PICS -- One Year Anniversary for Guerilla WWer!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • It's been one year, and while I haven't quite reached my goal (about four pounds), I feel wonderful. I lost my way for a couple months, but have been back on track since January. I started my journey exactly one year ago, and if I could describe the difference with how I feel now as compared to then, I don't think I can. It was really, really worth my obsessive food journaling and time. I didn't have the money or time to be able to devote to WW, so I did a guerilla program on my own at home. My friend gave me the guidelines, and I was off.

I started off slow with the exercising by just walking about 45 minutes a day. Slowly it morphed in six mile runs about five times a week. After five months, I lost 40 pounds off my 5'6" athletic frame. I started at 185 and am, today, 139. Basically I slacked off for holidays, and had gained about seven pounds back. I started at the YMCA, and have whittled away slowly at my goal. So today at 139 I reflect on my journey. I eventually would like to 135, but feel pretty darn good about myself. If anyone is thinking they have made a mistake and might as well just quit their diet, go ahead and do it. Just for that one meal though. Give yourself a little room for that Chinese food you've been craving or a piece of cake at someone's birthday. Two steps forward and one step back in the long run can be good for your mental health. Just my opinion. So thank you to everyone for your input and for so graciously accepting mine.

• You are GORGEOUS. I so mean that. You look so happy and healthy (adorable kid by the way.) and I LOVE your hair too.

Truly inspiring, because I am bigger then you were! Haha! Hope I look half as good as you one day.
  • WOWZA! You are looking particularly FAB! Way to go. You are an inspiration for us one and all!
  • even though you didn't reach your goal, it is still a success. you just lost 40 pounds and that is great.
  • Happy Anniversary! and you look terrific!
  • Happy Anniversary!
  • You look incredible! Congratulations
  • Thank you guys for your comments. It's like music to my ears. Shrinking Leah, thank you so much. I seriously turned red after I read your comment. You have already accomplished a lot and sounds like your in a place now where you are going to get it done for sure. It's your time to shine, sista! I really enjoyed the losing part a lot more than, okay, I'm almost there, now what. I just loved feeling so amorous about being, getting, and staying in shape. This site just helps me curtail any sort of misgivings I've had about it not being worth all the hubbub.
  • [QUOTE]Two steps forward and one step back in the long run can be good for your mental health

Thank you for your story, it's been a few weeks now I am down then up the next week, I was feeling a little discourage but I think you are giving me lignt at the end of the tunel. Congratulation for a year of success and keep up the good work...
  • great job!
  • Goal or not. You had an amazing transformation and are an inspiration to us all. Way to go. You should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • Wow, what an awesome accomplishment! You are the inspiration I need right now! Thank you!
  • way to go, mama! Please stay on and help those of us who are wandering our way toward Maintenance Land!
  • You look great! Totally hot on the pole!
  • Fabulous!