Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #1  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Default Workout Apparel and general workout questions

I was working out yesterday, and I need ideas.

Undies: Whenever I get on the treadmill and even sometimes during my resistance training time my underwear which are bikini turn into thongs sometimes front and back but mostly back. I wear an 18/20, but I have no butt to fill things out.

Boobs: When I get my first big girl job paycheck, or my tax refund I am going to invest in a shockabsorber bra. The bounceage just freakin hurts minus the fact that I think the guys are looking at my boobs bounce while I am on the treadmill. Also, the uni-boob look not so flattering really

Skin in general: About 3-4 inches below my bra and then around my love handle area my skin during my time on the treadmill feels like is breaking new stretch marks from the bounceage I guess. It hurts and itches and messes with my groove. As far I know or can see I am not leaving anything permanent but none the less its aggravating.

While I was at a dinner last night, I was asking one of my other bigger friends and she said she uses something like a full body spanx. While I like that idea, I didnt know like how "safe" that would be for the circulation, breath ability side of things.

Eating: I have been going pretty consistently 3-4 times a week to the gym. I workout in general around 70-90 minutes, 35-40 of which are treadmill cardio at 4.0mph and 5mph when I jog, the other part is some times weights but mostly resistance workout. When I workout I do eat more points those days like about 5-7 points worth of solid healthy food like maybe an extra serving of whatever ww dinner I make that night or fruit etc. However my weight loss has pretty much stalled over the past couple months, but I am losing inches. One I am frustrated with the scale part of it all, but I am confused to whether or not I am eating enough and my body is just trying to keep everything.

What do yall suggest? anyone else have these problems? What are yall using?
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #2  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Undies: Bikini's are a thong incident waiting to happen! i wear boy shorts by hanes or fruit of the loom or big ole hipsters or briefs. they might be unsexy but they dont ride if they are the right size. and i have a lot of junk to keep stable lol
Boobs: make sure what ever bra u get has at least 3 rows of hooks and try it on. it makes a ton of difference. i have two by champion that i really like and i heard queen latifah makes good ones too

Skin in general: make sure that you have moisturized the area before u workout if its dry its more likely to feel that way. i dont know about spanx during a workout i wouldnt be comfortable they are cool when necessary but i dont know about during a workout ugh. i used to wear biking shorts cause my thighs bothered me so maybe one of those nike fit tank top shirts would help things stay snug??? idk

Eating: you arent eating enough! jillian talks about this on her radio show all the time! you have to eat enough for the body to be able to work. when u dont eat enough you wont lose. she can explain it much better than i can.
i think it was 1-5-09 but she also talked about it 2-2, 2-6, 1-22 lol i listen weekly and i really think u need to up your calories. http://www.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html

hope this helps!

Last edited by bjeweled; 02-27-2009 at 02:20 PM.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

bjeweled - another Jillian listener here, and you're not ENTIRELY accurate on what she says. She says that only if you are CLOSE TO GOAL, you have to eat more or your body won't lose - last 15-20 lbs. If you're further than that from goal, she routinely would put you at a LOWER calorie level, because your body won't panic so much from lack of fuel as it has plenty of fat left to burn. Her people closer to goal are on higher calorie levels than those with a longer way to go, which is sort of counterintuitive, but I guess she gets results that way.

Since you didn't say what you're eating, only that you're eating in addition to your WW points, you might try playing around in there. Lots of people find they can't lose eating all of their flex points and all of their activity points...some can, some can't. It's an individual thing.

In terms of workout wear, I buy tight fitting exercise tops (tank tops) and throw a t-shirt over. The lycra in the tank keeps the extra skin I have from flopping around and hurting, and the t-shirt keeps me from looking at all like a stuffed sausage.

Last edited by mandalinn82; 02-27-2009 at 02:48 PM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #4  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

I agree with the eating. Its the hardest part of dieting. I was loosing like crazy and then I started counting all of my calories and then I restricted way too much. I waould exersice like 3 hours a day(I love the gym) and then eat just 1200 cal. Thats not enough for me. If you look at preventions web site they have a tool under weightloss that tells you how much you can eat to maintain where you are and then what you should cut back. So I quit counting but made healthier choices and low and behold the scale is moving again. Its tough though because you think you should eat so much but its really having your cal restricted too much.
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I dont know about workout clothes, I wear tshirt and basketball shorts..hahaha! But the skin, definitely moisturize before, you'll get super sweaty from it, but it will save you from feeling that way...I think anyway!

The Eating thing, I was just going to suggest: mymealcoach.com. Its a subscription base, but you can go to the weight loss calculator, and put in your stats, like age weight, and heighth,then the next step is entering an activity level, and it calculates how many calories you should be eating to lose 1 lb a week or 2 lbs a week!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #6  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Boobs - try Enell bras. They are about $50 from their website, but I ordered one from ebay for around $40. SO WORTH IT! I have ginormous boobs and this is the only bra that I've found that has keep the bouncing to a minimum, espeically when I run. It's awesome!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

I wear a "support" camisole under my tshirt when I go to the gym. It helps to minimize the bounce and jiggle, but it also has just enough constriction to remind me to keep my abs tight as I work out. I found that having just that pressure if I hunched my back or released my abs was enough of a reminder to get me back in line! I bought the Spanx knockoff brand that Target sells.
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #8  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Thanks for the advice!

Here is a typical meal plan for me for 1 day:

Breakfast:
1 cup of oatmeal, with light butter and brown sugar
1.5-2 servings of milk
Some type of fruit
Total points: 10 points

Lunch:
Turkey sandwhich w/ cheese
94% ff butter popcorn or progresso/cambells light soup
diet coke or water
Total points: 11 points

Dinner:
Sometimes the same as lunch or 2 ww meals that are around 11pts
This one really varies I try to keep dinner to around 10-13 pts

Snacks:
Slim a bear klondike crunch bars
ff yogurt
raw fruit and veggies

I get a total of 36 points a day without any activity points or the extra flex points. I use the ww slider thingy to see how many points I get for when I do workout.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/169/125

Height: 5'7

if you can't afford a good bra now wear the most supportive one you own with a tight sportsbra over top.

maybe a tight fitting tank under a t shirt for the skin?
photoRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

This may sound a bit odd but under my workout capris and knee length spandex bottoms I wear spanx, actaully I buy the cheap version called assets from target. If you haven't heard of them they are shapewear for under clothes and are similar to nylons. I buy them a size big so they are more comfortable for movement. They get rid of ALL dimples, jiggles and imperfections you could see without them. I feel much tighter when I workout and they absorbe sweat quite well. And don't knock it till you've tried it, right? Haha!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #11  
Workin' It

On the bra front - I just got a zip front 'maximum intensity support' sports bra from Champion - got it at Sports Authority for $27.99. I just had breast augmentation, actually, and really need a bra that holds down the bounce. The maximum intensity os made for sports like soccer, but I've been wearing it to run and the girls just aren't moving! When I get more money saved up I am also going to get an Ennel bra - I want one desperately...

On the undies - I have a pair of spandex/cotton blend exercise shorts that have a built in panty that I wear without underwear, wear a less form fitting pair of shorts on top of them.

I don't know about the Spanx... interesting idea though!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #12  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

The undies thing still isnt solved, but I got a spanx look a like tank top thingy at walmart yesterday and I love it. I got to try it out today and it worked really well. I tried it on last night for the first time and I couldnt even pull it over my head it was so tight so I had to step into it and pull it up that way. LOL. I am going to need to go back and invest in so more.

The only bad thing I can say about it thus far is it makes the boob bouncage hurt more. I dont really understand why but I know that will correct itself once I get a better bra.

P.s. I was so disappointed when I took it off at how much my fat flopped everywhere but it made the pooch right above my belly button pretty much non existent which is great. Oh and it was $15.00, eee!

Last edited by Bee20nine; 03-02-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

This is what I do to workout and I had a lot of excess skin and unfilled breast so everything flopped around but this is what worked.

* Gym shorts with built in underware and no other underware underneath.
* Sports bra
* Sports bra top
* Tank top or tee shirt.

This left my skin/fat compressed and me not feeling worried about what I looked like. Also I always buy matching sets, I want to work out more when I have cute outfits.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote