Phase 1 dessert?

• S'mores Lava Cakes ( I got this from Rachel Ray and tweaked it to make it low carb)

1 stick light blue bonnet margarine
    1/4 cup splenda
    4 oz bittersweet chocolate ( I used Sorbee SF dark chocolate bar chopped up)
    2 Large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks

Preheat oven to 425 Grease 3 Ramekins (with some light margarine) then sprinkle with splenda. Place on baking sheet. Microwave the margarine and chocolate on medium power in microwave for 2 minutes then stir until smooth.

In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and splenda until foamy. Whisk in the chocolate mixture. Then fill the cups about 2/3 full with the batter. Bake until the edges are puffy 13-15 min.

Carefully invert cakes onto plates and drizzle with syrup or cool whip. I used Walden Farms Marshmellow whip zero carbs and drizzled that on there.

Enjoy!
  • From the Phase I food list
    Quote:
    SWEET TREATS (Limit to 75-100 calories per day)
    Chocolate powder, no-added-sugar
    Chocolate syrup sugar free
    Cocoa powder, baking type
    Better check the calories in the chocolate. A half bar of that chocolate is 180 calories and I see Maltitol and Chocolate Liquor, Malitol can give you digestive problems if too much is eaten and it IS the first ingredient. 35% of the fat is saturated as well so this is probably not for Phase I.
    Perhaps you can mess around with the recipe some more and try SF cocoa powder or SF chocolate syrup.
  • I really want to try this but margarine freaks me out lol.
  • I made this and had no digestive problems my SF chocolate bar does have malitol but is sweetened with Splenda. I did use SF syrup. I also had no weight gain I still lost a lb for this week so I do think this is ok...It makes 3-4 cakes so if you divide it and only eat ONE I think you are ok...
  • Quote: I made this and had no digestive problems my SF chocolate bar does have malitol but is sweetened with Splenda. I did use SF syrup. I also had no weight gain I still lost a lb for this week so I do think this is ok...It makes 3-4 cakes so if you divide it and only eat ONE I think you are ok...
    No offense to you, personally, but I just want to make sure that people who come here looking for Phase I compliant foods know that the bittersweet chocolate is NOT allowed on Phase I. Look at the food lists...it's listed on Phase II as something you can have sparingly.

And yes, I realize the post is from 2009, LOL