whew! saved by 2% cheese

• We haven't have mac and cheese in forever, and my kids have been begging for it, so I told them I'd make it tonight. Unfortunately I didn't check the label first. 580 calories for 1/2 a cup?! Fortunately they had 2%. Still not great but at least it's half that. Crazy. Next time I'll check the label before I make a promise. I hope they enjoy it, because they won't see it on the table again for a loooong time.
  • mmmm i love some mac and cheese! i don't eat it anymore though. haha i bet it doesn't even taste as good as i remember!!

did you eat it?
  • i missed it too but then read about fiber gourmet on hungrygirl.com. it's kind of pricey, but every once in a while, it hits the spot. couldn't believe it - 170 calories a serving!!! (no, i don't work for them. )
  • I recently made a cheeseless mac n cheese and wrote about it in this thread:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163640

It is pretty good and its good for you.
  • Quote: mmmm i love some mac and cheese! i don't eat it anymore though. haha i bet it doesn't even taste as good as i remember!!

did you eat it?
    I ate a bite. Honestly, it was gross.
  • kuhljeanie & nelie-- thanks for the tips maybe I'll try them. or I might try to make my own low fat version.
  • lol!!! I had a bite last week (and logged my "jab" lol!) and thought it was disgusting. And I used to LOVE Annie's white shells and cheddar. No more.
  • I get mac and cheese cravings. Having Lean Cuisine mac and cheese (290 calories) occasionally satisfies it pretty well.
  • Oh....I would just love to get me a big spoon and just sit down in a giant pot of macaroni and cheese, and just sit and eat......and swim to the other side of the pot and eat some more. I can taste it....um.......yum.