TBL Season 7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

You're on Page 5 of 37
Go to
  • You have to remember that the show was filled way in advance of last night premier. The girl arrested, Shannon Thomas, is quite a bit smaller in the image in the news article.
  • Grrrrrr, I was so mad with the "twist." It's really cruel in my opinion to be like "OK, all of you get to come here and you get the chance to change your life and win some money as an extra bonus. Oh wait, we were just kidding, only half of you get to change your life." For a lot of these people this is like their last hope, they don't think they'll ever be able to lose this weight and instead of helping them they kick them off! There better be some other twist!
  • Quote: Grrrrrr, I was so mad with the "twist." It's really cruel in my opinion to be like "OK, all of you get to come here and you get the chance to change your life and win some money as an extra bonus. Oh wait, we were just kidding, only half of you get to change your life." For a lot of these people this is like their last hope, they don't think they'll ever be able to lose this weight and instead of helping them they kick them off! There better be some other twist!
    I know! And it was uber harsh after seeing their reaction when they pulled up to the Ranch in the bus. They were all so excited!
    But I guess it's a good way to show viewers that you don't need to be at the Ranch to lose all that weight.
  • I was disgusted with the twist too. How unbelievably cruel. But at the same time I KNEW there would be another twist so I kept watching.
  • Well, no huge surprise, but the mug shot article reads at the end that the show's episode 7, where (insert 2 names) were sent home from, premiered last nite.

So we can take them off our list. I doubt it's finished to finals yet so that means they went home early I guess.
  • 1) I have no favorites yet, although I do have special fondness for watching Pink and Purple as they both have Mom's who are in their 40's.
    2) Sending so many people at home all at once stinks!
    3) I like all of the drama. But, I'm the gal that loves Survivor and Big Brother, too.
  • I agree that the "twist" completely sucks. But at the same time the show evolves. And the show is also teaching America something. You dont need to wait for Bob and Jillian to come and rescue you. All you need is that jump start, that little bit of fire under you to get started.

I dont have a favorite that I am 100% rooting for yet. I do like Tara, but with competitiveness also comes game play. But i was impressed with her sprinting with the exercise band and jillian around her.

I am impartial about silver, but cant wait for the Bob and Joelle showdown (I think that is what the previews are about)

Yellow was sooooo close to immunity. I was jumping up and down hoping they would pull through after the black team taunting them
  • I love the old couple, the old man is so funny. And he isn't even old, he's only 60 but looks like he is 75!

Hate the Laura, she is another Heba, all mouth.
  • I like orange. Despite their youth, there's a certain maturity in their friendship that is sweet...and how David was totally willing to go home so Daniel could stay. I'm sensing very much a big brother/little brother vibe there.
  • I'm looking forward to next week, but since I'm not really "attached" to anyone, I hope that changes on Tuesday.
  • I'm with you, Shannon....I don't have a particular favorite, mainly because they all have compelling stories to me.

BTW, a little spoiler I picked up from the MySpace page for the show: The at-home players will be shown every week as well as the campus contestants. This made me happy!
  • Quote:
    BTW, a little spoiler I picked up from the MySpace page for the show: The at-home players will be shown every week as well as the campus contestants. This made me happy!

Oooo...I like that too.
  • I thought most of the partners who got sent home had really good attitudes about it ... which makes me think that probably they have hardcore personal trainers, nutritionists, etc, waiting for them and they won't return to their jobs. I think I probably wouldn't mind that so much either - no crazy drama among very tired, hungry people, sleeping in your own bed, but still getting your butt kicked day and night by hired help.

There wasn't any team that I didn't like from the start - the green team was kind of whiny and entitled (at least, Laura was), and the silver team did seem to have a rift about who deserved to stay, but just about everyone seemed enthusiastic and nice. Also, more than in previous seasons, doesn't it look like they chose people who are really attractive?? Not everyone is a knock-out, but I think this is definitely the best-looking cast I've seen starting off.
  • I was also unhappy about the twist. It was nasty and cruel to bring them all there, then bounce them out right away. I hope that they are all receiving the help they need, while they are waiting to see who gets to come back. I am also wondering if they are with Kim, doing the same thing the people at TBL campus are doing. Be neat if they are.

I watched the season 3 re run on Bravo, recently. I had never seen Kim before. While she isn't my fave, she isn't so bad. She does seem to know what she is doing and I think that is the most important thing.

I am not rooting for anyone, yet. Still getting to know them. I do hope that the kid from the orange team stays a long time. He really needs this. The surviving member of the silver team annoys the snot out of me and I was so disappointed by her friend who said that if she didn't get to come back their friendship was over. Who does that? The green team has the potential to be a huge PITA and the yellow team could really rock this thing. The black team strikes me as arrogant and cocky; I don't like either of them. Perhaps they will redeem themselves in time. I'm not holding my breath. The brown team. Wow, the dad who has done everything, even wiring his jaws and surgery. Just shows how desperate the problem of obesity is in this country. And how desperate so many are for help. My heart really goes out to him.

I am looking forward to Tuesday's show.
  • This probably belongs on the Season 6 thread, but no one is looking at that one now.

Someone sent me an email link to a local newspaper article about Heba:

http://www.newsobserver.com/976/story/1354864.html