a lot some of his issues. So, I will not be around from sometime Friday afternoon until Sunday evening or Monday sometime.

I will miss ya'll but he has issues with me working and feels it is all I do and I neglect him, so I am going to have to cut back...we have plans to do a lot of family outings and stuff this year so I will be sacrificing this group and my work for a lot of fun...and burning extra calories as well, so it'll be good for us all.
  • Alrighty, so I think I've gotten enough exercise in to at least be considered part of the race . Today I did 1 hr stationary bike, 30 minutes pushmowing (can that count as walking?) and 45 mins of strength training. So that's... 135 minutes today . So I'm staring down the Ohio border.

Purple you're right, I do feel less stressed and more clear headed after a couple hours exercise. I also think that its a good idea to make time for your family on weekends if it will help. Currently I try to have everything done and give my weekends to my hubby too (although I've got a lot less to do than you do).
  • Quote: I saw the commercial too, I think the guaranteed "O" for me would be if the dishes got done!!
    OMG I love it! I have no problem achieving the Big "O" - I just have a problem getting hubby interested. Somehow I ended up with the only man in the world with a low sexdrive!!! UGH! It sucks, especially since I have a higher then normal one.

Hey - Can we count bedroom olympics as part of our journey????

Quote: I'm chasing you ladies too. I've not been posting a lot lately, I'm pouting. I had another interview this week, but all they are willing to offer me is part time work. That being said, I don't mind working part time, but it really needs to be close to what unemployment pays to really be worth doing. Then maybe I could just work that job and another part time job, if I could get another part time job...

I'll do today's exercise and see how close to caught up to you guys I get. I'm hoping to at least be close to 500 by the end of today.
    I'm feeling your frustration on the whole job stuff... try not to be too pouty.

I went to lunch with my old boss today. i missed him! He has a fatherly way about him that I really loved. He wants me to put in a bid for an editing job that they have. I miss freelancing, and it'd be AWESOME to have a little extra money. Also, I think it could help get me on a roll of doing freelancing more and more.

Now I just have to determine how much I'm going to charge! It's tough because I've never edited an entire book without a billion other things going on, so I'm not really sure how long it'd take me! UGH!
  • Purple~Shari~~Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! I am dressed, trying to get ready for this viewing. This is going to be so hard. I was in their wedding. We hung out together played eucker (SP?? card game) together so on so on and so forth. I have been good with my eating today. I am crawling back on the wagon. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Pat
  • I have MS so my exercise is limited, but I'm at 180 so far almost to DC. I have to make it back to Kentucky, LOL.

Have a good one everyone!
  • well so far so good this week. the amount of food is much better. but the exercising is not where it should be yet. i am still working on that. i still am working at getting up early and doing some exercising. hopefully i will be able to do some tonight yet before DS and i go to a family night thing for the preschoolers then it is home for some of his B-Day cake. anyway that is all for now.
  • Quote: I have good and bad news. Hubby and I have been talking nonstop the past few days and have decided he will come back home this weekend...yeah, he lasted a whole 1.5 days without crying he missed me and a whole week before he was ready to come home

But, we have made some agreements of what we both need to work on, and I have agreed to turn off the computer completely on the weekends when he is home and only work during the week. I will have to cut down my work load a lot to do this, but it will help a lot some of his issues. So, I will not be around from sometime Friday afternoon until Sunday evening or Monday sometime.

I will miss ya'll but he has issues with me working and feels it is all I do and I neglect him, so I am going to have to cut back...we have plans to do a lot of family outings and stuff this year so I will be sacrificing this group and my work for a lot of fun...and burning extra calories as well, so it'll be good for us all.
    First of all I'm so happy for you! I think it is great that you and your hubby are working through this and both doing all you can to make things work!

Don't feel bad that you can't come here on the weekends...we will be fine here and waiting for you on Mondays...what is important is your family!
  • Um, am I using the wrong walk-across-America chart? Cause mine says I'm in W.Va and I'm only at 300-some "miles." Hmmmm...

Yeah, so I went out to lunch with a friend of mine before work this afternoon, and tried a new (for me) trick where you ask for a to-go container to be brought with your meal. I did this, and packed up half of my BLT and half of my fries before I started eating. I know I won't eat the leftover fries after they've been refrigerated (bleck!), but the sandwich will be good tomorrow. I figure I had to have saved myself a few hundred calories, right?

The fun part is that during the meal I bit down on my tongue stud and have broken a tooth. I made a dentist's appt for Monday, and I have dental coverage through my work, and it doesn't hurt unless I try to chew on that side of my mouth. I hope this isn't as expensive as I'm afraid it's going to be...