6.4lbs lost this week! WOOT WOO!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just got in from my Weight Watcher's weigh in and I lost 6.4lbs! I am extremely happy AND relieved.

I started on Dec 1st and for 8 weeks in a row I have lost weight! Anywhere from 6 to 3 lbs a week!

Well on my 9th week I GAINED A POUND! I know a lousy pound is not much but it rattled me!

I take FULL responsibility! I slacked off! It's MY fault and no one else's!

I over ate at a Super Bowl party a little and I had to do some traveling so I ate at a truck stop and ate some snacks driving to keep me awake! And I only worked out 3 times that week instead of 7.

My friends and family and my WW buddy all said the same thing! Don't worry about it it's OK. Just get back on track that's what counts!

Well I said NO just getting back on track is NOT enough! I have to make up that week I should have lost 2 or 3 pounds and gained a pound!

So I made up my mind that I was going to eat SUPER clean and workout extra and lose 3 pounds for the week but I was going to lose an EXTRA 3 pounds to make up for the week I slacked off!

So I ate less than 1500 cals for one week and worked out TWO hours a day 3X's last week and guess what!

YEP you know already! I did it I lost the 6 pounds! I feel like I corrected the week before and redeemed myself! LOL!

NOW! I am back on track with a vengeance! LOL!

I got a reminder of how it doesn't take to many times to slip or cheat and the weight could start sneaking back on me!

It felt SO good to bump my ticker back a little bit!

I am 40 pounds down now! I am so stoked! I am really doing it! I KNOW I can do it now! I feel like I should pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming!

I am FIVE pounds away from going into the 200's from 345!

THAT MEANS IF I HIT IT HARD AGAIN I COULD conceivably be under 300 next Monday at my next WW weigh in!

I STILL have a 105lbs left to lose to reach my goal so I won't be celebrating just yet but I can't help but feel good about my small accomplishment I can only IMAGINE how good it must feel to actually hit your goal! It must be euphoric!!!

ahhh life is good!
  • Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment! So, is there a buzz word around here for getting the '3' off the scale? I know about Onederland but there simply must be a catch phrase for the '2's?

I am really proud of you. You are working SO HARD. 2 hours a day? That is some serious commitment. You CAN do this because you ARE doing it!
  • Bravo, well done you!
  • I can just sense your excitement! Hooray for you! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • Quote: I can just sense your excitement! Hooray for you! You should be so proud of yourself!
    I am not so proud as much as I am relieved in a way. I messed up! I slipped I didn't follow the plan as well as I wanted for that one week.

And it was surprising to me that when I told my support around me that everyone made excuses for me! LOL! I mean I know they did because they cared about me and wanted to encourage me.

It was like "go and sin no more!" And I'm like NO! I feel like I have righted my wrong in a way! LOL!

My friend's Mom who is my weight watcher buddy thinks I am nuts but I don't care I REDEEMED myself! LOL! I was so upset about that dumb pound that I didn't even post my thoughts on 3FC!

And doing cardio for 2 hours a day was not all that hard.

I normally go first thing in the morning to the YMCA and do an hour and they are open till 10pm so after my day is over I went at 9pm and ran another hour in the time I would have just been sitting around the house anyway!

Any ways THIS week I am back to my normal routine which is a hour a day on the elliptical and 1800 calories (or 42 WWpts.) a day!

Anyways all I can say is WHEWWWW! I'm glad I got all that out of my system and I am back on track. This I guess was my first BUMP in the road on my weight loss journey.

I know from reading on here that there will be many more BUMPS because I have a LONG way to go! I am thankful for this forum because armed with this knowledge I KNOW I can make it!
  • (NOTE: The message below is just my opinion...)

Wow....you are really harsh on yourself! You did not "sin"! You don't have to pay "penance"!

I'm glad you got the results you wanted, but I am afraid of what you will do on your next "bump in the road." Will you starve yourself further and punish yourself with hours in the gym?

I'm not saying to NOT do anything when you slip--I'm just saying don't start a cycle of self-abuse. I know what I'm talking about here.
  • Quote: (NOTE: The message below is just my opinion...)

Wow....you are really harsh on yourself! You did not "sin"! You don't have to pay "penance"!
    I probably used the wrong analogy!

I was using it as a figure of speech! And as a Christian I probably shouldn't have used the "go and sin no more" quote!

Maybe I worded it wrong! It's like if you wrong someone and all your friends tell you that it's OK just don't do it anymore. I feel like I went back and FIXED the wrong being that I feel like I lost the weight that I feel that I should have lost two weeks ago.

I know this is a little extreme thats why my WW buddy thinks I am nuts! But hey thats just me!

Trust me I am not harsh with me ... I LOVE me! LOL!
  • yay good for you , thats some motivation right there lol.
    Hugs RaeRae
  • I'll see your WOOT WOOT and raise you a YEE HAW!!! lol That is fabulous hun - great job!!!
  • congrats! and I love your avatar!
  • Quote: congrats! and I love your avatar!
    Thanks! I am a musician and I noticed a long time ago that cats for some strange reason ABSOLUTELY LOVE sitting in an open instrument case! LOL!

If you open your case and leave it open a cat will make a beeline straight for it and sit or lie in it! I have no idea why other than it must look inviting and cozy to them, but it has always cracked me up and I have been taking pictures of cats (and collecting them off the web) sitting in my case for a long time! I have a bunch saved!

In fact if I know there is a cat around I will leave the case open on purpose so the cat can sit in it!
  • Terrific! I know what you mean about redeeming yourself. I do it too. If I don't, I'll start gaining...I just know it. If I over do it one week, I'll work twice as hard the next. Isn't it that way with just about everything in life? (Laundry, work, school, paying bills etc.) You slack, and you make up for it....what ever works!

I'm real proud of you. The fans will be throwing their undies at you real soon!
  • Flatiron, I'm glad you understood what I meant. I've just seen so many people beat themselves up on this board and it just breaks my heart!