Have you ever tried...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Arnold's whole wheat sandwhich thins?

they are like a cross between a hamburger bun and a multi grain english muffin. Only 100 cals, thin and crispy if you toast them. They are so good and 6 grams of fiber.

wheee!

I guess Arnold's makes a bunch of whole wheat stuff? I"d like to find more, any suggestions?
  • I haven't but it is it 100 calories/slice or 100 calories for 2 slices? I generally buy bread that has between 50-70 calories per slice.
  • 50-70 sounds good. My favourite kind has 83 - organic country seeds & rye.
  • My current favorite is the 365 brand whole wheat bread from whole foods. The Baker is another favorite of mine, they have a whole grain whole wheat bread as well as a whole grain sourdough bread.
  • it's 100 cals for a top and bottom of bun (100 cals for both, not for each). they are very thin but so good!
  • Oh thanks for the tip! I have been using wraps most of the time lately because bread is just too much. I am definitely going to give them a try.
  • I saw them last week and was tempted, but I'm trying to minimize carbs so I didn't let myself buy them. They looked really good, though!
  • I also like wheat pitas for sandwiches. 130 calories each isn't too bad.
  • I like those sandwich thins. Arnolds also makes whole wheat bread, hamburger rolls, and hotdog buns.
  • I bought them today for my sloppy joes!
  • They are so so so good. Love them just toasted with soup, and they make fantastic pannini's (if that is spelled right).

Angie
  • I discovered these a few weeks ago. They are great!!! I even talked on them previously on this board. I had one today with some pulled pork meat. I measured out the meat. 1/4 cup is 80 calories and 2 grams of fat so I had 1/4 which is actually a lot and put it on one of these buns with a cup of french cut green beans and an apple. That was hours ago and I am still very full. I have my fiber from the apple (5 grams) and the bun which is also 5 grams. So that is ten grams of fiber and I have already had 20 grams earlier!
  • sloppy joe! I bought some sloppy joe seasoning mix today to make a 'sloppy joe' out of black beans.

I"m kind of replacing most ground meat dishes with black beans. It's turning out well.
  • We've been using soy crumbles in place of ground beef for chili. Tastes yummy.
  • Quote: We've been using soy crumbles in place of ground beef for chili. Tastes yummy.
    I used to do that. I liked it. but alas, the soy texture gets to me now.

but that's okee, cuz I LOVE black beans and lots of fiber.