What's In Your Wallet? Mid-Week Boost

• For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

What’s in your future?

Vicar reminded us this weekend of the Capital One credit card advertisements.
    We've all seen them, …you know, when they ask What’s in your wallet?
    They make it seem almost magical, you get this card, and you are showered with all of these gifts, like there is no cost, it is free!

Well, it turns out it is NOT free, and there is a cost to the credit card… you must pay for your charges, your debt, and interest on top of all of that!

Christ, on the other hand, lets us use His credit and it is a gift, He pays every bill for us!
    He forgives us so that, through Him, we are holy and without sin, because we are forgiven. Therefore, we have God's eternal presence and strength and guidance as we make our way to heaven.

We know what our future is:
    For by grace you have been saved through faith
    and that not of ourselves it is the gift of God.

What awesome words God tells us in Ephesians.
    No matter what charges we “run up” with our sins, Christ willingly pays the debt when, through faith ( again, a gift and creation of God the Holy Spirit) we examine our lives and through the creative power of the Holy Spirit, receive Christ's forgiveness.

As Good Friday draws closer, we remember exactly the price God pays for our tab - our sins – how He became true man and true God, took our sins upon himself, suffered, died on the cross and rose again. All this He did for us and for our salvation.

So, the next time you see one of those commercials and they ask what's in your wallet? Smile, and answer with a shout,

“God’s Grace, His Amazing Grace, is in my wallet!"
  • Gary, if I lived in your area I think I would want to go to your church, even though I am an elder in my Presbyterian Church, you have quoted your Vicar before, I like what he says and the way he says it.
  • I agree with you on that one, BARGOO ... this is a clever message and so appropriate for this time too. I have a little laminated card with a wooden cross on it that I carry in my little wallet, that is called 'A CROSS IN MY POCKET'. I keep it in there as a reminder of all the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us.

DH and I have gone through our share of rough times, but GOD has always brought us through them one way or another; and we are very grateful to Him for His faithfulness. Here's what the card says ...

THE CROSS IN MY POCKET

I carry a cross in my pocket
    A simple reminder to me
    Of the fact that I am a Christian
    No matter where I may be.

This little cross is not magic
    Nor is it a good luck charm
    It isn't meant to protect me
    From every physical harm.

It's not for identification
    For all the world to see
    It's simply an understanding
    Between my Saviour and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket
    To bring out a coin or key
    The cross is there to remind me
    Of the price He paid for me.

It reminds me, too, to be thankful
    For my blessings day by day
    And to strive to serve Him better
    In all that I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder ...
    Of the peace and comfort I share
    With all who know my Master
    And give themselves to His care.

So, I carry a cross in my pocket
    Reminding no one but me ...
    That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life
    If only, I'll let Him be!
  • BARGOO I think most Christians would like the messages that come from our pulpit...I am so blessed to be able to attend there for over 25 years....for many reasons

ROSEBUD always great to read that poem!