Absent Chick Alert!! MANY PRAYERS NEEDED

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Mama went to ER this morning. Stupid doctors from yesterday, I could choke them all. She is in resperitory failure. They put her on ventilator and transferred her to ICU. The doctors sound hopeful that they will get her off of it, but it's hard with COPD patients. The family is all ready for her to die, but little sis and I just don't "feel" that it's time yet. We are not ready to let her go.

I have not cried all day, have been strong for little sis because she is so upset. Now I'm home and it's time for a meltdown.

Any of you medical personnell out there have any experience with this? Should I be getting my hopes up? She's suffered badly and she's made her peace with God, but I can't seem to let her go.

Please pray for all of us and I'll give ya'll an update tomorrow (if I make it home)
  • My prayers are with you and your family

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
  • (((((((Sherrie))))))))))

Thoughts & prayers!
  • Hugs to you Goodforme,

Meltdowns can be good, I think you need a good one.

Prayers your way.
  • Sherrie, sending prayers also.

peach
  • Here's a giant hug of support and love just for you!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ H U G }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You and your family are in my prayers.
  • Sherrie, my prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there and do your meltdown later! I'm glad you have a sister - mine certainly helped me when Mum was in hospital.
  • Sherrie I am thinking of you...know we are here for you! Liz
  • Hi Sherrie,

I'm so sorry to hear. Please know that all your friends here are praying for her and your family. No one but the Father know's when its our time to go back to Him. Believe me He hears you.

Hugs and Kisses to you and your family.
    May you all find the peace that passes all understanding.

Love, Leens
  • My prayers and hugs are being sent as I type-- I'll be thinking of you and your family.
  • Sherrie-I lurked a little earlier and read your and Jenny's posts. My prayers started for both of you then. I was crying for both of you and couldn't post it at that time.

Please know that our prayers and friendships are here for you and there with you.

God be with you and your family.

Janice
  • Sherrie,
    You and your family are in my prayers too. You are so strong, but please give yourself time to have that meltdown too, okay?
    {{{SHERRIE}}}}}

Chickadee
  • {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sherrie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Have your melt down. it will make you feel better, then gather your tissues and get some sleep.
  • many prayers. many hugs. several boxes of tissues.
  • I'm here
    Mentally and physically exhausted. Haven't seen dd since yesterday morning, but I picked her up sound asleep just a few minutes ago. She's confused and wonders where her granny is.

She is still the same, which is not a bad thing, because all our reports were grim. They did an ultrasound of her heart today, we will get some news tomorrow. Depending on what that says, they may wean her off the vent slowly.

She woke up a bit today and smiled at me and squeezed my hand, asked for water and wondered where baby sis was. I feel so bad for her, she looked confused. She cries in her sleep, but they assure me that she knows nothing of what is going on. The sedative made her blood pressure drop tremendously, so they had to lessen the dose, and now she's in and out of consciousness. She still hasn't tried to pull the tubes out, which for her is a miracle in itself.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes, we really need them. I love you guys, you always come through for me! Update tomorrow night. Take care of yourselves!!