April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 22 of 27
Go to
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants
    If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
    CakeBatter: Run 36 miles--MET GOAL!!; reach 178 lbs
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Do the 5K in under 32 minutes--MET GOAL!!; finish senior thesis; lose 9 lbs
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
    Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
    Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
    Efova: Reach 180 lbs
    Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
    Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
    Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
    FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
    Savora: Lose 6 lbs
  • Cake, thanks! And you haven't "hogged" the thread. We're here to help each other out and you needed answers immediately. I'm sorry to hear that you and your bf ended up in an argument, but I am glad that it didn't last and that you two went shopping together afterwards. It sounds like perhaps that was his way of trying to make it up to you for your having to endure all those tempting foods when you didn't want to. Oh well, it's over now, and hopefully the next time a challenge like that comes up, you'll both have a better idea of how best to handle it.
  • hi girlssssssssss

I am soooooo exhausted and thought to take a peek in before going to bed. Jacqui and lene , wtg on lb. lost....lewis and cake, and to all.. hi girls . TOo tired to write much now (i will write tomorrow, miss you all ). I just saw your threads cake, you sounded pretty upset. Just want you to know I would of felt exactly t he same way! Your not hogging the threads either! I am glad it's over with now (as Jacqui said) and also you and BF went shopping after. Regarding this journey, sometimes not everyone understands it the way would like or might make some responses which also are along the same lines. I can absolutely see where your frustration came from! You would of been a lot more miserable had you not held to your reserve and then maybe after pissed off even more at yourself and them for going and eating! You stuck to your guns girl, be proud for that, it takes a lot of willpower! .... oh god, I have to get to bed.......I will write more tomorrow. hugsssssss.
  • Good morning girls. I spent yesterday mostly in bed, because of a yucky sinus infection.....but 24hours and some antibiotics, I am feeling better.
    Cake, I am sorry to hear you ended up having it rough over the weekend. But it sounds like you handled a tough situation pretty darn great. I think that is wonderful, and you should really be very proud of yourself! So congratulations! As far as hogging the thread, I agree with Jaqui, and Fullsteam, that is what it is here for. Wheither you need to vent, rant, get some advice, brag on yourself, whatever, this is the perfect place. That being said, I hope you have an especially great day today! You have earned it!
    Fullsteamahead- Yay for great husbands! It sounds like you have a real doll!!!!! You lucky thing you.

Jaqui- WTG on your loss! That is wonderful!

Lene- Great news on your loss! Sounds like you have a great big goal in mind! Keep us updated on how it is going. We would love to cheer you on!

Fenderella- the daily plate is great! I think you will see some great changes. The blog is a fantastic tool too!

Jasonslea- I hope the good days start to take over, and link together for you! As far as wanting to get dolled up....I think that is your self-esteem improving! Go For it!!!! It is a good thing.

Gotta run girls, I am babysitting a 4 year old today.... pray for me!
  • goodmorning girls I slept like a log last night!

I had a real nice time yesterday with my family. I did eat as planned (lunch and dinner) but was not supposed to eat inbetween and had spanakopita (spinach pie) inbetween! That stuff is my weakness, lol. One good thing is that I can't eat as much as I used too, I have trained myself to have smaller portions for some time now and after a while it comes naturally, so good thing for that! I did a pretty good job though! TOday I am right back OP and no leftovers or letting that one day feasting spill into 2! There are still leftovers but had my share last night and I am eating the hard boiled eggs today! Oh, I have plenty of those!

I looked on the calender and plan to WI this Friday and the following Friday, May 1. We are going to my Aunts this Sunday for a family get together and you guessed it, another feast! That one should be okay as long as I don't overdo lunch and have a light dinner. For now, onto our new day and making it a good one!

Jacqui, I am glad that you had so much fun at the jazz fest your daughter took you to the other night, what a nice idea! Sounds like you had a scrumptious dinner and congratulations once again on the loss! wtg Jacqui! .

Lene, hi there! Oh, regarding writing and losing the post, arggggh, that is frustrating! hate when that happens. yay on the good feelings and losing a lb. Regarding the cleaning, I did so much of it and the downstairs looks great but never got to finish the upstairs (shampoo carpets and all) which I am putting on hold for right now (next few days or so) as I had my fill of cleaning for a bit. Enjoy your week off and save some time for yourself too, as for the dreaded cleaning....you know how it is..you will feel great once your done! Have a great day lene .

Hi again cake, : )....well I didn't do terrible at the family gathering, just okay...which I am okay with as long as I am perfectly OP t he rest of the week. I was real strict prior to the gathering, so hopefully not too much damage was done. Onto a new day and lot's of water today! As for you, I think your doing great and once again for sticking to your guns the other night. Hope you had a great weekend.

Lewisempire, hi there girl! I am glad you had fun at the wedding. Sorry to hear you were in bed yesterday with the sinus infection but so glad you are feeling better today! Your such a sweety. Oh your baby sitting a 4 yr. old today? lol pray for you eh? You will get your exercise in today, Have fun with the little one....they are awfully cute at that age : ). Regarding DH, thanks ....yeah, I think I will keep him omg, it was a real releif to me! My family was like "wow" when they saw all the plants and how large they had gotten. The morning glories are doing awesome, the moonflowers (only planted 14 of them) are still in the baby stages. DH brought the hummingbird feeder up so I need to make the food and put it out as they will be passing through shortly. OK girl, I better get a run on....glad you feel better today and have a wonderful day

Hi to all of you other ladies, Msperception, urockmom, scarlett, christian, fenderella, and to all of you!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is doing well. Wishing everyone a great new day, let's keep rocking it girls. Talk soon, a big to all of you. Have a terrific day, I will check back in this afternoon or tonight.
  • Hi gals!

Seems like there was a bit of drama around here over the weekend, eh?

Cake~Seems like you & BF made it out on the other side OK. I am sorry, though, that it was so upsetting and caused a fight. You stick to your guns, girl, 'cause you are soooo worth it!

Lewis~Sorry you have been feeling poorly & I know that you'll burn up your calories today chasing the 4-year-old!

FSA~So happy you had a good celebration weekend and stayed-mostly-OP. Spanokopita There is a big Greek fest near my house once-a-year when I go and get my fix. Thank goodness it is only once-a-year!!!

Jacqui~I know you can make it the 3 pounds before the end of the month. I am sending you :

Lene~Great news on the loss & your optimism. I am sure it is going to make a big difference and get that scale moving in the right direction again.

Well ladies, I have to run and get some more chores done around here. I did OK over the weekend but had a fancy dinner/dance thing on Sat. night so that was a bit over on the calorie chart. Today, I got in my exercise and am through 48 oz. of water with 48 more to go.

Hope you gals have a super evening!!!
  • Hi all

I have to share some great news with you...

I am now in ONEderland!!! Finally! I hit 199 this morning.

I only wish I could dance like a fool but the pinched nerve is stopping that. I am still not able to exercise but am going to Physical Therapy and eating OP.

I am sooo excited!

Thank you ...goes to all of you wonderful ladies who always are willing to support and cheer!
  • Hattie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flow 1:: bravo::congr at::chee r:

Sorry some of the emoticons are messed! You have worked so hard and I am so proud of you!
  • Finally the scale is moving! I'm down to 310.6, which is below the weight I was before I went off plan. I'm officially back on plan! It was probably all the sodium I'd been eating that kept the scale up, I just found out about water retention the other day so I've been cutting back on the sodium.
    Now if I can just get rid of that .6lb, I'll have lost 60lbs and have 60lbs to go!

Oh and this is kinda OT, but my 18th birthday is a week from now! My mom's already planning on making diet coke cake. ^^
    I may have not gotten down to 300lbs just yet, but I'm finally getting my driver's license on my birthday, so I'm happy.

WTG Hattie! That's Awesome! That's gotta feel amazing.

Cake - I'm sorry you got put in that situation. But you got through it! You have way more will power than I do, that's for sure. :P

FSA - Good job with your portion control! I'm sure that spinach pie didn't do any long term damage. :P

Lewisempire - I've been using DP everyday for about a week now and it's definitely doing me some good. I'm so glad I have that and 3fc to keep me on track, I don't know where I'd be without you guys. Congrats on losing! (That still feels weird to say, lol)

Jacqui D - Glad to hear it's nice in central Ohio, that's where I'll be moving this summer! Unfortunately it's cold and rainy in southern Ohio. :P Congrats on losing another pound!

I hope you're all having a great evening!

By the way, sorry it took so long to finally read and reply to everyone's posts! I miss one page and then that turns into 5 and it gets a bit overwhelming. lol
  • Hattie!!!! Woohoo!!! Great job!!! I am so proud of you too!! You've come a long way, baby!! Keep going!!! Yay!!

Urock, thanks for the good vibes, and great job on the exercise and water! I just love how everyone here has such resolve to keep going strong despite being confronted with everyday challenges like special dinners! It always reminds me that what we are doing is not a diet; it's a change for life, and we can all do it!

FSA, thanks! And yes, my daughter and I had a wonderful time together.... Spanakopita, oh my! I have never had it, but spinach pie sounds delish!! I can understand why it's your weakness! That reminds me of my weakness--pumpkin doughnuts. Not just any pumpkin doughnuts! Every October, my town holds a huge pumpkin festival called the Circleville Pumpkin Show, and there is a bakery here that makes melt-in-your-mouth, warm, homemade pumpkin doughnuts for the event. Oh my, they are little bits of heaven with holes in the middle. Honestly, I can resist anything if I put my mind to it, except these doughnuts! It's only April and I'm already planning for how to cope with this temptation, lol! Anyway, I am so glad that you had a wonderful day yesterday with your family, even if you did have a tad too much Spanakopita! Are you going to the *Greek* aunt's house for this next feast? If so, you are very brave, lol! I'm sending you !

Lewis, thanks, and I hope you get well soon!! I'm so glad you already have antibiotics in you. Sinus infections are buggers!

Well, although my b-day isn't until tomorrow, I got my Y membership today!! Yay!! And just in time! It rained here all day and I didn't want to go back to my recumbent bike because my knees have been bothering me, and so my DH and I walked the inside track when he got home from work. I loved it! On Wednesday morning, I have an orientation scheduled to go over all the weight and exercise machines. I can't help but think about how much it will help my metabolism to tone my muscles! (And my DH, who said he really wasn't interested in a membership, wants me to bring home a swimming schedule, lol! It's great!)
  • Fenderella, way to go on the scale moving!! You are doing such a great job! And congrats on getting your license soon for your birthday! That is an exciting time! Oh, to be young again, lol!

Oh, and I'm afraid the weather has turned rainy here too. Oh well! That's Ohio for you!
  • Fenderella, congrats on the loss and soon to be license.

Jacqui, enjoy your time at the gym. The weight machines will definitely get you toned quick!

Urock, 96ozs of water a day??? I'd be in the the little girl's room all day! Good job on getting your exercise in.

FSA, good for you for not letting the leftovers get the best of you! Glad you had a nice time with family.

Cake, glad you survived that evening and it's over with for you.

I decided to join the Daily plate too. It's a little time consuming entering all that info but I guess it will get faster as I use it more.
    I did 6 miles on the elliptical last night, man push-ups, and crunches. I'm going to repeat the same routine tonight.
    I'll check in tomorrow chicks. Have a great night!
  • girlsssssssssssssss, hey please do forgive me for not doing personals until the morning, Im bushed! but we do have a birthday gir l here and it is very exciting so here is to our Jacqui!!!!!!!!!!! happy birthday Jacqui, I hope youahve a beautiful day! hugssssss
  • AWWWW, that's so sweet, FSA! Thank you!
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants
    If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
    CakeBatter: Run 36 miles--MET GOAL!!; reach 178 lbs
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Do the 5K in under 32 minutes--MET GOAL!!; finish senior thesis; lose 9 lbs
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
    Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
    Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
    Efova: Reach 180 lbs
    Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
    Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
    Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
    FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
    Savora: Lose 6 lbs