please...

• can you give me a daily menu plan that worked best for you in induction? Just trying to get some ideas.. thanks! I have been on La weight loss but am interested in trying the low carb approach as I don't loose when I have too many starches and have stalled on the lowest possible plan for me. Might join you over here for a bit to loose the last 10-15 and maintain.
  • My typical menu on Induction looked like this:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette cooked in butter with 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, 3 strips bacon or 3 links breakfast sausage, herbal decaf tea with 1 packet Splenda & 1 Tbsp heavy cream

Lunch: Salad topped with grilled chicken or homemade tuna salad (tuna, full fat mayo, splenda sweetened relish) & cold, cooked broccoli florets or cold cooked green beans, 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing

Dinner: Chicken, Fish, Pork or Beef, small salad with 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing, veggie from acceptable foods list

Lots of water
  • thanks...
    thanks so much. I went on the site and read the book, only have 10-15lbs to loose but want to eat better and loose the carb addiction. It was suggested that i start on OWL, but I think I'll do the induction until I break the cravings.. thanks for your menu sample.
  • Good luck Elizabeth and congrats on your weight loss so far.. WTG!!!

Stick with Kim (jerseygyrl) she really know's her atkins stuff !!!

• Since I've been on Atkins I discovered the wonders of flaxseed and now I LOVE that stuff!

I gets the seeds and grind it up into meal form (or you can by ground flaxseed aka flaxmeal in the grocery store) and then use it to make all sorts of goodies. Flaxseed has a relatively large amount of carbs (from an Induction standpoint), but technically all the carbs are dietary fiber, which means almost 0g net carbs! (yes, I choose dancing-broccoli because dancing-carrotand dancing banana are both NOT Induction-friendly. LOL)

So far I've made muffins, sandwich buns, pancakes, and pizza dough purely out of flaxmeal (meaning as the only flour-substitute). One of these days when I have a minute I'll try to make maybe a loaf of bread or something... point is, possibilities are endless, and this stuff tastes so good that even after I reach goal I see no need to ever switch back from flax pancakes to regular pancakes .

There is some debate as to whether flaxseed is technically an induction friendly food (Kim, please feel free to chime in with some wisdom here). However, in DANDR, Dr. Atkins recommends using a small portion (2tbsps I think) of ground flaxseed to help relieve constipation that may come from changing to an induction-friendly lifestyle. So IMO that means that flaxseed is alright with Dr. A!

Here are some particularly good recipes using flaxmeal/ ground flaxseed:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/most_aw...zza_crust.html
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/flax_sandwich_buns.html

There is also the "muffin in a minute," I microwave muffin that is easy to make and very good. I found it here in the 3FC forum, so if you do a search for it it will come up.

Best of luck with Induction, and do try flax if you are even vaguely interested... it changed my life (it really did)!
  • Quote: There is some debate as to whether flaxseed is technically an induction friendly food (Kim, please feel free to chime in with some wisdom here). However, in DANDR, Dr. Atkins recommends using a small portion (2tbsps I think) of ground flaxseed to help relieve constipation that may come from changing to an induction-friendly lifestyle. So IMO that means that flaxseed is alright with Dr. A!
    Shauna...you are correct, here is some debate as to whether flaxseed is technically Induction friendly. From what I've read, yes, Dr. Atkins did recommend a small portion of flax for relief of constipation & daily fiber supplementation.
    For daily fiber supplementationChapter 8: "I recommend that you take one tablespoon of psyllium husks daily. Be sure to select a sugar-free product. You can also take one tablespoon of coarse wheat bran or flaxseed meal."
    For relief of constipationChapter 11: "If you are constipated, mix a tablespoon or more of psyllium husks in a cup or more of water and drink daily. Or mix ground flaxseed into a shake or sprinkle wheat bran on a salad or vegetables."
    So, based on that, you can see Dr. Atkins set conditions on using flax during Induction.
    If you are using it as part of your daily food intake...technically, it is a seed and should not be added until the nuts & seeds rung of the carb ladder during OWL.
    Dr. Atkins was very specific that during Induction, it is only used for fiber supplementation & constipation relief in the amounts he specified in the book.
    I hope this clears up any confusion