Nutrisystem Buddies 2009

You're on Page 5 of 37
Go to
  • Morning all! Sorry I've been mia.. things have been really crazy here this past week.. not to get all into it but basically had to leave my house and get a restraining order against a family member strung out on meth and threatening my family.. so needless to say I left abruptly and didn't take any ns with me (wish I was thinking) so I've been off ns for a week now! I'm sure I've undone all my good work. But things have settled down now so I can come home. I plan on being back OP 100% as of today so please forgive my absence.
    It's so nice to see more new members though! Welcome all!!! I'm so glad to see you all really loving ns! My favorite meal so far is probably the cheesy potatoes or and ham and bean soup, yum! my least favorite was the minestrone soup and the white cheddar soy chips.. but everything else so far I'm loving

Well I promise to get back on tonight and get more personal. Just wanted to pop in and say hey!
  • Spryng, wow, stressful situation for sure.
    Kiki, did you end up working out with your personal trainer friend?

I had NS tacos last night. I like them! The flavor reminds me of the fajita mix somewhat. The taco shells taste nice and fresh and crisp. I added cooked mushrooms and onions to mine. Plus a bit of salsa, FF sour cream and salad. It was quite the meal. I'll be ordering more of those.

I'm down one pound this week.

Have a great nutriday all.
  • Heylo guys! Sorry I've been MIA since the last post from the 2008 buddies.. I've been trying to get back on this thing but its so hard.. so with the new shipment incoming, I'm back to it strict as can be. I'm so glad all you ladies are having results with it... keep going strong!

-Nora
  • No, we didn't actually...she's such a dear friend she helped me clean up from my dad's party instead. 40(ish) people in your house can make such a mess!! But she did give me a great exercise to work my flabby arms. I'm SO happy with my weight loss to date but it's left me VERY self conscious about my arms. Hopefully it will work!!

Spryng...glad you're home! Hope it is all over for you and you can move past this.

Welcome back Nora! I have been off and on with an a la carte order and alot of my own foods and today I placed my next full order...so it's time to get serious with NS again!!

Have a great night folks! I'm off to bed!
  • Hi All!

Your insights are all so helpful. I am only my 2nd day of NS, but it is surprisingly good! I like all the food I have tried to far, am not hungry, and it actually seems to be like a lot of food. But it helps to keep track and "re-learn" how to eat properly.

I have a hefty 50 pound loss goal, so I imagine that will take at least 6 months. I am eating a lot of the "unlimited" vegys in stir-frys and stuff. I discovered keeping one of my dairy allowances at night as hot milk with Splenda in it really helps me to settle at night. (I miss my nightly wine and that is the hardest thing for me to get used to, but so far so good).

I hope all is well with you. I am encouraged with the plan thus far and also appreciate all the info and support out there!

Cindy
  • Oh Spryng sorry you had to go through all that, I can't even imagine how stressful that must be. Glad to hear you are OK, and hopefully things will be easier for you now.

Nora: Good to see you back! Can't wait to hear about your good results now that you're back at it

Kiki: I hear you about the arms....Mine have always been quite thick, even as a child, and right now they are going through a "looking very strange" phase where they are getting a bit smaller, but not evenly....strange indeed.

Cindy: Glad to hear you are liking it, let us know how you do.

Looks like I avoided the plateau I was fearing which is good, but I won't know for sure until the weekend...I am staying away from the scale until then. I can't wait to reach my mini-goal of 20 lbs. lost.
  • Newshinyme, I don't know how you can resist the scale! Think my best at resisting is not going on it more than twice in one week.

I'm happy to say that I worked out yesterday for an hour on the treadmill, bike and the step type thing. Today I did wii fit for 51 mins and then 45 mins of treadmill, bike and row machine. Hope I don't get tired out at work today! It sure makes me hungrier though. But I shall resist!

Exciting finds of the day.......
    Way back in the top cupboard, 3 NS breakfast items! I thought I just had 3 eggs left and after 2 days of eggs, well.....
    I found granola, orange cranberry pastry and a peanutbutter granola bar! yay! I had the bar, yummo.
  • Cindy.. you can do the 50 lbs and it'll seem like no time.. especially since time seems to go by faster every year.

Newshinyme.. way to go on skipping over the plateau!

Great find Newgie! I like eggs, just not in a row! Granola.. yummy!

Does anyone else have a hard time eating the orange cranberry pastry without drinking water after every bite?
  • Hey Luvto...cut the pastry in half and toast it than if you have any Becel spray (no fat and tastes like butter!!) give'er a couple of spritzes!! I find it SO much better when I do that!!
  • KiKi- what is this flabby arm exercise you speak of? heh
  • I am going to second kiki on the toasting thing, that's the only way I eat the pastry now. Haven't tried the becel spritzer, but I find that toasting does make a big difference.
    Newgie: Don't know if I can resist the scale but I will try LOL

I don't really like the eggs, I have one portion stashed in there in case I feel like it, but I would much rather eat any of the other breakfasts, but the granola is my favourite by far.

Went out for lunch with hubby today..so now I have to undo all the damage done, will have to be very very good for the rest of the week...sigh...
  • Hey all i decided to try nutrisystem so i ordered the 4 wk plan with weekends off from qvc. Kinda scared and anxious since ive seen so many mixed reviews about the food being bad, being good, being edible....Im gonna try very hard to stick to it, even if i dont liek the food i will stay with it figure out what i liek and choose from there.

My sister is getting married on july 12 and im made of honor. I need to lose the weight i dont want to get to the wedding looking like this. about 2 yrs ago i stuck to a diet for about 9 months and lost 40lbs just from walking and doing ww points i got down to 207...i cried...thats the lightest ive been since freshman yr of hs...and im only 24. since then ive gained all the weight back and thenn some...almsot 100lbs more. as i would gain i would think ok as long as i dont go above 210 im ok, then 220, then 230 and so on......i need to do this and i know i need support. So i will update my progress and hopefully not failers as i go.

Feb 1st.....day 1
  • Wilted.. Welcome! Every day is progress if you lose a pound or gain.. its about changing your lifestyle to be a healthier individual. I do have to say that I couldn't stand the food on the Nourish program, but the new advanced program is pretty tasty. Just remember to drink all, or as much as you can, of water. I see my weight loss increase greatly if I drink the water that week than not. The first week was the hardest for me! My tummy was used to having much more in it.. but it helped me consume the water because I'd fill up on h2o. Soon you'll be saying "Woo 230, 220, 210, GOAL!!"

-Nora
  • Newshinyme-have you tried making an omelette with the eggs? I find when I can add stuff (lean turkey lunch meat, asparagus, ff cheese slice and Frank's hot sauce) that it's really good!! BUT I hear you on the granola! It's yuuuuummmmyyy!!! And I can't find a low fat store brand that compares! I mix it with a ff yogurt and rasperries for a REALLY tasty breakie!!! (Strawberries make a close second since raspberries are scarce or WAY to expensive right now!)

Nora, I'll try to describe it! LOL! Put a kitchen chair against a wall (so it won't slide out from under you) and sit on the edge. Slide your bottom off and hold yourself up with your arms. Bend at the elbow (keeping your bum as close to the chair as possible) and lower yourself up and down. Do as many as you can up to 15 reps, sit/rest, and than repeat. You'll TOTALLY feel it in your arm flab!! LOL!!!

Hey wilted, welcome and good luck!! We're here to cheer each other on...and you can do this!!
  • Wilted, welcome! I find the food pretty good.

Nora, I usually slice mine lengthwise and spread peanut butter and top with banana. I heard others use sugar free jam on theirs. Some use egg beaters and make french toast out of it and use SF syrup. I decided not to order any this time around since my new PB habit is to spread some on the cookies or add it to the pudding to get my fix. I love PB! I might have to order some of that PB 2 so I can have a bigger serving.

Kiki, I do add to the eggs to make an omelette and even plain I don't mind the taste at all. I just really miss having bread with it, so I'm usually unsatisfied. I'm going to replace a NS egg breakfast every once in awhile with egg beaters and an english muffin.
    I really like the granola too! And realized just this week that I've been eating 4oz of yogurt instead of the 8oz of it you are allowed. Plus I was replacing the milk you are told to have on it with yogurt but counting that as protein/dairy selection instead of part of the meal. I just need to find a better yogurt with the right stats. I've been eating Activia and not the low fat kind.
    When it's time for the move from NS to my own program, I'm definitely going to look for items that are comparable for the transition and to eat for the rest of my life. I LOVE eating healthy.