Update

• I'm finding my health trials to be such a spiritual battle. Right now most of the battle is trying to be positive and feel oppressed by the unknowns and fear and fatigue. I feel better every time somebody prays over me or tells me they are praying for me. some people believe I'll be completely healed of the leukemia. I know God can do. I know I desire him to do it. I don't know if he will. I've seen stronger believers die of cancer. I guess I'll leave that to him and control what I can-my attitude.

I'm hoping to get my PICC out tomorrow or Wednesday. There's no more sign of cellulitis. Whoopie! or Yeehaw as some say here in AZ. What we thought what might be more turned out to be more superficial clots that are slowly going away. The pharmacist with the infusion service said "Your infectious disease dr. said it could come out if your oncologist isn't planning on using it." I thought, "Drats! I do have an oncologist now, don't I?" but she's planning on pills and not IVs. I know some people live with these for a long time. God bless them!

And after WEEKS of up and down, I'm finally down to 250! 240s here I come! I still have to keep reminding myself I don't weigh 300+ anymore! It would be easier to remember if my knee and legs didn't hurt so much at work. I wish I could fly somewhere just so I don't have to ask for a seat belt extension!
    I have more clothes to give away. I didn't realize I had so many 28-32s.

I decided I have to drink MORE than 64 ounces of water a day to keep from feeling like a water balloon. funny how that works. Gotta hurry up and finish this bottle so I can get more in before bedtime.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm feeling better-for now. I'm hoping I can keep it that way.

Thanks for your support and cyber-friendship. 3FC rocks!
  • Hi Terry!!!!!

Sending lots of love and hugs!!! I am so glad to hear that you can find some upbeat thoughts to focus on more then before...you are doing wonderful!

AND 250!!!! Woohoo! FABULOUS!!

Angela
  • terry - you're on track - in soooo many ways.
    and we're right with you.

• Merry Terry: Thank you for the update. I've been in Phoenix, Arizona the past week (THE SUN, THE SUN), and wasn't able to reply to you because I forgot my password for here. I'm thrilled for your weight loss. I'm sorry you are having so many problems right now. I pray for you everyday at 11:00 a.m. and pray for your comfort and the doctors will be knowledgeable.

I've had the superficial phlebitis off and on for years. It is such a pain in the neck, well legs; I'm grateful it isn't deep-veined. I don't really have anyway of preventing it except to wear my stupid "old lady socks" (jobst compression socks) and try not to bump my legs and try to put my legs up once in a while. Sometimes I don't even bump them and it comes back. I had my veins stripped in "72" and they just came out somewhere else and with that came the phlebitis. It kinds of runs in my family!!!! DANG GENES!!!

PICCS....before I had my WLS that was one of the things I did for 11 years. They are a lifesaver for those who are getting stuck over and over. Hope you get yours out soon.

Water is a good thing!
  • Updating the update
    My PICC came out this evening-yay! Now I can focus on the leukemia and pray nothing else happens...

My BP was like 117/68 and I haven't even taken my BP meds yet today. Maybe I can get off them soon!!

I felt good most of the day although my afternoon class is about to drive me over the edge. but only 3 more days until I have a week off. I can do anything for 3 days if ti doesn't kill me first!
  • Hurray, a week off will do you some good! Rest, eat well, take care of Terry so she can again be Merry!

Sending more Hugs and love your way!!

Angela
  • Merry Terry you are so great. I am glad that you are focusing on how well you have been doing. I am also glad that you are on the road to healing. You must remember that God will not put more on us than we can bear and he has the final say to all things. Be blessed and congratulations on getting your PICC out