30 Something chat thur Feb 12th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Morning loosers (quote stolen from poppy lol). Hope everyone is well. I'm tired...didn't get to bed early enough. I was happy i forced myself to go to the gym last night. Even though it was a short workout...it felt GREAT. Hope everyone is well. Nothing exciting to report here..just sucking down my coffee. I think i need caffine via iv drip to get thr the day LOL.
  • nothing really to report here. Almost done with my stretch of nights, then the weekend off.

On my weigh in this week, I had a 5 pound weight lost. I know its all water, but yay for me!

Can't wait to hit the 10 pound mark!
  • how do you get the weight ticker to appear on the bottom of the posts????
    I've created a ticker twice now and it never appears.
  • I am up early this morning...couldn't sleep. And I am still a little too achy to work out so I am eating an orange and drinking tea. Feels good. Talk to me at 3, though, and I probably won't be feeling too hot.

We have next week off of work so I am looking forward to today and tomorrow going by quickly. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can make a ticker. I don't know how many though.
  • Morning ladies!!

Annie you have to have 20 days as a member and 20 posts I believe before you can add a signature. I am still waiting too....I am looking forward to adding one!

Well tonight is my first night back to work since December. I am on graduated hours so I only work 8hrs instead of 12. Not bad I guess although I could use the 12 pay...lol. Other than that I am just going to hang out today and not do to much.
  • Monring everyone! Another day closer to the weekend. I bought the 30 Day Shred DVD last night and can't wait for it to kick my butt when I try it once I get home this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day!
  • 'Morning ladies!
    About to do my workout before I get ready for work. Looking forward to the weekend already!
  • Just a quickie (tryin to get ready for work...ha!!) Anniedoll 5 lb in one week and you have "nothing really to report here." You should SERIOUSLY pat yourself on the back!! You ROCK girl!!

I, on the other hand, have only a 1 lb loss to report, BUT I'm only halfway thru my week...could a 2 pounder be in my future???? One can only hope....but my goal is 1 lb per week, so if this is all I lose, I'm totally GREAT with that!! I had gained a little back, so I'm back at what my ticker said...so it hasn't changed. Be glad when I can up it!!

Okay, gotta go get ready...have a GREAT on target, completely focused day everyone!!!
  • Good morning Ladies!!!

I'm on my coffee IV drip now. Didn't sleep good. My honey is in FL this week closing and deal and I just can't get comfy without him.

I'm going to take a look at 24 hr fitness tonight & finally make a decision on which gym I want to join. But first I am gonna take my stinky dogs for a walk.
  • Moring ladies! It's Thursday and that means only one day left of the week after today! I love the weekends! My BIL is coming down to visit us with his family. I love it when they visit. They are a lot of fun! I'm cleaning house and that's actually giving me a little workout. I've been moving more latelty and wow!! That really makes a difference instead of being lazy and sedentary.

I need motivation to get up and get on that treadmill though! So lazy about that and I know if I just walked 20-30 minutes a day I'd get in a routine and lose a lot of weight as I have done in the past! Any suggestions on how to get your lazy butt up and do it?

Have a great one ladies!
  • Baby Nurse- are you a NICU nurse? I'm the mama of 29 week preemies who are now 8.5 and perfectly healthy. I have a very big spot in my heart for those wonderful women who helped me be able to keep my babies by taking such good care of them in the hospital.

I will probably only lose a pound this week but I'm thrilled about it. Why? Because I was sick all weekend and not as careful about my food. I don't think I ate too much, just too wrong! Now, it was just a sinus thing and sore throat so I made myself exercise on all but my sickest day. I told myself I could just do a short/easy workout because it was just about maintaining the habit but I found that once I started I was able to do a regular workout.

I'm proud of THAT because the last time I made a big effort to lose I got sick and let it derail my efforts. Ironically, I had lost about the same amount of weight that I have to date now and weighed almost exactly what I currently do when it happened. I'm so proud that I didn't let the sickness derail my efforts THIS time! I'm still workin' it. One big obstacle from the past has just been overcome.
  • Hey all... finally have a day off. I spent last night setting up a support site of facebook for my friend's daughter. She is only 15 and was just diagnosed with a rare form of liver cancer. I put a post on here last night with a link to the site. The post has had 40 views and not one person has signed up. You don't have to donate anything to join, you just need a facebook account. So I'm a little disappointed in that.

If you want to show your support please go to:

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/2178...410?m=1a240be5

and join. If you don't have a facebook account what better reason to join today?!

I am heartbroken for my friend Joe and his family.

Have a good day all. I need to do some errands so I gotta run!!
  • Good morning everyone! I didn't get to post yesterday, my little one has pneumonia, an ear infection and was dehydrated...needless to say, I was busy playing "nurse!" (Seems to be doing much better today!)

I missed the Valentine's Day discussion yesterday, but we are going to take the boys to lacrosse practice, and probably eat in...not enough money for a big to-do! We are going out and getting a sitter on Friday, though. Our friend is having a surprise party for her husband, which should be a lot of fun!!

I have heard before, so many times, that when you start working out you may gain weight, because "muscle weighs more than fat." Is there any truth to this? I sound like a dummy, but I have been working out EVERY day this week, and eating the same amount, but my weight is creeping up....I swear I have not been cheating!!!
  • Okay, so I just did some online research, and I am a big dummy...a pound is a pound no matter what it is made of. The truth is that muscle is denser than fat, and fat is bigger in volume than muscle.
    So a person with more muscle will look leaner than a person with more fat.
    So, maybe, if I am losing fat, and gaining muscle, I may gain a *little* weight!

I get it now!!