BFL meals wk 7!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Another week, another shot at this!

I was STARVING this morning after being up all night waiting for babies, and I really wanted a fully loaded breakfast burrito. I made a better choice!

eggs, refried beans, red chile, cheese, roasted zucchini
    cc, berries
    protein pancakes
    protein shake, fruit
    dinner?
    1 hr weights
    postworkout protein shake

It's drizzling here. If it's going to rain I would much prefer a fantastic thunderstorm.
  • here's my boring food:

egg / eggwhites oatmeal
    yog protein bran
    left over spaghetti maybe an egg and whites
    40 minute run
    supper -- not sure what yet
    lbwo
  • hi,

and my boring food:
    yoghurt
    1/2 cheese sandwich
    1/2 cheese sandwich, soup
    yoghurt, cc + cherries
    rice, beef, green beans
    yoghurt, cc + cherries OR dried fruit.

I did a 25 mins wog this morning, had to take it slowly because now my R knee started to act up, so i tried something different that I got from my friends running class: instead of walking in between i jogged much more slow in between. AND I COULD DO IT!!!!!! This is MAJOR, as I never could run for 3+ minutes. Apparently the whole interval thing of walk -run at consecutive higher speeds hade made me learn how to jog longer & slower as well!! Also my friend has running "homework" from her starters group and asked me to join her for that. I'm considering...altough it is outside and at the end of the day I might just do this.

Have a great day all,
    Rabbit
  • Dinner turned into shrimp tacos (corn tortillas) with cabbage, roasted veggies, and guac.

Morning snack was skipped but I threw some extra cottage cheese and an extra egg into my protein pancake mix.

I had a nice workout. Hope you all had a good day!
  • I notice we tend to eat a lot of the same things over and over....sometimes it can be boring, but we know what works for us!

3.5 mile run
    oatmeal with protein powder, blueberries, pnb
    cc/berries, walnuts
    shrimp, veggies, corn tortillas
    turkey slices, apple, string cheese
    dinner: probably salmon and veggies. maybe some beans too.
  • I just started my first BFL challenge YESTERDAY! I'm on day 2. I'm a vegetarian and I like to eat as many "super foods" as I can, so my eating will be a bit different than the BFL recommended plan. But I'll try to stick with the program as much as I can.

Yesterday I ate...
    Meal 1: 1 slice sprouted grain toast with 1 tablespoon organic PB
    Meal 2: 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1 sliced banana
    Meal 3: veggie BLT on sprouted grain toast
    Meal 4: handful pistachios and an apple
    Meal 5: 2 tablespoons hummus with handful of whole wheat pita chips
    Meal 6: Whole wheat linguine with a fat free cottage cheese based "alfredo sauce" topped with kale sauteed with a little EVOO and garlic & an organic mixed greens side salad topped with cherry tomatoes, blackberries, and balsamic vinegar.

Today...
    Meal 1: 1 slice sprouted grain toast with 1 tablespoon organic PB
    Meal 2: Greek yogurt (one container has 14 grams protein!) & berries
    Meal 3: Larabar and 12 oz fat free milk
    Meal 4: whole wheat pasta, cottage cheese, arugula & tomato
    Meal 5: cottage cheese and berries
    Meal 6: handful peanuts
  • Hi,

Midwife - you are right. I tend to eat the same thing every weekday apart from dinner stuff. The strange thig is that I still feel compulsed to write down the plan and the execution every day, and if I don't I feel like I gve myself permission to eat everything in sight. Weird.

so here goes:
    m1: yoghurt etd.
    m2: half cheese sandwich
    m3: soup & other half cheese sandwich
    m4: yoghurt, cc, cherries (& some cookies that dd baked0
    m5: rice, beef, peas
    m6 ? dried fruit

exercise was UBWO. I did not change my routine, but I added 1 kg to the BB so I now have 22 kgs for the chest press.

have a great day all,
    Rabbit
  • Yesterday: didn't post a plan, ate crap, hmmm is there a connection???

Today:

3 mile run---done!!!

1/2 bagel, laughing cow, protein shake
    salmon, strawberries
    pbj sandwich, cc, berries
    turkey, bell pepper, laughing cow
    apple, string cheese
    dinner???
  • I write my plan in the morning and what has been missing the last 3 days are updates that include large amounts of cookies, Little Debbie snacks, and potato chips. I must get a grip. I will get a grip. I have been thinking a lot about why I make those choices and justify junk food, and I have developed some things to tell myself when tempted. Also, most of it is gone now and won't be replaced.

Today
    oatmeal with protein powder, blueberries, pnb
    protein shake, berries
    salmon, flat out wrap
    must go to store

exercise:
    will try to get a run in. poor weather here. 1 hr weights tonight.
  • Yesterday...
    Exercise: 21 minutes intense running, 1.5 mile walk with dog
    1. Oats w/ greek yogurt & blackberries
    2. 2/3 of a Myoplex carb control bar & 8 oz fat free milk
    3. 1/2 whole wheat tortilla filled with veggies and nuts
    4. 1/2 whole wheat tortilla filled with veggies and nuts
    5. organic greens topped with pear, blackberries & cottage cheese
    6. Nothing

Today...
    Exercise: Upper body lifting
    1. Oats with greek yogurt and strawberries
    2. 8 ounces nonfat milk and Pure bar
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. ?
  • Welcome Genesis! And can I say that your greens with cottage cheese and blackberries and pear sounds delish!
  • Looks like a POP food day. Yippee!
  • Hi girls, this is probably my last post for the next week. DH and I are off to a vacation in New Orleans starting tomorrow

I have been totally off plan food wise this week but I did exercise... Next week is a total write off but I usually am quite careful on vacation...

Welcome Genesis
  • Oh my!! Have a great time in NO!!!! I would not even try to stay on plan. I admit it! Bread pudding, gumbo, po' boys.....Not even a chance of staying on plan. You are a far better woman than I if you eat well in that fabulous food place!
  • Good morning! So....2 days POP and the scale read: 152. Yes, I have a set point. I should be grateful. If calories = math = poundage gained, it should have been higher. Goes to show how awesome muscle is! Thank goodness!

Today:
    protein shake, kashi with skim
    turkey and apple
    tuna sandwich, hmmm do I have any raw veggies?
    protein shake and fruit
    dinner will be pizza & salad

exercise: Blarney Stone 5K and some garage weightlifting to hit what I didn't this week. Or just to do stuff that's fun!