Plateau Breakers

• I am typically an impatient person when it comes to dieting results but that's why my diets always failed. I'd hit the plateau after I lost the initial water weight. Well, I stayed firm this time. I kept it up, regardless. I drank more water as was suggested by the water thread. I've been walking and doing more exercise. My plateau stayed for 3 1/2 weeks! Now I've broken it and it's two pounds less! Now I know I was doing it right all the time. I just want to inspire others on plateaus. What have other people done to break that wall?

((((HUGS)))) and never give up!!!!
    Carol
  • congrats!
    I am glad you hung in there and are losing again. I really have never had to deal with a plateau before. Maybe because I take it in steps. I lose say 20 pounds, try to maintain it and then get ready to lose more. From what I have read in various books though a plateau is really you giving your body the exact amount of calories to maintain your current weight. It is adjusting itself to that amt of calories. They always recommend lifting weights to build more muscle which in turn makes your body burn more calories all day (feeding that active muscle tissue). Best wishes for your continued sucess!

lorelei