G2009 - Reflections of the Way Life Used to Be Challenge

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: dairy WELCOME BACK! Can you please let me know what your current weight is and your goal weight for 2009. That way I can make sure the stats are right. If you're one of the diligent and actually make sure your ticker is completely up-to-date that'll work too. Oh and Total Kudos to you for losing the #26! That's AWESOME!

Thanks Eny!!

Today I was 190 after workout! I started out at 217 in Dec so I am really pleased!

What I have been doing to make it work.... 1. Working out 3-4 times a week, usually try to get at least 150 min cardio for the week. 2. Watching what I eat, but refusing to give up the foods I love. I continue to eat what I want, just watching the portions more diligently. Eating out seems like a treat now, and there seems like there is so much food!

I have only bought new clothes once, I need to get some more, because my one pair of jeans that I have that fit a month ago are now falling off me!

I will try to get on here and post more often!
  • Hey everyone

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

So, remember how the other day I was complaining about exercising and eating on plan and not losing any weight.....well I know why now! TOM arrived today, so I'm guessing I have a little water weight and bloating...but at least the exercising and eating on plan is keeping me from gaining during TOM.

So, my goal is gonna be to not gain....and to stick to the plan this week. Maybe I will get a nice post TOM whoosh!
  • Quote: Guys, I am having trouble making myself eat, have been blowing blood out my nose, a headache that will not go away, and I am feeling very low energy and nauseous. Hubby and I had another big long talk today and I feel somewhat better, but I am just a mix of emotions and physically suffering from it. i have never felt this bad before and I hope I can just get over it soon.
    Sounds like I did the first 4 weeks of this pregnancy... More then likely it's a killer sinus infection combined with a cold - but I'd check with a Dr. - maybe it's something bacterial and you can take antibiotics.

I'm glad that you and hubby talked some more... I know it's hard. The final decision to leave m ex for good was the hardest decision of my life. Tomorrow at the baseball thing just act as normal as possible. It'll be tough.

Quote: girls!

OMG I'm like schizo with this moving! One day, I'm so nervous and terrified and the next, like today, I'm SO happy and psyched up!

Susie took me to Wallyworld so I was able to get a crapload of groceries.

For some reason, I want to get dolled up.
    Shari for as long as I've known you you've been schizo about big life changes. You'll be fine... you're making good changes for you. Oh and if you want to doll yourself up - by ALL MEANS DO IT!!!!!

Quote: Thanks Eny!!

Today I was 190 after workout! I started out at 217 in Dec so I am really pleased!

What I have been doing to make it work.... 1. Working out 3-4 times a week, usually try to get at least 150 min cardio for the week. 2. Watching what I eat, but refusing to give up the foods I love. I continue to eat what I want, just watching the portions more diligently. Eating out seems like a treat now, and there seems like there is so much food!

I have only bought new clothes once, I need to get some more, because my one pair of jeans that I have that fit a month ago are now falling off me!

I will try to get on here and post more often!
    New - SMALLER clothes are SO AWESOME! Have fun shopping!

Quote: Hey everyone

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

So, remember how the other day I was complaining about exercising and eating on plan and not losing any weight.....well I know why now! TOM arrived today, so I'm guessing I have a little water weight and bloating...but at least the exercising and eating on plan is keeping me from gaining during TOM.

So, my goal is gonna be to not gain....and to stick to the plan this week. Maybe I will get a nice post TOM whoosh!
    WOO HOO TOM WOOSH!!!

I've been doing really good with walking and other exercise - and ok with eating. I've been spluring a little bit the last 2 days and have had ice cream - but not past my calorie intake.

I've updated my exercise log - but I haven't looked to see how far I've made it yet... I'll have to go do that.

Just a friendly reminder - WEIGH INS ARE DUE MONDAY!!!!!
  • I have stupid guys yell things at me, too. It used to bother me more until I asked myself on a consistent basis if the problem was truly with me or was with them. Do I respect someone who would be so rude? No. Why should I care about the opinion of someone I don't respect? I think there must be something terrible going on with those people to make them so mean. It's their problem, though, not mine. Nothing I can think of doing will change that. That's their burden. I can only deal with my own burdens. It still bugs me from time to time, but I've made a lot more peace with it.
  • Hey girls,

Purple - hope your infection goes away soon, your immune system will be taking a blow with all the stress in your life right now, take plenty of vits and water and wait it out, exercise it out if you can, will speed up your body recovery and your mind most likely.

So I went out last night with a huge bunch of girls for a hen night, though I only went to the meal, We went to an italian restaraunt, and I only had a main course (a fewe of us did) I had a vegie canneloni in a tomato base, it was ok, and as I had parked my car about a mile and a half from the restaraunt, I had to walk back in heels up and down hills hehe, I have a large blister but feel good for not being lazy and grabbing a lift back also I had 3 car loads of guys beep me hehe

I went to buy a new outfit for last night and turns out I dropped a dress size, I haven't been this size for about 10 years YEY

off to do some strenuous moving of my motorbikes and have a minivan to lift into the garage as its got no wheels on at the moment oh joy!!
  • Hi everyone. Thanks for the kind words about the nasty teenagers. I went out for my jog again this morning and it was much quieter. It's safe to say that they haven't gotten me down. I hope everyone is doing well, and having a wonderful weekend.
  • Not sure what is up this week. I've been pretty good with the food and have exercised well--335 minutes since last Sunday. Weight looks like it will be up. Sigh. Have I mentioned that I hate being 45?
  • good morning. i spent 2 hours yesterday raking the yard before the rain came. otherwise it was not bad. eating was ok not the best but defintaly not the worst. i am hoping to balance out a little by eating lighter today. any way time to get on with the day.
  • Hey girls! It's a lazy Sunday around these parts. I'm waiting for my friend to come over with her daughter and newborn. Her 3 year old daughter is having a REALLY hard time not being the baby anymore, so I'm thinking that having her have some "big girl" time with Hunter will help.

Other then that just doing some laundry and dishes and being bored. I was in a TON of pain yesterday from my hips. Joe said it's because they're getting ready to have a truck pass through them... NOT FUNNY! He's cursing me w/ a #9 I CAN'T IMAGINE! Hunter was only #6 9oz. to add on another #2.5 is INSANE!!!!

I had a very yummy yogurt w/ strawberries & black berries as a snack today... it was SO good! I love fruit.

Ok I'm done babbling... remember to PM your weigh ins to me!!! So far I have 4 - and there's 26 more of you to send them in!! I'm looking for a TON in the morning.
  • Today is my weigh in day and YIKES I'm up 2 pounds. I can't imagine that I gained 2 pounds in one week. I did not eat the best but I did exercise. Next week I am determined to do better. Good luck everyone on their weight loss this week!
  • Quote: I was in a TON of pain yesterday from my hips. Joe said it's because they're getting ready to have a truck pass through them... NOT FUNNY! He's cursing me w/ a #9 I CAN'T IMAGINE! Hunter was only #6 9oz. to add on another #2.5 is INSANE!!!!

My daughter was 9 pounds and 5.9 ounces. They said she was gonna be bigger than that...she came out with a HEAD FULL of black hair. Everyone said she looked 3 months old. I had to have a c-section, but mainly because it was my first child. I had gestational diabetes which contributed to her big size....so just keep that in mind! Keep your sugar low and in check....will help keep the babies size average. I hope I don't ever have to have another c-section. It was the most horrible experience of my life! I always thought that would be how I wanted to do it...but I think differently now...I mean sure a c-section is great for "while your having the baby" but afterwards it hurts like **** for about 3 weeks.......I'm thinking vaginal deliveries can't hurt that bad!!!
  • Quote: My daughter was 9 pounds and 5.9 ounces. They said she was gonna be bigger than that...she came out with a HEAD FULL of black hair. Everyone said she looked 3 months old. I had to have a c-section, but mainly because it was my first child. I had gestational diabetes which contributed to her big size....so just keep that in mind! Keep your sugar low and in check....will help keep the babies size average. I hope I don't ever have to have another c-section. It was the most horrible experience of my life! I always thought that would be how I wanted to do it...but I think differently now...I mean sure a c-section is great for "while your having the baby" but afterwards it hurts like **** for about 3 weeks.......I'm thinking vaginal deliveries can't hurt that bad!!!
    YIKES! That's HUGE! I'm not worried about gestational diabetes at all - since I'm hypoglycemic - my high blood sugar is generally about 30 points UNDER the normal range... it's the biggest reason that I can't "diet" during my pregnancy. My dr. said if anything pregnancy puts me in a "normal" blood sugar level... I'm doing a good job watching what I'm eating - although the 1/2 cup of ice cream the last few nights could probably be done away with.

I don't EVER want to have a c-section... I've seen people that have - and although none of the babies had a cone head problem - the mommies had a much longer recovery time. I was back to work full time 2 weeks after Hunter was born - no issues or problems. I don't know any mommies that had c-sections that were able to do that... their muscles aren't strong enough. I feel for you! I hope the next one is soon and a VBAC.

alright girls - I have a little one to get in the shower and to bed. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weigh ins. Plus I have to go and update my exercise tracker and make it to the Maryland border.
  • Is there any chance I could get someone's opinion on my new avatar? It's a more recent picture. The one in color is me, and the person in black and white is my gf, Sam. They were two seperate pictures (you can probably tell) both that I took. I edited them in photoshop, and I happen to think it looks rather cute. What do you think, does it mesh well? ;]

Anyways, I'm extremely proud of myself. This morning when I woke up I actually spent a small portion of my day bettering myself. By that I mean working out. I did 24 minutes of Hip Hop Abs, and almost 20 minutes devoted to stretching. It might not seem like much, but it's more than I've been doing lately, which is nothing. Wonderfully I wasn't left in pain after my workout!
  • Okay, so there have been some wicked twists and turns this weekend and I am so exhausted and confused Saturday the games with hubby were okay, he was helping coach out on the field and I was working the dugout and getting the little boy's helmets on, etc. (that was a hot workout!) and we talked and worked together and it seemed normal, but I had trouble looking him in the face, it would reduce me to tears for some reason so i couldn't look at him.

After the games all **** broke loose, literally! I have cried so much that my entire body and face was swollen and bloated, and I have lost some weight just because I cannot eat anything, just no desire and this sick nervous feeling isn't helpping. So, last night he went to his new home and my daughter wanted to spend the night with him, then at 4AM he called and said she was puking everywhere and he didn't know what to do, so I ended up driving out there. She of course was fine, just ate way too much sugar at the ball park and her friends house, so I stayed there on the couch.

Imagine that! His first night single and he gets thrown up all over by a 7 year old and his ex is sleeping on the couch I found that quite humorous he told me today that it scares him to death thinking he has has to do those things now and he realized last night how much I do that he doesn't know how to handle but will have to handle now and that scares him...and he said he realizes how much he takes me for granted and belittles my job at home with the kids and he is sorry he did that for 8.5 years.

We have really connected and grown closer this weekend, had a lot of cries and he is being very supportive and says he loves me more than the world which is why he needs to do it...and he is hoping it will be a sepaaration for awhile, not a divorce.

I am not sure. I'm confused and just will have to see what it brings in the future. I love him and it just kills me to know he is gone, like physical pain and all, but it is done now. I am going to just focus on myself and let him do the same and we'll see what comes of it.

60 minute walk today...getting back to it.

Quote: off to do some strenuous moving of my motorbikes and have a minivan to lift into the garage as its got no wheels on at the moment oh joy!!
    You just amaze me at the things you do, girl! for dropping another size.

Quote: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Is there any chance I could get someone's opinion on my new avatar?
    I really like the avatar and was wondering if it was really you! I think you should leave it, it's good...and don't belittle your efforts today with the exercise! It's a start, now let it lead to a repeat tomorrow and the day after, and on and on. Let success build upon itself.
  • Hey All!!

I've been sick the whole time my in laws have been in town. I've had a sore throat & have been living on Ibuprofin. We've been eating out & I've been trying to make good choices. I've been drinking tons of water & have gotten my mother in law to drink more than usual too. Unfortunately she's in the restroom all the time though! But she said she's glad she's getting into the habit. She's put on some weight that she wants to take off before summer. I weighed myself today and I'm down to 191. I knew TOM & my water intake taking a dump was my reason for gaining. I feel back on track!

Purple - I wish you luck in whatever you choose. The two of you will find what is best for your family. Just may not be easy getting to the right solution.

Urth - The avatar is great! I was wondering if that was a photo of yourself or some movie

Well I hope all have enjoyed your weekend & that everyone is getting some nice warm weather!!!