Feisty & Sexy #66

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Doxie: its a spread sheet that I have and it works like a journal.
    If I use a carb I put it in and it totals it as I go.
    Its from Rea's page and you can get it here if you need it. It is in Excel format but she does have a works format if thats what you have. But you need to email her for that.
    Works real well for me to keep track of the food groups. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...6548/DOWN.HTML

Countrygal: Dont know why you would be having a problem. just type in : ) for a smile no spaces : p and it should work . Practice and see if you can do it. But no more than 8 at a time as it will kick you off.

Dont use caps either as it wont work use lower case. Just found that out my self

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 09-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 09-06-2000).]
  • Hi! Thanks for the info on the smiles. I will keep trying. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong either, but I'll keep trying. Thanks to all of you!
  • Gosh, I did it! I am totally surprised! I hope that all of you are having a good day. For all of you that live in Texas, it sounds like relief might be headed your way! I sure hope so for your sakes. It is really nice here in Iowa now. Thank goodness. Are you all doing the 123 points? I am thinking about going back to counting calories. Does anyone have any advice on that? Thanks for all your help! I really think you are a great bunch of gals. Countrygal
  • HI EVERYBODY Hi there SCHOOLGIRL what kind of sewing are you doing that's keeping you so busy? I use to do a lot of sewing but not so much anymore. COUNTRYGIRL you seem to be having trouble with the WW123 Program. Do you have all the literature on it? Do you need to know the points for some stuff...just ask.
    I woke up this morning with a cold, but now it's a really BAD cold. My head is all stuffy but my nose is running like a facet.
    DH was a little sick on the weekend, so I guess he shared. WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH I admit to being a little cranky tonight, but I tend to get that way when I can't breathe
    Being the good little Ukrainian Woman that I am, I made a HUGE pot of borsch today. Ok, Ok, I haven't made in over a year I think. I wasn't sure how to count it. "THE BOOK" say 2 points per cup, so I guess I'll go with that. What did you guys all do today? My girlfriend loaned me the movie, "Instinct" with Anthony Hopkins. I like him but I don't know anything about the movie. I think I'll watch it later on. I guess thats it for me, not a very exciting day today. I'll come back later.
    p.s. Hi TRUDY how did it go today?
  • Hi Slavika, Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Colds are so nasty!! I am in limbo right now, as I am no longer going to Weight Watchers and am planning on joining a Tops group. I guess that's why I thought I would go back to calorie counting. :confused I guess they are kind of the same thing, so I don't know what to do. I guess I need to do something though! I need to look for some old journals or menus and start writing down what I am eating. Get well now, and good luck with your cold. Countrygal
  • Hi Ladies, Not much going on here today,the weater was a little better only 96, and the wind was even blowing a little.

Slavika I have an emboridery sewing machine, so I design pillow for baby, wedding showers and graduations (spelling).I also monogram towels, toilet paper, and design baby blankets and bids. Just about any thing and every thing that can be sew on.

I guess I will have to give some of it up when I start to school, but maybe not not much I do enjoy doing it.

I hope all of you have had a good day.

Bye for now schoolgirl

• Slavika..A COLD?..I sure hope you didn't "SHARE" it with me yesterday . The WW book counts New York Borsch not Ukrainian...did you put spareribs into it?..better add a couple of points. New York doesn't know Ukrainian! LOL
    Today was Part III of my tooth problems. I had the crown lenghtening, and nobody told me that was ORAL SURGERY! Now I have 4 stitches in my mouth, a rubber dressing, and lots of pain. OY VEY!
    Linda..I think that Linaka is a perfect choice for your username. I think I read that you have to register again if you change the username.
    Lily...9 days to Hawaii...you lucky gal.
    Schoolgirl..that fire got too close for comfort. You don't have rain and we have too much..go figure.
    Countrygal..get that chocolate out of the house. I DO NOT have any in my house because I cannot leave it alone.

Hi to everybody else, hope you all had a great day. I have to go and rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide and water. Ugh!

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.
  • Hi all. You ladies just talk too darn much. I was here the day before yesterday and I'm already behind.

Lily, I want to know where we are meeting so you can stick me in your suitcase? That was the plan, right? 9 day, oh, I would be in seventh heaven.

Slavika, hope you are not too sick with the cold. My husband had it too and gave it to my dad, but so far, I'm coldfree.

Josie, you are doing so good. It took you awhile, but you are going full force now. Good for you.

Silvergal, the kareoke(sp) sounds like fun. My daughters have done it, but I would never have the nerve. Would love to go sit and watch though.

Trudy, I'm glad you set Slavika straight on the borsch(sp). I hate beets, so I'll pass on that one. My daughter loves the stuff.

Karen, 16 day!!! Will you become a full time WW leader?

Linda, I do think you need to start all over with the registering. I'll be looking for Linaka.

I joined WW today. I haven't gone since March and being I can't seem to get moving, I thought I'd give it a try. I've been journaling, and showed it to the leader and she said I need to eat more. She said to up the points for a couple weeks to see what happens. We did the Dear John to Fat at the meeting today. It was fun.

Countrygal, you need to keep the chocolate out of the house if it's that tempting. I used to be a chocoholic, but now I satisfy my sweet tooth with Sugar free pudding.

Doxie, I measure out the chips, ground beef and anything else I'm not sure of.

Schoolgirl, the fire sounds really scary. Less than a mile away. I have some friends in Texas and they are so tired of the heat and lack of rain. I feel for all of you. I would love a machine like yours, but I probably wouldn't know how to use it. I've been doing the WW since Jan. and I tried all the other diets, and nothing worked till I joined WW. Such an easy program and you get to eat so much, if you make wise choices.

Hi to everyone else.

[This message has been edited by pam920 (edited 09-06-2000).]
  • Hi all, I just thought I'd check in before I go to bed.

I'm going with my cousin down to Salado, TX tomorrow for the day. I've never been there, but there are supposed to be a lot of antique shops, etc. Hopefully it will be cooler, it was only 93 degrees here today. It's nice having my daughter here to stay with Mom. I hope to find another tablecloth to add to my collection from the 1940's. They are really getting to be a popular collectible item here, are they where all of you live? I enjoy using them, they are so bright and colorful.

Hope everyone had a good OP day.

[This message has been edited by Silvergal (edited 09-06-2000).]
  • HI EVERYBODY I thought I would just come here and take a peek but of course I always find something I just have to say. My Ukrainian Cookbook spells BORSCH....
    but the "New York" WW points book spells it
    BORSCHT.... Now I ask you who would you trust?
    I think I must be running a temperature because I'm feeling so lousy tonight but still sitting at my computer, debating how to spell BORSCH for goodness sake. Ok
    I'm off to bed. Night.
  • Countrygal: Looks like you got the smiles working!

Slaivka: Sorry to hear about the cold. They always seem to be the worse this time of year. At least mine are when I get them in the summer/Fall time. Feel better soon!
    I have to vote for this spelling: BORSCH look better to me but then I cant spell anyways!

Schoolgirl: that fire does sound scary. Fires have always scared me. Wish I could send some rain!

Pam: Be at the San Francisco airport by 7:00 am 9/16 and I will pack you away for the trip! Dont bring to much!

Silvergal: I hardly ever see the tablecloths here. So they must be popular here to. I have looked but never seem to find them. I would like to get something like that for special occasions.
  • Boy I miss a couple of days and I am so far behing.
    Slavika - sorry about the cold. With the change of seasons they come. Chicken soup works good too and I know how to spell that.

Talking about Kareoke - we had an overnighter for ladies a few years back and one of them owned a small kareoke machine and brought it over. We drank wine, sang with the machine and hot tubed. It was fun.

Well I started going to drop in yoga twice a week and it is fun. My regular wednesday night starts up in a couple of weeks...and I did 20 min on the treadmill yesterday. Now that the weather is cool again it helps me want to exercise.

I found the material for the tableclothes at Walmart. They had lots of bright fall colours there. Do you have Walmart down your way. I think it is an american company.

I can't type much today - my carpal tunnel is killing me and my fingers keep going to sleep so I will try and get back later.

Hi to everyone...and have a good op day....

------------------
    ((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......
  • Donna..A good book "Conquering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Other Repetitive Strain Injuries" by Sharon J. Butler. I don't have Carpal Tunnel, but the exercises are so great I use them for my Fibro & Myofascial problems. If you don't have the book look it up at the Library.

Just thought I would look in before I start my day with Mom. I am sure she has a list a mile long of all the places that have something on sale today. We will go for lunch somewhere too. She really enjoys her Thursdays. I will look in later on tonight, TTFN.
  • Pam - What did you come up with in your Dear John to Fat? Sounds like this could be pretty fun.

Slavika - A summer cold is the worst. Tell your husband to share everything but that.

Countrygal - Tell us what kind of tablecoths you already have in your collection.

Lily - We are all so envious of your upcoming trip. And you shouldn't need a lot of clothes for Hawaii, right? Enjoy the little sizes you are taking.

Schoolgirl - I think you are the one who is trying to decide what program to go on. We sound so sure that WW is the one, I know, because most of us have tried everything else and this is the only one that has "taken." I know so many people who are trying everything and then you talk to them a week later and they are trying something else. WW is so good because you have to keep focused--it is for the longhaul, something more than 5 or 10 pounds. Enough of my soapbox! But just remember, none of us got here overnight and we aren't going to get skinny overnight either.

[b]All[/b} - We are having a cold spell here in OK, just 95 degrees. YEA! I am feeling so much better, even went walking last night. Guess I will keep my husband instead of putting a contract out on him. The heat was really making me a witch(b). Have a great day!
    Glenda
  • Hi all. I'm posting again, so I don't get so behind.

Silvergal, I'm really happy for you. Having your daughter there has really freed you up some. You needed it. Have fun in Salado, and hope you get another tablecloth to add to your collection. I've never looked for them, so not sure if they are a hot item here.

Slavika, I think we went that route trying to figure out how to spell fiesty/feisty. I think the *t* at the end is right, but harder to spell so I'll stick with borsch.

Lily, I will be there with bells on my toes. You are going to have such a good time. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. If you have a great time, I'm booking the same vacation. We are still debating but I think we may go in Feb.

donna, good to see you. Yoga time again. I know you really enjoyed it the last time you went. Carpel tunnel? Too much time on the computer? They have a wrist thing you can wear, but I'm sure you already know that.

Trudy, have fun with Mom. Is this a every Thursday thing? My mom passed 3 yrs ago, and I really miss her, so enjoy your mom while you can.

Glenda, we did the Dear John as a group at the meeting. Some of the responses were: Good bye, Don't need you anymore, Don't want to see you, You are no good for me, You are destroying my health, Tired of taking you with me everywhere. etc, etc.

I think I covered everything since my last visit. Whewwwwwwwww.

I worked out today and trying to add a few pts since I'm exercising everyday. Hope it works.

Have a good one