Spring Season-Long (three months til bathing suits!) Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 23
Go to
  • Im up to 166 but i could not control the cravings i had during tom. but hes gone now but today is a lot better . got some serious exercise in and drank lots of water. We'll see how it goes. not going to weigh until monday tho
  • Bad news - I had 2 1/2 pcs. of pizza and a small slice of chocolate cake.
    Good news - I knew it was coming, knew I have very little control when it comes to pizza, so I planned on indulging. I still stayed within my calorie limits!! Also, I could very easily have eaten 2 or 3 more slices of said gooey deliciousness, but I DIDN'T. That's something, right?
    I am down a total of 1.8 lbs since starting this challenge, down to 168.8. I can't wait to see what my loss for the week is!

Cakebatter - congrats on the loss!!!
    Wormwooddoll - TOM sucks... I'm sure you will see a nice loss when she leaves though.
  • The important thing is never give up, I am sure you will see a nice loss.
  • Booski -- that's awesome. You planned for it and stayed OP so it's all legal, IMO. I had peeps today (I <3 easter candy) but I had enough points to cover the little busters. Lol.
    I'm expecting to be up but I'm going to WW anyway. Will post WI results tomorrow. Should get to bed soon!
  • Morning!

I'll have to figure out what I ate yesterday that had salt. My face and hands feel puffy and I've got a mystery pound. However .... that's easily fixed.

The weather here has been pretty nice, are you gals walking?
  • the weather here has been kind of nasty, but to be expected in the spring.

I reached my 80 pound lost today! This is totally how I feel -->

NO DIET SODA in almost a week, I can't believe it!
  • Kelly - CONGRATS!!!! Wow, 80 lbs, that's amazing.
    SusanB - No, it's rainy and yucky here. It was nice earlier in the week, and I took an outside walk then.
    Spooky - Peeps are soooo yummy, especially when they're rock-hard stale.
  • Well Susuan - it is currently nice out but I am stuck here at work on a Saturday! Anyway if it is still nice I am going to hit the trail for abit. So i went to the JCP sale and bought a new shirt. And guess what it was a >>>MEdium. Woot woot

Booski - That was not bad at all. You planned for it meaning you knew how to prepare for it....Good job!

Kelly - 80 pounds that is my amazing! COngratulations!

Jassica - No worries once TOM is gone you will be back to normal less a little extra

Susan - I can always when I have too much salt because my rings start to turn my finger blue.....lol
  • well never did my exercising yesterday. will WI tomorrow and let you know how it went tomorrow morning. so far today everything is going good.. the only thing i have eaten today is breakfast at ihop. i am just not hungry i am not avoiding eating. i am hoping now that when i do eat something i will not over do it. that is what has got me nervous right now because that is what normally gets me.
  • I think the thing that most surprises me now that I am doing so well with my new "lifestyle" - is that I am able to indulge once - and get back to the routine the next day. Leave your mistakes in the past - don't let them takeover.

So you had pizza - big deal - enjoy it - and move on. It doesn't have to control you - YOU ARE IN CONTROL
  • Quote: I think the thing that most surprises me now that I am doing so well with my new "lifestyle" - is that I am able to indulge once - and get back to the routine the next day. Leave your mistakes in the past - don't let them takeover.

So you had pizza - big deal - enjoy it - and move on. It doesn't have to control you - YOU ARE IN CONTROL
    Well put!

Mrsaugie - I hope ur WI goes well. When r ready to eat maybe and try to drink a glass or water before and then eat slowly so will know when you are full.
  • Hope I'm not too late, I'm still trying to navigate my way around this place and just found this thread. Man, I really need something like this to motivate me anyway.

SW - 315
    GW - 285 by late June

30lbs even is perfect. That's almost halfway to my main goal from where I am now, and I won't have much longer after the summer to complete my main goal anyway.
    I know I can do it, I just really need to try. I've been lazily trying to lose weight, saying "I can eat this if I exercise more" or "I don't have to exercise if I just cut my calories"; imagine what damage I could do if I actually diet and exercise all at once. :P

And my other goals are:

1. ELIMINATE all soda. This won't be too hard seeing as I've been working on this for a while, but I'd like to primarily drink water. I've been letting myself drink gatorade too often, and it's not much better than soda.

2. Exercise for 30 mins 3x a week at least.

3. No more than 2000 calories a day.
  • We did a bit of outside work this morning. It was great ... and it's exercise!

MrsAugie ... just imagine that we are watching you eat.
  • I wanna play too!

3/20= 194.6
    6/20= goal of 174 (my weight when I got married 14 years ago- the ski rental ticket in my scrapbook says so.... I thought I was lighter than that then! I was in a stinkin' size 12.)

Why? So I don't sink my boat this summer. JK, truly tho, I want to be able to successfully flip and re-enter my single.... which means I need less junk in the trunk and more upper body strength. I also want to be a confident rower and not concerned with what my teammates think of my spandex covered bod.

Also, I turn 35 in July and my goal has been to lose 35# total by then. Meeting this challenge will put me about 7-8# out from that goal.
  • Morning!

How's the weekend going?

I'm going to hobble to church in heels a little later. Do you suppose that uses extra calories