40 Something Bios

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Being 40-something is spectacular! If you get a chance, introduce yourself to current and new members by filing out the bio below. Copy the below to a new reply and fill in as desired

(copied from 100 club, thanks!)

First name:
    April

Geographical location:
    Midwest

39 years, 11 months and 19 days (b-day 4/29)

Marital Status:
    Married

Children/Ages:
    11 - 22, 20, 20, 18, 18, 17, 16, 14, 13, 13, 12

Student/Secretary soon to be Teacher

Pets:
    Ginger, the cat

Hobbies/Interests:
    Sewing, knitting, reading

Height:
    5'8"

Eye/Hair Color:
    Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    This time around? Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Starting Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    Sugar addiction/Emotional eating

Following any specific plan:
    Weight Watchers
    What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    Giving myself a break and taking my time

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • [QUOTE=Nspired2lose;2704089]First name:Judi

Geographical location:Western Oregon

Marital Status:Married/Seperated

Children/Ages:27

Pets:1 miniature Chiuahuah,2 cats

Hobbies/Interests:Reading,guitar playing,songwriting & singing,outdoors & gardening,drawing,crafts,computer,tv

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/Dark Brown with weaved blonde

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey:April 17,2009

Starting Weight:267

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Eating to soothe stress and self-esteem issues.

Following any specific plan:Low Fat,Low Carb balanced plan I put together myself based on the Glycemic Impact diet I was on before.It works for me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm in a recovery group for my overeating and co-dependancy and I'm learning how to stop neglecting myself and my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm going through a major life change.In the last year I had a hysterectomy,I'm seperating from my spouse and getting a divorce soon and I put myself in a christian recovery program for hurts,habits,and hangups.It's for my food and co-dependancy issues.I have worked hard as a wife mother,grandmother,and business partner with my spouse.Ive raised a my family,helped my kids raise theirs and worked with my husband in the cleaning buisness.But I didn't take good enough care of me.I'm done with it.Im finding myself now and what I want out of life.I'm going for all the things I never did but desired to.
    Im getting ready for it all!New job,education and training goals,spiritual lifestyle,meeting new friends,getting to know my new church family,looking forward to some fun and adventure and especially;getting excited about my soon to be fit,smaller,healthier body!A new me physically,mentally,spiritually.
  • First name:Kris

Geographical location: Twin Cities MN

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: Son 23, Daughter 18, Daughter 15

Pets: 1 dog, 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: crafts, making jewelry.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Seems like forever

Starting Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its just so hard to have to exercise through the pain and eat healthy when Im feeling crappy.

Following any specific plan: Loosely Weight watchers, I lost 20 lbs before diagnosed but gained it when put on Prednisone

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I hve to do it for my health, for my joints and for my heart. Higher incidents of heart attack and death from heart problems with RA.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im looking forward to lots of advice and tips.
  • Bio
    First name: Greta

Geographical location: Northwest US

Marital Status:M

Children/Ages: 4 boys 15/13/8/6

Pets: Boxer, Cockatiel, Desert Tortoise

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Watching my kids do band and sports, Gardening

Height:5'-11"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

(re)Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 17, 2009

Starting Weight: 253

Goal Weight:170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Determination and exercise

Following any specific plan: Fat Flush, but tweaked a bit. No grains. Lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am working hard to combine diet and exercise simultaneously...and am being very conscious of my lean body weight....maintaining and increasing it while I lose the bad fat. I am trying to increase my base metabolism.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have struggled with weight my entire life. Some of my issue is physical (I have thyroid disease and adrenal issues), but most is psychological (somehow, the weight "insulates" me from certain aspects of life). I am trying to address both issues this time and focus on overall health and quality of life. My focus is on becoming stronger, healthier, and more capable of keeping up with my very active boys.
  • First name:Mary

Geographical location:SE Michigan

Marital Status:married 23 years

Children/Ages:22 and 12

Pets:1 Dog, 3 cats, 16 Chickens, 1 hermit crab

Hobbies/Interests:Reading,Gardening,hiking,fishing,playing parlor games

Height:5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/natural color mousy brown but now its blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sometime in 1968 or 69. That would have been the first time my mom gave me Dexitrim when I was 8. I was obese by the time I was 3...morbidly obese by the time I was 6

Starting Weight: My highest weight ever was 260 - 15 years ago

Goal Weight:140 or 150 I'll know when I get there. At 170 now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Stopping the compulsive overeating!

Following any specific plan:Loosely based on the mayo clinic plan. Goal is to average around 1100 cal a day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Seeing a therapist to help me deal with all the anger I have from childhood. It helps.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Someday I'm going to feel free to be at a social gathering and not have to worry about somebody's kid yelling across the room "Hey Ms Mary my Mom say's your fat and that you eat to much"
  • Hello all!
    First name: Cathy

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Very happily married

Children/Ages: Boy age 11, Boy age 10, and Daughter age 6 - all with my red hair!

Occupation: Registered nurse - out-patient surgery recovery room.

Pets: Oh my! We are a rescue family - 2 large dogs, 3 - 12 week old kittens, a hamster, and a lizard!

Hobbies/Interests: Too many to list - just wish I had time for them!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This one began a week ago.

Starting Weight: 138

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to the plan and finding time to exercise.

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I lost 70 pounds on South Beach about 3 years ago, was able to go to the gym 4 -5 days a week, now I am working full time and have a hard time getting there.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just so happy to have found this site! Anxious to meet you all!!!!!
    Suzanne 3FC is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
  • Hey you all...
    First name: Willow

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: No

Pets: No

Hobbies/Interests: Music, travel,...

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Years ago...

Starting Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 150 and less

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sugar cravings

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hopefully this time I will succeed

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to exercise, I don't like artificial sweeteners, I am trying to beat my cravings with whole wheat pasta, brown rice and fruit and veggies instead.
  • First name: Joci

Geographical location: PA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 21, 18 and almost 16...yikes

Pets: 2 dogs...Twiggy and Pumpkin

Hobbies/Interests: Skiing (both kinds), photography, travel, hanging with friends and family. And now I can officially add...WORKING OUT!!!

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:My highest weight (not post pregnancy) 2 years ago was 160. Really started this new journey at 153 about 3 weeks ago

Starting Weight: see above

Goal Weight: Will be happy to see 135 but would be ecstatic to see the 120s

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cravings

Following any specific plan: Counting Calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not sure but for some reason I feel really different this time..."look forward to working out" is part of my vocabulary now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope!! But if you want to know something, just ask
  • First name: Steve

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: Married almost 2 years

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: cat-Skeeter

Hobbies/Interests: Playing and recording songs on guitar and bass.

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes dark blonde when I dont shave it all off.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/04/09

Starting Weight: 313

Goal Weight: 190

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing all my bad habits.

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Much more motivated this time and I'm actually sticking with it. My wife is very supportive which I think was my missing ingredient previously.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I look forward to talking with all of you and learning from all the experience the community has to offer.
  • Time to start
    First name:Lucylucy

Geographical location: michigan

Marital Status:divorsed

Children/Ages:15/12

Pets: dogs- 2

Hobbies/Interests:Painting and polymere clay. Watching my kids play sports.

Height:5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: brown and reddish blonde
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:245

Starting Weight:245
    Goal Weight:175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my health

• bio
    First name: Margie

Geographical location: Brooklyn

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: no

Pets: a cat (Chloe)

Hobbies/Interests: crossword puzzles, knitting, traveling, cooking, writing

Height: 5' 9"

Eye/Hair Color: brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: probably since I was about 16

Starting Weight:

Goal Weight: I should be, according to height/weight charts, about 160 to 170, I would take anything below 200 right now, ha

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking consistently to eating plan

Following any specific plan: my own version that's based on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've got a good exercise routine going, and need to put my nose to the grindstone now, I really want to get control of my weight

Anything else you would like to share with us: I live with bf who's at a good healthy weight, and he eats lots of goodies and does a lot of the cooking. I know it's ultimately my responsibility what I put in my mouth, but it does make it tougher having all the junkier stuff around
  • First name: Julie

Geographical location: Southeast Georgia

Marital Status: Married - 29 years

Children/Ages: 2 girls, ages 28 and 24

Occupation: Transportation Officer - but about to make a life chaging career move!

Pets: 2 Rescue dogs, Bailey (129 lb Rottie/Lab) and Buddy (90 lb Boarder Collie Mix)

Hobbies/Interests: Running, cycling, healthy eating, and I have been trying for about a month to learn how to knit. So far the only thing I have learned is to cast on.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Mousey Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1962 - the day I was born!!!

Starting Weight: This time around, 157

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own negative thoughts about my body

Following any specific plan: WW online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have a better, more mature mindset and I have a much better understanding of 'healthy' eating.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am trying to eat 'clean', meaning little or no processed foods. So far (week 2) it is going really well.
  • First name: Jen

Geographical location: NorthBay Mtns of California

Marital Status: Married , sort of

Children/Ages: none, but I have two adorable nieces, 9 and 6 !!!!

Pets: Emma, 4 yr old GermanShepherd... aka My Personal Trainer !

Hobbies/Interests: Where do I start? Music (mandolin) , hiking, "total scratch" kind of cooking & baking, gardening, sewing (a little quilting), knitting my own handspun, bicycling the mountain, writing to penpals and emails, keeping house (love to do this), making stuff.... thrift shopping, and making my own style.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, natural blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Beg of June , 2009

Starting Weight: 183 this morning

Goal Weight: around 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating , boredom binging, portion control.... Self Belief .

Following any specific plan: Planning the utmost healthful lifestyle and simply merging into it (super healthy eating, portion control everything but veggies & fruit, and tons of exercise ; cycling, hiking mostly. I should lose weight as soon as I let go of the binging. I am loosely following Mark Bittman's "FoodMatters" philosophy, but I realize I am going to have to adhere to stronger commitment and focus. Also visualization (mental rehearsal ... book "EvolveYourBrain" by Joe Dispenza) is key, but I realize I am very weak in the self belief , so this one is tough.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Desperate to be comfortable in my body again, desperate for some self-esteem, afraid of aging with disease, afraid of growing old with never having given myself the body I want.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am pretty isolated in the mountains, and thus lonely... would love penpals !
  • First name:
    Samantha

Geographical location:
    Maryland

Marital Status:
    Single

Children/Ages:
    None, but very close to my nieces & nephews (ages 2 to 26)

Federal Govt. Employee

Pets:
    Dog - my baby

Hobbies/Interests:
    Reading, music, travel

Height:
    5'3"

Eye/Hair Color:
    Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    This time around? June 1, 2009

Starting Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    Weekends! I do well during the week while I'm working, but slip "off the wagon" on my days off work.

Watching what I eat and more consistent exercise.

Going to be 50 in 8 months; I am determined to be 50 and more healthy.

Need to lose weight for obvious health reasons. Just coming off of a year of major job stress - changed jobs after working in one office for many, many years. Hope to get "more together" this year - again, before hitting the big
    5-0!
  • First name: Darcel

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Stacia 12, Artie Joe 10, Lydia 6

Pets: Sandy, Irish Terrier Mix & Rocky, Chihuahua Terrier Mix

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, reading, cooking, travel, pc games

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel, brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2009

Starting Weight: 216.5 lbs

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cooking for the whole family

Following any specific plan: no, just low calorie and fat

I am missing out on too much because of my weight. I can't keep up with the kids and am tired all the time. I have a low self esteem and want to feel better all around. I feel like this is my last chance. I haven't tried to diet in many years.

I really think I can do it this time! Lifestyle change!