menstrual cycle changes?

• im not sure where exactly to post this, so i decided on here:

anyone notice changes in their period. i stopped taking birth control in july followed by one dose of Plan B that same month. since then i have not had a normal period. i experienced spotting mid cycle. shorter cycles and now longer cycles these last two months. i even took a pregnancy test last month, which resulted negative. and the next day, i got my period.

and now it's the 32nd day of this cycle. (read: 32 days since the start of my last period).

im just really confused and not sure whats going on. seeing a health care professional is not the best option i have right now, otherwise i would have done that first.

ive consulted my friend the internet numerous times, and came up with possibilities about stopping birth control, the plan b, and also changing my diet and exercise. all of those things pretty much happened all at once.

also, my diet includes mostly vegs, fruits, eggs, dairy, nuts, cereals like oats.
    i've read that vegetarians and vegans dont really get their periods... is this true??
  • OK ... from looking at what you are eating, I would suggest a MULTI-VITAMIN with MINERALS (check to see if it has IRON in it too); and a good VITAMIN B COMPLEX (say 50 or 100) at your local drug store. Liquid vitamins and PRE-NATAL vitamins may work even faster for you but they do cost a tad more. Try that first ...

And also, try to add some WHOLE GRAINS to your plan (oats is not enough) each day (at least 3 servings daily at minimum). Also try eating at least one apple and 1/2 cup sugarless applesauce or 1/2 cup PURE apple juice each day. Apples have great vitamin content that helps your system a lot.

PS ~ there is a Vegetarian & Vegan forum on this site as well. Are you sure you are getting enough protein in each day?
  • Quote: OK ... from looking at what you are eating, I would suggest a MULTI-VITAMIN with MINERALS (check to see if it has IRON in it too); and a good VITAMIN B COMPLEX (say 50 or 100) at your local drug store. Liquid vitamins and PRE-NATAL vitamins may work even faster for you but they do cost a tad more. Try that first ...

And also, try to add some WHOLE GRAINS to your plan (oats is not enough) each day (at least 3 servings daily at minimum). Also try eating at least one apple and 1/2 cup sugarless applesauce or 1/2 cup PURE apple juice each day. Apples have great vitamin content that helps your system a lot.

PS ~ there is a Vegetarian & Vegan forum on this site as well. Are you sure you are getting enough protein in each day?

thanks for the response. i do take a one-a-day, not very expensive one though. and sometimes i forget.

i try not to eat too much grains, kind of part of my plan. i've been trying to follow more of a cutting (low carb) plan.

and im prolly not getting enough protein either.