April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 9 of 27
Go to
  • everyone!

Wow, this thread is jumping!

Good to see all of you are doing good. I feel so awful today, mostly job caused. I wanna eat everything in sight! My thighs are still sore from the trainer session Tuesday. I'm off this weekend and I'm hitting the gym.

TTYL!
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
    CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; pop at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
  • Hey Hattie! Good to see ya here! Sorry to hear about your pain. I hope it keeps getting better. Take good care of yourself, chicky!
  • Ladies Good Evening,

I am so excited to be posting this evening because *drumroll* please.....I lost 3.4 pounds. Yay for me. I weigh 184! I am so freaking happy I don't know what to do. That puts at 4 pounds to hit my end of the month goal!!

Everyone is doing so well and we are just off great start!

Jasonslea Sorry to hear that but good thing your legs are so sore! That means you must have worked very hard.

Hattie Yay for exercise! Glad you are here!

saramommy WTG on 2 pounds. It's so good doesn't it. Looks like your changes have paid off!

sjdphcWTG on two weeks at the gym lady! OMG I have skipped out of early many of days to make sure I claim my spot on the machine of my choice. It's a good feeling to want to go the gym!

Wannabe It is good you made the decison to rest since you are not feeling well.

Msperception yeah i hear you on eating out after WW. MY mom and I always get sushi after the meeting

FSA/Jacqui/college heeeey
  • Oh my word, Cake! 3.4 lbs, that is fantastic!!!
  • Phew, long day, but I did well. Especially diet wise, I stayed under 1500 calories (though I'm allowing myself 1800-2000), and learned how to make low-fat chicken paninis. I didn't get a chance to exercise though, since I had to babysit my nephews all day. I was considering taking them on a walk with me, but I wasn't sure if I could hold on to both at once (they're 3 and 4).
    But other than that April is starting out really well. I even hopped on my new scale earlier and I've lost another pound, so that makes 2 this week.

I wanna read everyone's replies but I gotta go to bed so I'm gonna wait until the morning. I hope you're all doing wonderfully!
  • fenderella- I think babysitting a 3 and 4 y/o counts as exercise! LOL
    I have a 4, 5 and 9 y/o and they can defintely keep me active all on their own!
  • Cake that is so awesome! Congratulations on the 3.4lbs.

I am so glad I ate light during the day today, because for dinner I stuffed myself with takeout Chinese food. It was worth it though since I haven't eaten Chinese food in months.
  • Hi, good morning sweet girls Wishing everyone a great day. It really is so nice to come in and read everyones news!

All went well here yesterday, how could it not? I don't like dark meat, yuck! lol Anyhow girls, I seem to have found that balance where I have fun but lose weight a t the same time and that really rocks....sort of liek Ms Perception was saying too! I tell you though, I don't like dark meat (I prefer white chicken meat) and after all the hounding they give us to be more healthy, wellllllllllll.. let's see some more healthy meals in the restaurants! lol

It makes me mad! What about the commercials! l ol. Okay I will

Hattie, hello there! I wish you a speedy recovery girl.

Lea, hang in there darling! hugs! you keep on trucking!

Jacqui , yay! keep up the great work!

MsPerception, rock it girl

cake batter, amazing! yay! that is so awesome!!!!

fenderella, yay! lol
    Need I say more than MsPerception? lol. awesome seety, keep up the great work.

Hi Diva : ) I hear you on that count girl, oh my DH has been asking me for a long time!

Take care everyone, it is so nice to have each other here.. I look forwar to seeing you all tomorrow.
  • I have made it out of the 150's 149 on the nose this morning!!
  • mothermavis - WTG it so awesome breaking into new decades!

FSA - Hey Lady! OMG I will take your dark meat...I love it!

Butterfly - Thanks Honey. Oh how I long for chinese food. Maybe this weekend I dunno

Fenderella - GJ with your calories. Oh and I agree with ms perception you did have exercise with those boys.

Jacqui - THanks

Well I am having What - A - Bruger for Lunch today. But I am sharing with a co-worker. Emmm I can taste. I am have planned for this and I am working out today so this a no stresser. I took Msperception's advice and planned for it like she said and it takes away the stress.

EDIT: Oh I apparently I can't odo simple math. I have 6 pounds to lose not 4 like the previous post states. LOL
  • Ah this is so awesome. I just stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 311.6lbs! That's 3.4lbs all together this week! Man, this feels amazing, I went months with the scale saying only 320-325 and never budging.
    Oh and I've decided I'm going to learn a new recipe every day, no matter how small it is, so tonight I'm planning twice baked potatoes. I found a recipe on DIY Diet that's only 190 calories per serving. So my dinner will only be 380 calories. ^^
    So how's everyone else doing?

Ms. Perception - I guess so! I was actually thinking that yesterday, if chasing kids around all day counts as exercise. Lol. It must if I lost more weight.

Cakebatter
    - WTG! That's awesome! We've lost the same amount now (unless you've lost more)

mothermavis - Awesome! I hope the scales continue to treat you well!

saramommy - Congrats on losing 2 pounds!

Good luck to everyone! Have a fabulous 3rd day!
  • Well ladies I rested yesterday and took my tylenol and by evening was feeling much better. So I did L1 D10 of 30ds and didn't feel like I got a good enough workout so I walked/jogged to my moms house about 1 1/2 miles away...and I did it in 22 minutes! Whoot. I was tired this morning though and I have this pinch in my back right between my shoulder blades, I still did 30ds - L2 D1 - I just had to half *** it.
  • Hey ladies , I dont have long, but I just wanted to pop in so you dont think I vanished off the face of the earth Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • Good morning Ladies! You all just motivate me so much! I am just amazed! Fenderella, congrats on your 3.4 lbs off! Wow! That's incredible! Mothermavis, the 140s! Yay! That has to feel wonderful!! Good for you! Wannabeskinnyagain, I'm so glad you feel good about getting your exercise in! Please don't overdue it though. That pinch in your back could mean your spine is out of alignment, which was probably the cause of the kink in your neck yesterday morning. You might want to see a chiropractor if it doesn't get any better. Tylenol will mask the problem, so be careful!

And I have good news too! I have lost 1 lb! Yay! I am 205 lbs now, just 5lbs away from my first mini-goal! I just love it when that number on the scale moves down!