Oh Fairest February! Alternachicks Exercise Thread

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Did Cardio and a Jane Fonda Tape! I want to punch jane in the face, I am a little sore!

Personal- 300/2000

Group Total- 4216+60=4270
  • I have similar violent thoughts about the 2 OH SO CHEERFUL ladies that do "Yoga Booty Ballet" or whatever that is I just stumbled through. They must be animatronics or something. Nobody is THAT cheerful about exercising.

75 + 30 / 105 PERSONAL

GROUP TOTAL 4300
  • I Did 15 min. treadmill for warmup, then a 60 minute bootcamp class. It kicked my butt but it feels skinnier! lol.

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 340/1500
    Group: 4375/6000

Tomorrow is Power Pump Class! I'm excited!

Keep up the good work ladies!

:] Nelli
  • I want to do at least a 1000 minutes this month.

Yesterday I did:

20 min of sit-ups = 200 sit-ups
    15 min of walking = almost a full mile
    30 min of lifting to rearrange the house

Today I did:

10 min of sit-ups = 100 sit-ups

Equaling 75 total minutes so far...

To be continued...

• 45 cardio
    250/1200

Group Total: 4261
  • finished some cardio, that sucks because thats all I could do today!

Personal- 330/2000

Group- 4261+30=4291
  • im fixing the group total because it got off. so this is the correct total. i went and readded eveyones minutes.

today i did 40 min cardio then a 60 min. power pump class.

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 440/1500
    Group:4525/6000

• I think I've lost another pound since yesterday! I worked out and ate the right things so I didn't have a lot of calories involved. I ate A LOT for around 1050 calories.

I had:

1 cup cheerios
    .5 cup milk
    1 nonfat yogurt
    1 kiwi
    1 turkey sandwich that included -
    2 slices sourdough bread
    3 ounces lettuce
    .5 tablespoon low-calorie mayonnaise
    2 tomato slices
    4 slices turkey deli meat
    (total of 350 calories just from sandwich!)
    1 turkey hot dog
    1 bun
    .5 tablespoon catchup
    1 cup grapes
    1 pickle
    1 hundred calorie chocolate ice cream bar

Just for 1050 calories!!

I've been doing sit-ups, but I may stop doing regular on the floor sit-ups for awhile because yesterday I could barely move. I'll try another type of ab work today though. I'll figure out some non-hurtful things to do.
  • Excellent ladies keep working!

Personal-375/2000

Group-4525+45=4570

• 10 minutes on arms
    260/1200

Group Total: 4580
  • Finished another Jane Fonda routine! Better today then last time but me and jane aren't friends yet.

Personal- 405/2000

Group- 4610 Almost to 5000 Great job.
  • Way to go exercisers!

I am up to 15 minutes on the bike twice a day. some stretches and a few yoga poses. At the moment that is all I am allowed to do until further notice from my doctor.
  • today was my well deserved day off from the gym, but i raked my front lawn free of twigs for about 45 min. so that still counts. good ab workout!

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 485/1500
    Group: 4655/6000

keep it up guys!

• Quote:
    I've been doing sit-ups, but I may stop doing regular on the floor sit-ups for awhile because yesterday I could barely move. I'll try another type of ab work today though. I'll figure out some non-hurtful things to do.

i have some good ab workouts that are intense but non-hurtful for your back.

-get in position to do a crunch, but let your knees fall apart to the sides. (looks awkward, but just go with it lol)
    -keep one hand behind your head, and do a crunch, reaching with the other hand towards your feet X20
    -Without stopping, stay in the same position but reach with your free hand toward the ceiling for 20 reps.
    -Still not stopping, move your free arm up by your head so it's touching your ear. Go for 20 more reps.
    -Switch arms and do it again on the other side!

It sounds kind of complicate but it works amazingly!

Another of my faves:

-bring both knees bent 90 degrees up off the ground.
    -keeping your knees together, let them fall to one side.
    -do crunches in this position, as many as you want.
    -switch sides.

this really works the obliques, and you can really feel your muscles working.

hope these may help you out a little bit! keep up the good work!

• OK I put in 25 yesterday and 25 today on the dreaded exercise bike! So I can add 50 more minutes:

Personal: 125

Group: 4266