What do Boca burgers taste like?

• I was wondering how Boca burger taste, or for that matter any of the meatless burgers? I have passed them up in the grocery but now Im thinking I would like to try some.
  • Most people either love them or hate them. Boca and Gardenburger are less"meatlike" than the Morningstar Farms brand. Personally, I love them grilled on my George Foreman grill!
  • I haven't had one of these in years, but I used to eat them and I can't remember specifics, but I thought they were pretty darn tasty! You should give them a try.
  • My favorite are the mushroom varieties. I don't consider any of them very meat-like, but many are good in their own right. I love Morningstar Farm's imitation chicken products much more than their burger's.
  • Boca burgers, in my opinion, are an acquired taste. I personally recommend
    Gardenburger Veggie Medley
    Gardenburger Black bean Chipotle
    Gardenburger California Burger
    Gardenburger Chik'n Grill patties
    Boca Spicy Chik'n patties
    Health is Wealth Chicken-Free Patties
    Health is Wealth Chicken-Free Buffalo Wings

If you want to try regular Boca burgers, I highly recommend dressing it up with some mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.
  • Theyre pretty good,Ive had them with light wheat buns,lettuce,2% cheese slice or laughing cow wedge,tom and onion
  • My favorite boca burger is the black bean burger.
  • I second the Boca spicy chik'n patties. To me, they are just like real chicken patties. I'm not really a fan of Boca burgers. They taste like smoke flavor patties. I do like Gardenburgers though. When I was in college and a vegetarian I ate the black burgers on the daily since it was one of the only healthy vegetarian choices in the dining center. Oh, and the Morningstar Farms buffalo wings are really good.
  • i eat boca because they are vegan. i like gardenburger better, but they are not vegan so i have come to avoid them. i like the grilled or baked a lot better than microwaved. sometimes i just eat them alone with ketchup.
  • Kitten,

All the burgers I listed are vegan. Some gardenburger burgers are vegan, not all.
  • Thanks for all the info, I think I will pick up a couple of different brands this weekend to try them out.
  • I really like Garden-burgers. All of them I've tried so far. Unfortunately I bought a Costco sized box of Boca that I couldn't eat! Ick. I also like Morningstar Farm's sausage patties.
  • I can't taste a difference between a regular burger and a meatless one haha. I loved them when I got them. But I have no problem eating real meat, so that's why I haven't really gotten them since. Are they healthier? Maybe I should get them more.
  • Yes I LOVE the spicy chicken patties
  • I like them. I also prefer MorningStar. They great on the Foreman grill and handy too. I definitely wouldn't try them in the microwave though.