Zumba?

• I have been trying to find a class to start going to around where I live to help me with exercise. I really want to do kickboxing but only place I can seem to find a class for that geared towards me is in a gym and I don't have the money to join a gym just to go to the class. A dance studio near me offers adult Zumba classes. I read up, and watch a few videos on Youtube of people doing it. Its like a latin type music aerobics dance class. Its really suppose to work you out. My issue is I can not dance at all and lets face it I'm still the fat girl. I do not want to be the girl in the back of the class that can't keep up and really make a bigger fool out of myself. I know I should really just put myself out there and eventually I will probably (hopefully) get the hang of it but I am still scared. Anyone else do this? I need advice.
  • I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!!! First of all............Believe me if I can do it..ok attempt it anyone can! I am SO uncooridinated and clumsy its not funny! The most IMPORTANT thing is to go and have fun and not worry much about following the 'steps'...just do the best you can! I go about 2-3 times a week and I'm in love with it.

Second of all..I know at my Zumba class there are ALL sizes...and some of the larger girls are awesome at it and all ages...from early twenties to seniors..seriously!

I highly recommend you go with an open mind and just aim to have fun...it really is so fun that it makes 'working out' a blast!

I totally understand where you're coming from...I felt the exact same way at the beginning.....afraid of what others would think.....how i'd 'look' etc and after a while talked myself into trying.

I say go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have nothing to lose and only something to gain!!!!