Enchilada Bake

• Hi!!! I just made Enchilada bake for my family, and everybody loved it. I got it from a friend who's a vegetarian and I LOVE MEAT.. but it's good even without meat. I feel like this recipe needs to be shared and I couldn't find the recipe forum. If anyone wants the recips just post and I'll be glad to post it. It. is. amazing. !!!
  • I'm game
    Sounds good to me. Can you post the recipe?
  • id like the recipe too!
  • I would sure like it as I love flavorful food but am not much on meat. Please send! Thanks a mill!
  • Sure! Here it is!

-Oil for sauteing
    -1 Onion, chopped
    -1 clove garlic, minced (I used two)
    -1 green bell pepper, chopped
    -1 small can corn (I used frozen corn)
    -1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans (I added black beans and/or chick peas too)
    -1 1/2 cups stewed tomatoes
    -1 tablespoon chili powder
    -1 teaspoon ground cumin
    -1/2 cup red wine (you get to drink it while you cook!)
    -Pinch of salt to taste
    -tortillas (amount depends on how much you're making)
    -1 cup monterrey jack cheese, grated
    -1/2 to 1 cup combined ricotta cheese and plain yogurt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in a large skillet and saute onion, garlic, green pepper, and corn. Add beans, tomatoes, spices, wine, and salt and simmer 30 minutes. Put a layer of tortillas in and oiled casserole. Top with a layer of sauce, layer of ricotta/yogurt mixture, layer of monterrey jack. Repeat layers until casserole is full, ending with a layer of monterrey jack. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

For extra kick, we add chopped up jalapenos after, or if your whole family likes spicy, bake the jalapenos right into the enchilada bake. HOPE YOU LOVE IT!!! and pass it on if you do!
  • Thanks!
  • This looks really tasty. Thank you. I am going to try it with 1/2 of the cheeses it requires. I bet it will still be great.
  • Thanks
    Thanks, Loraloo,

I especially like the addition of jalapenos to the whole dish.
  • Quote: This looks really tasty. Thank you. I am going to try it with 1/2 of the cheeses it requires. I bet it will still be great.
    Yeah, next time I make it, it would even be good without the ricotta and yogurt. I used like ricotta and light monterry jack.