Advice? My ED is ruining my relationship.

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks so much for all of the amazing advice. I think most of all, it just helps to know that even though it's hard now, I (and hopefully the rest of us) will get through it. I wish all of you the best of luck!!!!
  • I've let my guard down and my boyfriend has seen me binge... he calls it "rampaging," haha, as in "Wow, someone's going on a rampage."

Having him (a normal, non bingey person) around all the time is actually really helpful because rather than do my normal nighttime binging, we cook dinner together and eat it and then relax and go to bed. I still rampage sometimes, but much less than before we lived together.

One thing we do that is kind of weird, admittedly, is he locks up his chocolate and candy in a lockbox. He can keep that stuff in the house and have a few pieces after dinner... while the same food will call me from the pantry and not stop until I eat ALL OF IT (because, hey, I can't have it around, right? Sigh...).

So yeah. I got him the lockbox (a metal one like the type that you'd keep money in at a garage sale) for Valentine's, decorated it with little heart stickers and a label saying "Sweets for my sweet," and filled it with his favorite junk. I know it sounds crazy, but since I can't get into the food I have no desire to rampage on it... it works for us, anyway. Good luck!