G2009-This Takes More Then Luck -Thread #2

You're on Page 4 of 17
Go to
  • WOW! It seems so many people just LOSE it over the weekend. I have read so many comments that said "ate like crap this weekend" or something to that effect.

Eny asked us all a question earlier in this challenge....she wanted to know why we lose steam half way through a challenge.....

NOW I have a question......WHY do we give up and give in on the weekends?

I just don't get it.....we all WANT to lose weight for one reason or another....we all NEED to lose weight for one reason or another.....

That means making better healthier choices....that means cutting out the junk food and eating more fruits and veggies and whole grains and lean meats.....that means getting off our BUTTS and working out for a FEW MINUTES a day. And for what....to throw it out the window at the first excuse we find......I didn't feel good...I was depressed....I was this or I was that..... But the thing is after we BINGE on this food that TASTES GOOD....we feel even worse cause we have let ourselves and all our hard work down.......we feel even worse cause we know those fat rolls (you know the ones that get in your way when you try to tie your shoes or the ones that roll over your bra in the back) are gonna be sticking around a little while longer cause we let FOOD WIN!

We are all so much stronger than this...........If you had a "bad" weekend (i.e. didn't eat well or exercise) then don't let it happen again....find out what the root of the problem was and look back at what you could have done differently to be successful......

When we work hard all week and then binge all weekend we take one step forward and two steps back.....we will never get anywhere we want to be by doing that.

I believe in everyone here....I know you can all achieve what you want...I'm sorry this is so long....but I want everyone to think

Nothing TASTES as good as THIN feels

Nothing tastes as good as:

extra years on your life with your family and friends
    being able to go shopping and fit into clothes that make you feel good and confident
    being able to go through a day and not worry if everyone is thinking how fat you are

FILL IN THE BLANK..... you decide somethings that are better than the way food tastes
  • My bmr was 1471, so my calorie goal will be 1200-1250 per day
    I will exercise a minimum of 1 hour per day: elliptical, weights, walking the dog, etc.
    I will drink min of 60 oz of water/day

Something has got to help, maybe this is it. Thanks, Melissa for the challenge.
  • Hi Ladies

I have been MIA for like 2 months. I don't know if you had sign ups for this challenge, but I did sign up for the G2009 and the Valentine's challenge. I probably can't officially join this challenge but would like to be involved anyway in the discussions at least because it helps me stay motivated.

I was doing so well until I got a stomach bug around Christmas time that lasted over a week. I think the virus or whatever it was caused a relapse of some health issues I have been dealing with off and on over the last two years. Unfortunately it caused a weight gain of about 15 pounds, UGH! I have been feeling mostly back to normal the last couple of weeks so I'm ready to get back on the wagon. I've never weighed so much in my life except for when I was pregnant with my first child. I get so depressed sometimes and I don't want to even leave the house because I'm so ashamed of the way I look.
    I'm hoping to lose more than the 2lbs this first week back. Since its TOM right now hopefully a couple lbs will come off on their own by the end of the week. I'm not going to cut calories too much at first for fear of another relapse so I'm going to try to stay around 1800 or so. Water is 64oz hopefully, and 30-45 min of exercise most days.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well today!
  • Good Morning~I am testing my new high speed dsl. I think it is faster than I am!!!!!! It seems to be working just fine. I will catch up with everyone tonight. Iam taking my sister to her second installment of pre op for gastric bypass tonight. I have taken Noelle for 2 walks, the 3rd tonight will give me 30 min on program!!!! Later Pat
  • Mayness- Sorry to hear about your husbands job. That sucks! The flu seems to be everywhere. I think everyone around here has had it too. Feel better!

Melissa- I remember even when I was skinny I couldnt do the elliptical for that long and you could always go longer than me. I guess some people like the burn, lol and others like me are sissys. Well Im gonna try to make it atleast 20 min when I go to the gym. I just wish they had more tvs there that I can actually hear and not have all the words you have to read. Our gym could use some upgrading. I wish those new owners would hurry up and make it 24 hrs.

Ruth- Welcome back!!

Oh, btw. I dont know about everyone else but the weekends are hardest for me because I work the most then. I sometimes start at 10am and dont get off til 9pm. Sometimes I try to bring good things to eat but I get so stressed up I end up eating something bad.
  • Melissa- I just got back from the gym and YAY! I made it 25 min on the eliptical and then I did some strength training. Actually after 10 min it seemed to get a little easier for while.
  • Question of the DAY
    Question of the DAY:

Please PM me your answer and I will post results later....

Consider this.....

You have just applied for a NEW weight loss reality show. You didn't make the cut, but a billionaire that lives in your town has decided to support your "cause"...LOL.... The conditions are this......for each week you are ON PLAN (this means what ever your plan is that you stick to it....calories/exercise and all....NO EXCUSES!) you get $1,000. For each week that you lose 3 or more pounds you get an additional $50,000. Once you meet your goal you get an additional $1,000,000. If you meet your goal before the 26 weeks is up....the billionaire will pay all taxes on the money gift given to you! The compition lasts 26 weeks (roughly 6 months).

The conditions are this
    #1. NO money is paid out until the end of the compition
    #2. At any point in the compitition if you GAIN weight the game is over and you forfeit ALL winnings.
    #3. If you exceed MORE than 2 weeks OFF PLAN the game is over and you forfeit ALL winnings.

My Question is this......

Would you participate in the compition? What would your plan be? How LONG would you last on this compitition and WHY....specifically WHY would you last that long...what would you do to ensure you lasted that long...What would your goal weight be?......
  • Quote: Melissa- I just got back from the gym and YAY! I made it 25 min on the eliptical and then I did some strength training. Actually after 10 min it seemed to get a little easier for while.
    YAYYY...See...I knew you could do it!
  • Looks like this is getting long. So I was out of town for the weekend, I mostly made healthy choices, although I ate out pretty much all weekend. I was above my calories all 3 days (goal 1750, actually ate 2000 on avg.). I'll just jump right in on all the contests and questions.

**Truthfully, I don't aim to eat poorly on the weekends, but weekdays for me are set into a schedule and I since I work most of the day I can really only eat what I pack. Weekends are either (like this weekend) mostly eating out because I'm out running errands/trips/motorcycle days or spent on the couch vegging out and grazing. I think as I learn this, I've slowly been changing my weekend habits and starting to plan better, and also changing my week eating so that I'm sort of calorie cycling (eating lower than goal calories during the week and higher on the weekends). It's slowly coming closer though, like this weekend, where I was only 250 cal over, I usually make that up over the week. **

2lb mini challenge:
    #1. My BMR is 1800, so I will eat 1400- 1600 calories.
    #2. Drink my 8 glasses of water daily.
    #3. 6 hours of cardio this week

I feel pretty comfortable sticking to these goals.
  • Ya you know during the week everything is mostly scheduled, but weekends are the killers, when friends and family want to go out and not always to restaurants with healthy options, I do try to make do. I am not blaming others because it is my choice but with my job it is lots of stress through the week so I look forward to getting with friends and family on the weekends.

Summer are always worst because of riding season. We try to ride as much as possible in the summer which means more eating out???? I do usually do alright in the summer though because you do work alot harder and are outside more, it is winter time that I need to get my rear in gear!!!!

Tessa do you ride your own motocycle? I can't wait for nicer weather around here to start riding that is one of my favorite passions

Today I stayed within my calories and also got my 30 min of exercise in. Oh and I did get 80 oz of water drank today as well.

Hope Monday went good for everyone else, it is very quite on here tonight
  • I tried to count calories but by the time it was dinner I was starving so I ate until I didn't want anymore. No measuring, no counting. I haven't been working out for a few weeks now but right now I just got in from running/walking my dogs. I'm surprised at how much I was actually able to run. I'm sweating now but it feels good. Maybe I'll go do a pilates and/or yoga workout... maybe this will be something that I try now, running. I haven't done it since HS & wasn't going to try since my knees are bad but they don't hurt right now... probably because I've lost 33 lbs and all that pressure isn't on them anymore!! I'll let you know how the rest of my workout goes.
  • Quote: Hi Ladies

I have been MIA for like 2 months. I don't know if you had sign ups for this challenge, but I did sign up for the G2009 and the Valentine's challenge. I probably can't officially join this challenge but would like to be involved anyway in the discussions at least because it helps me stay motivated.

I was doing so well until I got a stomach bug around Christmas time that lasted over a week. I think the virus or whatever it was caused a relapse of some health issues I have been dealing with off and on over the last two years. Unfortunately it caused a weight gain of about 15 pounds, UGH! I have been feeling mostly back to normal the last couple of weeks so I'm ready to get back on the wagon. I've never weighed so much in my life except for when I was pregnant with my first child. I get so depressed sometimes and I don't want to even leave the house because I'm so ashamed of the way I look.
    I'm hoping to lose more than the 2lbs this first week back. Since its TOM right now hopefully a couple lbs will come off on their own by the end of the week. I'm not going to cut calories too much at first for fear of another relapse so I'm going to try to stay around 1800 or so. Water is 64oz hopefully, and 30-45 min of exercise most days.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well today!
    Ruth - you can jump right in. Just give me a start weight (PM Please) and the weigh ins are due on Fridays.

WELCOME BACK!!!

Quote: Good Morning~I am testing my new high speed dsl. I think it is faster than I am!!!!!! It seems to be working just fine. I will catch up with everyone tonight. Iam taking my sister to her second installment of pre op for gastric bypass tonight. I have taken Noelle for 2 walks, the 3rd tonight will give me 30 min on program!!!! Later Pat
    Pat - I read your DSL Post and I just burst out laughing! I feel like EVERYTHING is faster them me right now!

AFM - I've been sticking to my goals that I set on Sunday. Yesterday my calories were at 1957, and I walked the mall w/ Hunter for 2 hours! I some how lost #.4 overnight. Not quite my plan - but I'm really hoping not to gain a lot this month. I'm STARVING right now... so i'm going ot have a snack before bed... right now my cals for today are 1500 - so i hav eplenty of wiggle room, I just didn't feel very good all day - so eating wasn't high on the priority list. I'll check back in the morning. &
  • OKay so I took those 10 minutes of running/walking and turned them into an hour with pilates, push ups, sit ups, and hand weights. My arms feel like JELLO now. But it's a good JELLO feeling I'm hoping this new work out will interest me again because I was SO bored with what I was doing. Hope everyone is feeling more on track with the time change!

See you all tomorrow & enjoy your Tuesday!!
  • Heather1979- I got my elliptical last year as a mother’s day/anniversary gift. I have been using off and on, more so lately. It was really hard at first, but I do love to feel the burn. I like to walk/jog/run, but I get shin splints and I don’t like the impact, so I LOVE the elliptical. The first time I did the 70 minute workout it was really hard… but I noticed that it got easier after a certain point, within the individual workout. A friend of mine told me that would happen. I didn’t believe her. She said to just push thru it. And by golly, she was right! Lol. Good for you on doing 25! I bet that is the same thing that happened for you. At first, I would just think… it will get easier any minute now… I like to watch TV while on it. I do much better when it is not Disney or my daughter doing her yoga.

McKenziesmomma- thanx for the words of encouragement. I hope I can do it! i think you are right about he heart rate monitor. i just wish it was the elliptical that was right... i have a polar f11 monitor btw

I did really well today. I counted calories as best as I could and I think I did well. I worked out for 70 min on elliptical, but I didn’t do any lifting. I need to tomorrow. I forgot to actually measure my water, but I did drink a lot.

My abdomen has been hurting really bad. Like a weird pressure. Kinda like at the end of pregnancy when you can feel it when you sit down etc. I did 150mg of clomid this month. Has anyone on here had this happen? I mean the pain, with or without clomid. I am kinda concerned it has been going on for like 3 or 4 days. I know this may be TMI, but it hurts more when I have to push even the tiniest bit to go to the bathroom (sorry, but it might be important info) I am thinking about calling the doctor tomorrow.

As for the weekend thing, mine usually follows my husband’s schedule. So when he is off on and 2 given days like, Tuesday and Wednesday (his weekend, as he calls it) that is usually my bad days because we got out to eat and I want to just spend time with him etc. and we do work to get caught up. I am really working on getting better about that.

I am very proud of Alex, she has been letting me workout without much drama (after I get started). She always wants me to play with her and she tells me to do it later, I explain that I can’t do everything later… once I start she manages to keep herself occupied happily for the most part. Yay!!!!

Well… I better get to bed earlier tonight! Hope you all have great day!
  • Vanessa - Make sure your eating every 2-3 hours to keep your hunger down with 1500 calories you should be able to eat pretty much whatever you want (of course you may have to make it at home and put in a few substitutions in your recipe) I also do 1500 calories per day.....I have 300 calories for breakfast, 100 calories for a snack, 400 calories for lunch, 200 calories for another snack, and 500 calories for supper. For breakfast I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal with toast or cereal and fruit or a homemade low cal bacon, egg, and cheese burrito, or a home made bacon, egg, and cheese muffin, or a homemade low cal BLT ...you get the idea....then 2 hours later I eat a snack.....usually some kind of fruit or a chocolate chip granola bar or something like that

Lunch is usually a lean cuisine frozen meal (spaghetti, chicken alfredo, pizza, tortilla crusted tilapia with rice ) and those are usually only 290 - 300 calories.....so I will also have a 100 calorie pack of cookies or cupcakes or something with them to satisfy my sweet tooth.....

for my second snack I may do a small salad with a low cal dressing or some fruit or some veggies with dip or a premeasured amount of chips or a turkey sandwich or something like that

for dinner I have a LONG list of recipes I have been collecting and also referbing some oldies to be healthier and lower in calories......I NEVER have all my calories for supper so that usually saves me room for a homemade low calorie strawberry shortcake or something.

hope this helps.....don't give up