Gym pet peeves!

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • I am fortunate to have a gym at work and that I rarely have to share it, however I do not like it when people use the equipment and then do not clean up after themselves.
  • It is so ridiculous how some people pay to workout but won't do it for free!!

My gym is on the B2-B3 floor and there's *one* elevator (which, mind you, I've never used). I think it's absolutely ridiculous how people wait and line up in front of the elevator when they finish, to get back up to the first floor. Grandmas and grandpas with bad knees, maybe I can understand, but not salary men and women in their 20s and 30s.

TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS WON'T KILL YOU!
    And it's good exercise for your lower body
  • Quote: It is so ridiculous how some people pay to workout but won't do it for free!!

My gym is on the B2-B3 floor and there's *one* elevator (which, mind you, I've never used). I think it's absolutely ridiculous how people wait and line up in front of the elevator when they finish, to get back up to the first floor. Grandmas and grandpas with bad knees, maybe I can understand, but not salary men and women in their 20s and 30s.

TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS WON'T KILL YOU!
    And it's good exercise for your lower body
  • This is symbolic of so many things.

Oh wait. Wait!...Toning Tables anyone?

http://www.toningathome.com/
  • Or driving around the parking lot for the closest space?
  • Quote: I don't like it when women dry their pubic area with the dryers--I am sorry but it grosses me out when I am just trying to get my makeup on!
    You have actually seen people do that?!?!? HAHAHA sooooo gross!
  • When women stand naked in front of the mirror blowdrying their hair - please put some clothes on, I don't need to see that much of you.
  • My pet peeve is when I come out of a yoga class needing to pee, and the three stalls are already in use by women who are NOT peeing, but are too modest to change out in the public space in the locker room, so they're in there for 10 minutes doing their whole change thing while I JUST NEED TO PEE. At times, there have been other women in line ahead of me who also are going in there to change and not to pee. Can't you just give me 30 seconds in the stall to pee before you take your 10-15 minutes to change?!? Or just change in the open like the rest of us!
  • Not a peeve per se, but I have to wonder when I see women running around barefooted on the locker room floor...What on Earth are they thinking????
  • Quote: This is symbolic of so many things.

Oh wait. Wait!...Toning Tables anyone?

http://www.toningathome.com/

The funny thing about this is when I was 19 in 1988 I was manager of a place that used these tables and claimed they worked to help you lose inches...
    Body Design that was the name of the place
  • Quote:
    Not a peeve per se, but I have to wonder when I see women running around barefooted on the locker room floor...What on Earth are they thinking????
    You got it. I'll get naked, i.e. change in the open area, but I always have shower sandals or socks on my feet!
  • Quote: My pet peeve is when I come out of a yoga class needing to pee, and the three stalls are already in use by women who are NOT peeing, but are too modest to change out in the public space in the locker room, so they're in there for 10 minutes doing their whole change thing while I JUST NEED TO PEE. At times, there have been other women in line ahead of me who also are going in there to change and not to pee. Can't you just give me 30 seconds in the stall to pee before you take your 10-15 minutes to change?!? Or just change in the open like the rest of us!
    I understand your frustration and sympathize with you but I'm 263 pounds and I'm totally embarrassed and mortified at the thought of changing and getting 1/2 naked in front of others. It's not just a matter of modesty for everyone. It gives me flashbacks to gym glass in school when we had to dress in front of everyone. One of the most traumatic experiences in my life was the day my 8th grade gym teacher decided to make a statement and forced all us girls to take a shower.....one large open shower w/ six shower heads. OMG

When I go to the gym now I change at work before I leave and then just go home and clean up.
  • I'm sure people have said these, but i need to get these off my chest...

I can't stand...
    People who get on the machine next to you when there are 30 identical machines that are open.

People who wear perfume to the gym.

People who continuously peek to see how fast you are going.

One day I fear I will actually yell at one of these people!
  • Quote: I understand your frustration and sympathize with you but I'm 263 pounds and I'm totally embarrassed and mortified at the thought of changing and getting 1/2 naked in front of others. It's not just a matter of modesty for everyone. It gives me flashbacks to gym glass in school when we had to dress in front of everyone. One of the most traumatic experiences in my life was the day my 8th grade gym teacher decided to make a statement and forced all us girls to take a shower.....one large open shower w/ six shower heads. OMG

When I go to the gym now I change at work before I leave and then just go home and clean up.
    I actually had the reverse happen to me in high school where I totally got used to just changing in front of everyone because we had a teacher that would walk up and down the rows and throw a volleyball at your head if you were not stripping down to take a shower after gym. I think we were all so afraid of the teacher no one made a stink about what anyone else looked like.

In all honesty, I don't think people really pay attention to what other people are doing (at least in the male locker room).
  • Duffer, a lot of women are catty, and unfortunately those do pay attention in locker rooms sometimes... I can't tell you the number of times girls in changing rooms looked at my flat chest and snickered when I was a kid... Including one really nice gym teacher who used to ask me why I even bothered with a bra... I always changed in the shower. And, as an adult, I always felt like women were looking at me when I changed at the gym and thinking about how unattractive I was...Now, don't know if they were or not as an adult, but I know they were as a teenage girl and the damage was already done... Today, I could care less - I reached a point several years ago, well before I lost weight and got into better shape - where I didn't give a flip what other people thought in the locker room and started changing in the open at the gym. Was probably helped along by living through a community shower in my residence hall in college.

But hey, if I were a member of a gym I would totally be okay with getting naked now. I would however have to wear shower shoes or something, which I never did before. Oooo.