G2009 - Reflections of the Way Life Used to Be Challenge

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • TOM + Sorority Conference = 3.5 pound gain ugh

i am OP as of today thru FOREVER!

i plan to post a loss this week. i am starting at 189 for the 5 pound challenge!
  • 50 minutes on the exercise bike...70 minutes total for today so far.

Quote: I haven't been doing very well. My days start out pretty good. Then come mid afternoon, it just seems to go downhill. Not giving up. I have to lose enough to fit into my MOB dress. I'm walking and doing other things. Am up to 515 minutes/miles from the 12th. Gonna reevaluate my plan. Then I gotta punch it!
    What are you doing about the time it starts going downhill? If you can go for a walk or something just before or right at that time, it could perk you up just in time maybe? Or you may be waiting too long between meals which lets your energy drop.

Quote: As expected from a sneak at the scale on Saturday, I was up two lbs, but don't know why? I'm eating like I was when I was losing a consistent 1 lb a week. The only change is adding weights to my routine, so I'm thinking water weight as my muscles repair
    Do you take your measurements? That helps me to see the change regardless of the scale.

Quote: Do you guys find people a little taken aback by your WL? I'm tall, straight and small framed, and at my current weight, I still have a lot of body fat for my athletic lifestyle. But my Mom said I looked skinny, and I'm a size 8 or 10 and can't believe the criticism. Someone else said I looked gaunt. I think it's because they are just used to me a certain way and need to readjust. Any one else get these comments?
    They are probably just used to seeing you heavier. If you feel you are healthy and not getting too thin then I say be proud of yourself

Quote: My weigh in sucked also. So much stress. My whole routine is out of wack. I am so far behind on my sleep it isn't funny.
    so sorry and hope you get some relief soon.

Quote: Drum Roll Please.....

I am now in ONEderland!!! I hit 199 this morning! It felt soooo good!!

I wish I could dance on the ceiling or at least on a table. I would probably end up with more injuries though.
    for ONEderland SO PROUD OF YOU
  • Eny, I forgot to place my weight on here for Monday~SO SORRY
    I was 210.0 Yesterday. I am .1 from losing 50lbs. YIPPIE!
    Have a great day everyone
  • Lori-Congrats on the weight loss. Plus, I love your before picture. You have a beautiful smile.

Purple-Good for you getting your exercise in.

bjeweled-love the OP forever comment. I need to do that too.
  • Quote: Eny, I forgot to place my weight on here for Monday~SO SORRY
    I was 210.0 Yesterday. I am .1 from losing 50lbs. YIPPIE!
    Have a great day everyone
    It's ok - just make sure whatever day during the week you weigh in send me a personal message with the weigh in.. they are due to me by Monday nights, but if you weigh in a different day go ahead and send it then so you don't forget. But make sure to send it through personal message to me, if you post it here only I'm bound to miss it!

Mel - great mini-challenge! I'm sure that I can find a cool "sticker" for the winner as well.

bjewled - GET ON PLAN - AND STAY THERE!!!

I've had an emotional day... I'm SO sick of being depressed and blahish.... it sucks. I'm NOT a good pregnant person... Some days are better then others - but today not so much. I'm just feeling worthless and blah. Ok sorry to have my own pity party over here. I'm praying that this will end soon!!!!!
  • Well, I somehow managed to hurt my foot. I'm not sure how. I went for a long walk, sat down to look at the computer for awhile, and I was limping when I got back up.
  • Hi chickies! I have caught up reading the thread. If its any consolation, I am struggling this week too (was runner up only moments ago, and according to my sneak peak ~ Sorry McKenzies ~ I am up as of this morning). BF and I got all dressed to go to the gym (at about 4pm) and sat around long enough to talk our selves out of waiting for spin class at 6:30. We have both been wanting to try it. Not very good motivators for each other today. We did make spaghetti from scratch with plenty of veggies and a nice salad for dinner though. As for exercise... I am still standing at the state line of Delaware.....

That's okay... we are all in this together... good, bad, whatever. I am in for the mini challenge. But I gotta regroup too. We can do it ladies.

I have to get some good sleep to be any good for myself or anyone else tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful evening and wake up revitalized and ready to take on the world!!
  • OK all, lets get it together, pull ourselves up by the proverbial boot straps and move on down the scale. I am woman, hear me roar.

Kris, I must have taken advantage of your suggestion. I was in bed last night at 9, just exhausted.

I weighed 152.4 on Monday, I have been spot on since I got back from vacation! So..I hope to celebrate my return to this challenge with a victory to validate pulling my head out of the sand!!

SW 152.4
    CW 151
    GW 147.4

Ufi, hope your foot feels better, I am nursing a hamstring pull from Monday (tried to get my 120 pound rottie into the tub when he did not want to go! I won and he is clean !)

For the munchers, don't know if you have Schwan's (the big yellow food truck that comes to the house) in your area, but I love the sugar/fat free fudgicles, they are like 50 calories and 14 carbs and SO GOOD!!

OK, got to go or I won't have time to get on the elliptical before work!
  • Wow I haven't heard about Schwan's in forever - my mom used to buy from the big yellow truck when I was a kid.

Well, yesterday and today are good days. Got up and made myself go on my brisk 35-40 minute walk and have done very well on food so far. The scale registers an encouraging downward trend too. I won't get cocky or complacent this time, though, so we'll see if that helps

I've also decided only to update my weight loss tickers on Mondays. The exercise ticker, I think I'll continue to update daily, so I don't forget where it's supposed to be.
  • Just checking in. I ate well Monday but yesterday I didn't feel well for part of the day, I think from not eating enough on Monday, so I ended up eating a little more than I should've just to feel better. So far I feel great today and am getting ready to do some exercising.
  • I put in another 90 minutes on the exercise bike last night...that was close to 3 hours of exercise yesterday I believe won't be able to do that every day but it helped my mood and I feel somewhat better. I just needed to sweat real good.

NOthing so far for today but I am swamped with work and in a grumpy ill mood for some reason.

I am glad to see so many regrouping and getting ready to move forward. let's put last week behind us and keep chugging along...remember, one day or one week is not what matters! It's what you do over the course of time, those days and weeks together will collectively give the results you want!!! Forgive yourself, make a new plan, and get going!
  • I just realized I am almost to Georgetown and will probably be in West Virgina by the end of the week! Is anyone even trying to catch me? come on girls!
  • Wow you guys are moving fast,

Gratz Purple, thats a huge amount of exercise you getting in there, wanna do some for me

So I think I am on plan, get the rest of my blood results tomorrow, so not looking forward to that, they wouldnt tell me them over the phone as they wern't normal and didn't want to make a mistake - grrr.

I didn't lose last week, but I didn't gain either so not too worried. tho I am due a visit from Tom this week so I doubt Ill lose again gRRRR.

I have 2hours of archery tomorrow can I class that as exercise? its pretty strenuous.

gonna have to start my water increase again!!! slap me please

So 5lb challenge
    SW186
    GW181

looking forward to that!!
    Cya all soon
  • Quote: I just realized I am almost to Georgetown and will probably be in West Virgina by the end of the week! Is anyone even trying to catch me? come on girls!
    I'm doing my best here hon! I just put in another 45 minutes of walking and general exercise. I'm not as far as you - but I'm getting there! However BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU WAIT FOR ME!
  • Okay..this is a little off topic...but has anyone seen the new K.Y. Intense commercial. They claim to have a scientifically proven gel or whatever it is to help women in the sack! LOL! I saw it at Wal-Mart and I noticed it is freakin' $25.00 for a small tube of the stuff.....I was thinking...that must be some good stuff for that price....like a guaranteed orgasim in a bottle or something....how does that stuff work...I just don't believe in that stuff. So I'm wondering if anyone has had any...uhhh...experience with the stuff....LOL! I know...TMI...PERSONAL....but just curious!

Hope everyone is having a great day!