~~February Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 3 of 12
Go to
  • Good Morning Gals!
    I posted a Citrus Cheesecake on our recipe site, I haven't made it yet. I posted it in the original recipe but it can be tweaked with Splenda Brown sugar, all egg whites, skim milk, etc. One of the reviews said she squeezed the whole lemon and added that too. I will probably eliminate the graham cracker crust. If anyone makes this, let me know how it turns out.
    We have shopping to do today and I better get my housework finished. Did anyone see the biggest loser last night. I'd like to choke Joelle and Aubrey.
  • Quote: Good Morning Gals!
    I posted a Citrus Cheesecake on our recipe site, I haven't made it yet. I posted it in the original recipe but it can be tweaked with Splenda Brown sugar, all egg whites, skim milk, etc. One of the reviews said she squeezed the whole lemon and added that too. I will probably eliminate the graham cracker crust. If anyone makes this, let me know how it turns out.
    We have shopping to do today and I better get my housework finished. Did anyone see the biggest loser last night. I'd like to choke Joelle and Aubrey.
    Which one is Aubrey? Yes - Joelle needed to go!
  • Evening all.....Boy is everyone hunkerin down here. Hard freeze tonight. My yard looks like Halloween with the citrus trees wrapped in sheets. Picked the last of the myers lemons so just some flowering plants to get hit. I still have the Mexican heather that I planted 9 years ago. In Md that was an annual. Guess I will be planting it again.

I recaulked all around the tub and bathroom sink. Took me 2 days. First day to get all the old stuff out and today put in the new caulk. It comes in a can like whipped cream now with a long tube so was easy to get over the faucets. Fired my cleaning girl and now facing the dread vaccum. I hate to vaccum and iron. Guess all those years of ironing white uniforms has done me in. Looked a Roombas and read the reviews. Seems that Roomba has a thing for queen anne legged chairs and trys to doggy them. sighhhh Since I have 4 queen anne chairs guess Rommba would just go crazy. Can't win.

I laughed out loud over all the sweetbread stories. Sorry Bobbi but it did surprise me. Thank you for the happy giggle!

Aubrey??? was she the yellow team whiner? Or the pink team girl? Terrible with names! The man that had the GI surgery with the young son. I couldn't believe he could keep going over that pipe. That young man is about the same age as the kid they sent home last week and this kid wants to be there so bad. He is good to his dad too.....ahhhh how did I get hooked on this show, too. When been counting the days until Survivor and realized I'll be away at Sarasota tournament when first show airs...darn!

OMG....just told DH about Roomba and chairs and he suggested saving tin cans and putting the chair legs in the cans.

MMMMMM...off to check pantry for tin cans....Karen3
  • Aubrey and Mandi were the two dark haired sisters in the yellow T-Shirts. Mandi stayed at the ranch and Aubrey went home. She's a mom of 4 kids and was suppose to be dieting and going to the gym everyday. When she arrived at the ranch and weighed in, she had only lost 2 pounds for the whole month. When asked about it she said she spent 4 hours a day at the gym. BOLONEY! If we spent every day at the gym for 4 hours a day, we'd lose lots of weight. She must have eaten everything under the sun. What ticked me off is how she criticized Joelle for not losing anything, she is a hypocrite.
  • Quote: Aubrey and Mandi were the two dark haired sisters in the yellow T-Shirts. Mandi stayed at the ranch and Aubrey went home. She's a mom of 4 kids and was suppose to be dieting and going to the gym everyday. When she arrived at the ranch and weighed in, she had only lost 2 pounds for the whole month. When asked about it she said she spent 4 hours a day at the gym. BOLONEY! If we spent every day at the gym for 4 hours a day, we'd lose lots of weight. She must have eaten everything under the sun. What ticked me off is how she criticized Joelle for not losing anything, she is a hypocrite.

Aha! Yes, I was actually surprised that Joelle didn't come back at her. I think Joelle had lost about 30 or 40 lbs during the same time period that she lost 2 lbs.
  • Good Morning Everyone,

I'm going to brave the cold today and go down to meet my friend in South Jersey for scrapbooking.

Check back later,

Lynn
  • I agree with Bobbi and Isabella. Anybody who looks at me KNOWS that sweetbreads are sugary, fatty, yummy breads! LOL
  • Good Morning . . .

Anybody need some snow? I'd be willing to sell some really really cheaply. I don't think it's ever going to stop.
  • Hello all

Quote: Good Morning . . .

Anybody need some snow? I'd be willing to sell some really really cheaply. I don't think it's ever going to stop.
    Meowee ~ every time I talk to my parents in Ohio, Dad is offering to ship me some of their snow

Hope you all are having a good day.

Take care
  • Hello everyone. School was called off this morning on reports that the storm would start sometime this morning. It's 11 am and there's not a flake of snow falling yet. Schools are closing out on the Avalon (400k east of where I live) for the afternoon because the storm has started there. We've got a blizzard warning for here but as I said not a speck of snow yet. It rained all day Tuesday and yesterday there was slush up to your knees in places and then it froze. My driveway is like a very bumpy skating rink.

I'm having issues with the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday. I was making them to make sure they turned out OK for the wedding. DS and his finance are putting little chocolate chip cookies in fancy bags for their wedding favors. They turned out very good. I tested them at least 5 times yesterday and twice today...sigh...I haven't gone over my calories but I've sure cut down the amount of food I could have eaten. Must drink more water.

Bobbi that cheese cake recipe looks delicious but we can't get fat free cream cheese where I live. We can get the fat reduced. My friend's daughter had key lime cheese cake for her wedding cake a few years ago and my was that good. That' what that one you posted reminded me of.

Must go get dinner ready. Catch you later.
  • Good Morning!
    Meowee and Isabella, just think of all the wonderful exercise you'll be getting plus all that fresh air. I love shoveling snow!
    I'm taking a poll on Vitamin D and Ginkgo Biloba. How many of you take Vitamin D and Ginkgo? I take a Caltrate 600+D plus every morning and a Ginkgo Biloba too. My mom died from Alzheimers and I try to take supplements to ward it off. Whether it's going to help me, I don't know. Only time will tell plus I'm hoping they'll find a cure for it soon.

Quote:
    Vitamin D for Mental Sharpness
    If you want to keep your wits about you as you get older, make sure that you’re getting enough vitamin D now. Lower blood levels of vitamin D may increase the chance of mental slippage among seniors, according to a study from a research team at England’s Cambridge University. The investigators checked vitamin D levels and cognitive impairment among 1,766 persons 65 and older. They found that 212 patients (12 percent of the total) were cognitively impaired and that those who had the highest levels of vitamin D were least likely to have cognitive impairment. Participants whose vitamin D levels were lowest were more than twice as likely to have cognitive impairment. The researchers weren’t sure exactly how vitamin D protects the brain but noted growing evidence “for previously unsuspected roles for vitamin D in brain development and neuroprotection.” We don’t know yet whether vitamin D supplements can help seniors avoid cognitive impairment, but the researchers noted that the skin’s ability to synthesize vitamin D in response to sun exposure diminishes with age. The study was published online December 10, 2008 in the Journal of Geriatric Psychology and Neurology
  • Quote: I'm having issues with the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday. I was making them to make sure they turned out OK for the wedding. DS and his finance are putting little chocolate chip cookies in fancy bags for their wedding favors. They turned out very good. I tested them at least 5 times yesterday and twice today...sigh...I haven't gone over my calories but I've sure cut down the amount of food I could have eaten. Must drink more water.
    Throw out those cookies, give them away, or, at least, freeze them. No one can be expected to stay away from homemade chocolate chip cookies!

Lynn
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone,

I'm going to brave the cold today and go down to meet my friend in South Jersey for scrapbooking.

Check back later,

Lynn

Ooops - my friend isn't feeling good so no scrapbooking today. Planning to meet my North Jersey friend for lunch and a movie.

Lynn
  • Lynn, I'd be literally thrown out if I throw out the cookies, ha, ha. DS, DH and mom have been chowing down on them and there's not many left now. I think I've finished with them.

I take a 1000 IU Vitamin D tablet every day plus I get another 200 in the multi-vitamin. I also take a 650 mg Calcium with another 200 IU of Vitamin D. Canadians are notoriously lacking in Vitamin D. Even in the summer most of us don't get enough. DH and I started taking it last year and he says he's not as sluggish in the winter as he used to be.

I don't shovel. At least it's not one of those usual activities I do. Someone has to be inside with mom so DH and DS have the shoveling duty. Every now and then I help out if someone else is in the house.

It's still not snowing here. Maybe the storm will go around us. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
  • The snow has come!!! And it's thick, big and fluffy. One minute nothing and the next we're in the middle of a storm.