Week of May 26th-THANKS 2 THE MILITARY WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR US!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning all!
    Thought I would get us started this week. Back on program for me. I fell off and now I must return.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • Good Morning all...Well, I am getting a little stressed about things but excited...I am almost 11 weeks and the unmentionable was at 13w3d soo please pray for this tough next 2 weeks...Things are really different this time..for 1...I have a belly earlier and my butt is shifting outward..The biggest difference is...I HAVE REACHED A "C" CUP!!!!!I have never had boobies like this before...I have gained some energy now after being zapped, soo I am going to start going to the healthclub and doing some slow walking on the treadmill and arm weights...

BFB--Soo glad to see U back!!!I was thinking about U today..DH had to remind me last year at this time, we were cruising in that red double decker bus all over London!!!!

Pryia-Glad to see U back also!!!!

I didnt write anything down..soo congrats to the 2 lb loser and the below 160 person!!!!Forgive me, but I have pregnancy brain forgetfullness!!!!!

Have a great Holiday tomorrow and lets not forget why we are celebrating!!!!!
    Vicki
  • Vicki-

Relax Sweetheart. Things sounds so much better than before. You know how you felt last time, and this time things seem to be much better. Walking is great excerise when you are PG. That is what I did the whole time. I would get bored and go for a 3 or 4 mile walk. It makes labor and delivery easy too.

P
  • HI ALL!

Checking in to say hi - beautiful weekend here. Played golf. Planted tomatoes & flowers. Cooking out. What could be better??

Lyssa - Yeah on the 158!!!

Nanci - I guess you are gone now - I like your idea & will plan to keep you in mind while I am gone.

Lauren - thanks for the encouraging words!

Pryia - you can do it!

RR - I'm happy things are going so well for you.

Happy Memorial Day all.

Rabbit
    OP since 5/13/02
    352.407 miles
  • Hi to everyone I am glad to see that everyone seems to be doing great this weekend. I have not been doing so great. I was at about 1900 calories yesterday and the day before. Today will be the same thing. At least I have still been doing my walking each morning. I want to sleepin but my walking cloths keep calling me. I did 2 miles today and 2 1/2 yesterday. I wish I had more time but there seems to always be something I have to get back and do. Hope to have a better week! Daphne
  • hi!
    Hello girls,

most of you will still be asleep as I write this, it being about 7 hrs earlier (minimum) on your side.

I am glad to see that this thread will go on, I have trouble finding you all around the message board one by one (especially Pryia).

this is a great new week to do something good for ourselves:

Dabrat, you may have not been "perfect" with your diet, but 1900 is a normal calorie intake so you haven't done any harm either. think about it this way: if you can eat 1900, you can eat 1500, too, and this will make all the difference between losing weight and plateauing: you can do it!

Must have lost some weight because my clothes fit somewhat better than before, but cannot check this, as my scale is still broken and have to buy a new one.
    Am right on track with the gym again, though, and did a nice sunday walk in the park (wanted to jog, but my orthopedic says I must not run on uneven tracks), did 4 miles & was very proud of myself.
    As I live in a warm (ok comparatively warm) country, now's the time that I have to unpack all my summer clothes and flimsy thingies. they stil kinda fit, but not like they did last year...

Pryia, everybody falls off their programs now and again. Just get back on it!

Go, RR, go!

see ya all,

Vassiliki, Athens

My sister's arriving today from the Netherlands, though for a short vacation, so it's PARTYTIME!
  • Weekly thread!
    Would it help if I stuck each week to the top. Does that make it easier for the new people to find us.

Just let me know!
  • hello.

Happy Memorial Day.

It is nice here now although we are supposed to get rain this evening. Tomorrow a.m. I will be leaving until next weekend. Really hope to do well while I am gone - I have done well lately and sure don't want to blow it. Wish me luck!

Dab - Yeah for the walking!

Greek - hooray for the clothes fitting better. Have fun with your sister.

Pryia - I don't know if it will help people or not. I always look for the new post symbols.

Rabbit
    OP since 5/13/02 (wow! today makes 2 weeks!!)
  • Hello all, it has been a wild visit the parents weekend. I am so glad I actually have a few minutes to post. I still can't believe how much I weigh. I was begining to think I would never go below 160. Now I will press on to go below 150!!! I will do this, I will return to my pre-marriage weight.

Rabbit - Just in case you see this before you leave, remember that none of the not so good for you food tastes as good as skinny's gonna feel!!! Maybe that thought will help you stay on track while you are away!!! But, have fun anyway!!! Wow, playing golf, that is a sport I want to take up someday, that and tennis!!!

Pryia - Yes, that would be too cool if you stuck the new week to the top of the forum!!! How's that program coming? Are you staying on it? I know the answer is YES!!

GG (aka Greekgirl) - It is nice to see you again. Your flimsy thingies will fit you again, just behave yourself, and exercise, and it won't be long before they fit you well again.

Daphne - I agree with GG that 1900 calories won't help you loose weight, but it probably won't hurt you too much either. Just get back on your plan, and you'll never know you splurged at all.

RR - remember the relationship you had with the porcelin throne recently means that your little one is strong and healthy, and reacting to your own body chemistry. I am sending you faith that all will go well in the next 6 months!!! (and beyond!!!!) BTW, it was me who went below 160, and of course you are forgiven. I used to always say "Gain a child, loose a mind". I know that for a fact, four times over. So, I have no mind left at all, that is why I am such a nut!!!

DH is trying to go to the coffee shop, and if I want my order right, I better tell him what I want!!! So, I will chat with you gals later!!!
  • good morning!
    Hello everyone! still asleep , huh?

I had a wonderful time with my sister last night: we went for coffee on the town square very nice warm evening, lost of people around) and had lots of laughs. I have three sisters, but they all live in the Netherlands, so I don't get to see them much and have to make the most of it when I do.

Pryia, I think it would help a lot to do it that way. I'm only sorry that I cannot chat with everyone that easily because of the time difference (I don't have an internet connection at home, and y'all would just about be getting up when I leave work in the afternoon).

Lyssalou, I think I am going to do even better next week. Dear BF is going to Australia for two weeks so I don't have to look at a full fridge (torture, his mom sent over a whole shopping bag of home made cooking from Serbia two days ago), AND I'm going to buy a good scale (finally) when I get paid at the end of the week.
    as soon as I have the scale, I will post my exact weight so you can cheer or scold me.

Have fun rabbit! tell us how it was!

Have a wonderful day today!

Greekgirl AKA Vassiliki, From sunny & warm Athens
  • Hi everyone! I'm finally back to my normal schedule -- and back up to 161 this morning I'm hoping that's mostly because I had a nice dinner with DH last night and I'm feeling kind of bloated since AF will be here soon. I went to the store yesterday and stocked up on healthy foods so I can get back OP. I worked out with weights this morning for the first time in 2 wks so I know I'm gonna be hurting. I've done this before though so I knew to take it easy at first.

Lys, Congrats on making it into the 150's. Hopefully I'll be back there by the end of the week.

RR, I'm so happy everything is going well for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Woohoo on C-cup!!

Greekgirl, I love reading your posts. Greece is so beautiful!! Have fun with your sister.

Rabbit, have fun on your trip. It figures -- I come back and you leave again. Hopefully Bailey will keep me company on the food log forum.

Dabrat, don't worry about a couple of 1900 days. Just don't let it become a habit You are doing great -- especially with your walking.

Pryia, it doesn't matter to me where you put the posts. I don't have any problems finding them. Way to get back on the wagon. I'm having to do the same.

Bailey, are you still jogging?? After a two week hiatus I'm back at it again. I need you to come back and help keep me focused. I'm sorry your work situation isn't the greatest -- hopefully it will give you what you need to look for a new job. I'm so happy your doctor said you don't have the eye disease!!

Hi to everyone else -- I'm still playing catch up. You guys post a ton of messages in two weeks!!
  • Hi all - thought I'd check in real quick before I left this morning (I'm waiting for dh ).

Lyssa - Thanks for the encouraging words! I will think about that (hopefully!). ~ I like tennis also - dh & I do that & also biking.

Greek - I'll be working, but I'm sure I'll have fun too!

Liz - welcome back! Keep the food journal warm - I'll be back. One of these days it will be so easy to keep in touch even on the road, I'm sure.

have a great week all!

Rabbit
    OP since 5/13/02
  • I had forgotten a few foods yesterday and when I did thenm today I was at 2750 calories! OMG I was so shocked. I am back OP 110 % today. I have done my walk and plan on going to store and getting healthy veges again. I didn't drink my water this last few days and can tell that I am retaining it majoyly! OK I am great now! Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone!

RR I had to laugh at the c cup I am a d and would love to be a B cup! That is my dream here.

Lys congrats on the 150s I think that is great! I hope to be in there by Wintertime.

Greekgirl it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I am glad that you are getting to visit your sisters. DId they move or did you?

Rabbit why are you waiting for DH? I hope you have a grat happy sunny day!

OK gotta go for now will post later today! Daphne
  • Hi All,

Brat- I had to laugh at your D comment, because me and my DD's wouldn't mind being a C...but who knows what's gonna happen know that I'm PG!! Good for you getting back OP though!!

Liz- Good for you getting back OP and buying all those healthy foods! I bought a bunch of fruit this weekend and am starting to make smoothies for breakfast.

Does anyone know if you can add protein powder or something to a smoothie to make it more nutritious? Would it be something I'd get at GNC or something? Just the smoothie doesn't fill me up for more than a half hour, so I thought if i could do that, it would help??

Greek- Have fun with your sister!

Lyss- You're so positive, it's motivating to read your posts
  • Hello All,

This week has gone pretty well, we'll see what the evil scale god says tonight. If it's totally out of wack agian with how I feel I'm thinking I might just ask them not to let me know. I don't own a scale so I can't check mid week and if I didn't look then.... Anyway I feel good about the week since I met my personal goals of drinking water, drinking less alcohol, and writing everthing down. Unfortunately I wore new shoes to work w/o breaking them in and now have blisters on the backs of my feet so wearing shoes is painful (you would thing by 35 I'd know better), and walking is limited.

I made a really good blueberry/pecan cake to take to my BIL's on Sunday. It came from Cooking Light and was 5pts a piece, which isn't low, but definately better than the fudge/carmel thing my mom fed us last night (don't ask me why I ate it I don't even like chocolate cake! ).

RR - my sister keeps blaming the baby for her forgetfulness to. I think it's a conspiricy (sp?) by you PG people. I'll keep you in my thoughts this week, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Pyria - Congrats on getting back on the wagon, I think I'm going to join you in the 35 days OP goal.

LBH - I wasn't offended, I just found it interesting. Hope you're doing OK with the PG.

Lys - congrats on breaking the 150s .

Greek - Good luck getting back into those clothes.

Rabbit & Nanci - I know you're gone but hope you have good trips.

Liz - Welcome back.

BPB - Drop in whenever.

I'll drop in later and let you know the results of WI

- Tech