April Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 14
Go to
  • Girls, hiiiiiiiii . I am heading to bed early and wasn't going to post tonight cause feeling yucky but I snuck in to check on you and got excited and happy at all of your news, just had to say congrats on a great job .

Lewisempire, I am glad your feeling better and that it's Friday. Do you have the weekend off? The only thing that is contagious about you is your sweetness! : ) Good ole TOM has its grip on me, I get pretty sick but I should be okay by sunday and maybe with some luck I will be okay tomorrow and can do something. Either way, I will be fine in a day or two and then I will have it out of the way.

Msperception, Dripping sweat sounds good to me! lol for real! Iove the feeling of getting rid of any extra fluid and toxins. I'm glad you had fun on the wii. I do the step over and over again, once I was staying on it until I beat the last score I got.......once I was on there doing it for almost a blessed hour until I beat my score! lol. That gig lasted about a week or two! lol.

Jacqui, that is super!!! OH I better go. Pretty friend, diva, and.....and all of you girls....a big hello ......keep up the awesome work! I will see you tomorrow. Cakebatter, thanks ... to you all.
  • Sorry I am starting late, but wanted to join you tracking exercise. I love to exercise. I don't know what to set as a goal though. Basically I just want to keep at it and not over do it.

Apr 1 60 min Zumba class: 60 min Yoga class
    Apr 2 60 min step class
    Apr 3 30 min elliptical(8/8);30 min treadmill(4.3)
    Apr 4 Yard Work
  • Just checking in quick- Have I told you ladies that you are all really GREAT! I really look forward to coming in and seeing the progress we make! It is such a boost for me!

Terapet- Looks like you have a really good start! As for your goal, it is a very personal thing.....When I started, I found a 50 miles/ month challenge, and that really just clicked for me. I know some chicks track so many minutes/ month, or 10000 steps a day. Maybe just set a goal of how many times per week you will commit to exercise..... I do know it helps me if it is a little more specific. But not so specific that you get bored...... Anyway, just keep coming back, and maybe someone elses goal will inspire you.... that's how it happened for me Good luck-

"pretty friend"- You are too hard on yourself, I think the fact that you kept at it when you felt discouraged is a HUGE, HUGE success! And look at you this month- ROCKIN!!! It all boils down to consistancy, and that gets better with time! I don't always make everygoal, but each time that I try, I see some benefits. I had a teacher once tell me "Shoot for the moon, that way, even if you fall short, you will land amongst the stars" I think of that often when setting my goals! alright, that is all philosophy talk for now. I just really want you to know You are doing Great, and keep at it!

To all the other chicks, gotta run for now, keep up the good work!
  • I finished a 5K today non-stop! First time ever! My time was 40:40 I am so proud!

Pretty friend I agree with Lewisempire. I think you should let last month stay where it is supposed to be...in the past and just focus on the now. You are doing awesome this month and you should celebrate those accomplishments

Lewisempre have a great day!
  • Hi ladies Terapet, hi there! Welcome to our group : )

CakeBatterrrrrrr, wtg! That rocks girl. You ran a 5k? wow! Good for you! :

Hope everyone is having a great day and weekend. I lucked out this morning and was ok so got my workouts in. whew. I am going to post my minutes and then swing over to our other thread before heading out.
    Keep up the awesome work everyone : ).

4/1 -40 min. wii aerobics
    4/2 -68 min. ( 30 min. walk-t.m, 20 min. wii aer., 18 min strenght training).
    4/3 -none
    4/4 -82 min. (40 min. walk-t.m, 20 min. wii aer, 22 min. u.b.s.t)
    4/5 -
    4/6 -
    4/7 -
  • Congrats on the 5k, CakeBatter!! I know how tough making it through that first one is, and how great it feels when you've done it! Way to go!!

I've been a bit slow exercise-wise, but I'm headed to the gym later today and I'm running in a 5k at some awfully early hour tomorrow morning, so at least I'll have had a productive exercise weekend.
  • Nice job ladies! Everyone is doign great! Oh, Lewsiempire, how I'd LOVE to make your prediction come true. I better stop eating the way I have though if I can even think of getting back there.
    Excellent, Cake Batter on finishing the 5K with no stopping! It is something I have to re-train for every summer. I wish I was better about maintaining it through the winter. Anyway, great job!
    You're doing very well, prettyfriend! Nice job getting in extra workouts! I need to get more strength in to complete my workouts. As Cake Batter said, keep the past where it belongs. You're doing very well now and that's what you should focus on.
    Best of luck on your 5K tomorrow, icandoallthings! I look forward to my first event of the season...but I still haven't decided what it will be. LOL
    Hey, FSA you ladies are doing great! I'll post more later when I have more time.
  • Cake!! Way to go! I'm so proud of you!!
  • Congrats Cakebatter! Very cool.
  • My Minutes:
    4/1: 68 min (WAH 5 miles), 32 Wii Fit
    4/2: 38 min (WAH 3 miles w/stretchies), 58 min Wii Fit
    4/3: 42 min Taebo
    4/4: 38 min (WAH 3 miles w/weights), 45 min walk to park
  • Well, this thread got me by another day of exercise! Hopefully, someday, I'll actually start enjoying exercising. Actually, if I could just get out of this "I REALLY don't want to do it" funk of the last couple of days, I'd be happy to settle for that, lol!

April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked!
  • Yay Cakebatter! I am impressed!!! WTG! That is really cool!
    My hike was shorter than expected, only 4 miles.... oh well it sure was pretty!
    I am making my goal 62 miles in April! Let's get Rolling!!!
    4/1- 3miles walking
    4/2- 1 mile (15 minutes on nordic track) + long bad day at work!
    4/3- 3.3 miles on nordic track, upperbody weights, and 2x40 reps ab lounge
    4/4- 4 mile hike, .5 miles nordic track
    4/5-
    4/6-
    4/7-
    4/8-
    week 1 total miles-
  • My work-outs so far this week...

4/1- walked 1 mile. Ran 2.5 miles.
    4/2- rest day.
    4/3- Push-up challenge, day 1 week 2. Yoga.
    4/4- walked 1 mile, ran 2 miles.
    4/5-
    4/6-
    4/7-
    (total/walk/run=6.5/2/4.5)

Running my 5k tomorrow. It's kind of a tough course because the last mile is uphill, but I'm hoping for a time around 36:00 minutes...but I'll be happy with any time as long I finish. And as long as it doesn't rain...
  • My exercise is in for today. Yay! It's a chilly but sunny day, and my husband and I took our dog for a walk. She tends to walk us faster than we normally mean to go, but when a mastiff wants to walk at a certain pace, you don't have much choice but to keep up, lol! Even so, she only likes to go a few blocks and then she gets tuckered out, so then we dropped her off back home and walked some more. I appreciated that my hubby joined me too. He's not ready for the all-healthy eating yet, but he's pretty good about taking a walk on nice days. Makes exercise seem not so much like exercise.

April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked! April 5--Walked!
  • Hey Ladies, just did my usual Sunday morning weigh in. I was down 4.5 lbs from last sunday!!! Guess thats what happens when you stick to your plans So thank you all for your support, somedays I would be lost without this forum to remind me that i am not on this journey alone!!

Off to my sunday 'boot camp'