Need help-losing TOO slowly...I'll explain

• I know that fast weight loss isn't the ideal thing to do....But I see where alot of people here have lost weight really fast!

I'm just using "The Daily Plate" on the internet--its great if anyone wants to look at it. It figures all my calories, fat, carbs, sodium, protein, etc. for every single thing I put in my mouth. It has helped me stay focused on what I'm doing. However, I'm not losing weight very fast at all. I am trying to stay at about 1600 calories a day. I don't like veggies, I eat some fruit. I mostly like carbs and dairy, which I know is not a good combination.

Since the end of August I've lost 24 pounds, and I have been at a plateau of 277 for weeks.
    The main reason I want to lose weight at least a little faster is that I'm going to have a total knee replacement in the next couple of months and I would like to lose as much as I can to help in the recovery......
    Any suggestions?
  • By the way........
    I am unable to do hardly any exercise because of my knee. I have been doing upper body strength building exercises to help out after surgery. Also isometric exercises with my legs.
  • Need some more info to give a more specific opinion - how tall are you? how old are you? what exactly are you eating?

Sometimes weight comes off fast at first and then slows down once your body adjusts for the change. 1600 may be a little low for your weight so you might be holding onto calories instead of burning.

You are right - no veggies, some fruit, lots of carbs and dairy isn't always a good recipe for weight loss. Fruit has a lot of sugar, dairy often is high in fat, carbs in excess can cause weight loss stall in a lot of people. Are you getting enough protein? What do your fat/protein/carb percentages look like on TDP.

ETA: how many weeks have you been at 277?
  • You are going to have to change what you eat if you want to eat faster. Post a day's menu so we can help you.
  • Quote: change what you eat if you want to eat faster.
    freudian slip?
  • Well, the nice thing is that usually when you go into the hospital for surgery or anything else, you lose weight. The food is bad and you hurt and you just don't feel like eating.
  • 24 pounds in 4 months is pretty good. Up your protein, reduce your carbs a bit and see where that takes you.
  • I'm with quilter on this one. We hit plateaus because our bodies adjust to what we're doing. So, change! Eat more! Vary you calories on different days! Maybe try doing 1600 one day, 1800 the next, and then 2000 the next! The worst thing that can happen is that you maintain, which means your no worse off than you are now.