Movie Fanatic

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • You know how they usually make the trailers to movies. They make the movies seem so much more interesting or intense than they really are. Well, I recently watched Seven Pounds, and I have to say... It's probably one of my favorite movies now. I would suggest seeing it to everybody (old enough to understand it). It's so powerful! Had me crying like a baby.

Anywho, just making this post to tell you guys to watch it. It's totally worth watching in the theater, but in case you can't I have the link for it online.

http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/seven_pounds/

Just make sure you go to a link with a blue percentage under it.

What are your favorite movies?
  • 3 movies on my holiday list are:

Slumdog Millionaire
    The Wrestler
    Nothing Like the Holidays
  • I really want to see that movie!!! I also want to see, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. My friend's sister saw it, and she cried almost all the way through it.
  • I didn't know that movie was supposed to be a tear jurker.
  • I figured it would be sad.
  • Saw Slumdog Millionaire today. That's one off my list. Saw a review on it listing it as comedy. Not so much. A handful of comical lines but I felt it more a lovestory. Not a sappy lovestory - but a cleverly written loverstory. Advise to anyone who sees it: a question is posed at the very beginning of the film with multiple choice answers. (Be on time!) Remember the question at the end and you'll understand the answer.
  • P.S. I love you........... Loved that movie! Total tear jerker
  • Every review I've read of Seven Pounds has said it's horrifically bad and to avoid it. The friends who I trust and who have similar movie tastes to mine have said the same. So for me it'll be a ShowTime or HBO type of thing -or maybe a NetFlix rental.

I'm looking forward to Slumdog Millionaire, just because I love Danny Boyle's stuff.

I'm also looking forward to Australia, not because I expect it to be great, but Baz Luhrmann always makes a visually insane movie. I expect it to be solid eye candy. And of course ... speaking of eye candy ... there's Hugh Jackman!

• Bad reviews???????? Some people are just so hard to please. I sometimes wish people would just take things how they are. lol
  • Quote:
    Bad reviews???????? Some people are just so hard to please.
    Hm. So if I don't like what you like, I'm hard to please?

I guess if we all liked the same thing, the world would be pretty boring.

• hahah, okay I didn't mean it like that per say... Maybe I did, but not intentionally. But you said that every review that you read was the same, so then technically everyone doesn't like the same thing, doesn't that make the world boring too? lol

I guess I'm just really easy to please and don't understand why people wouldn't like the story.
  • Hey Photo,
    My girlfriend loved Australia, she saw it twice. She is older and wiser than me by 10 years, so I BElieve her on it being great!
  • The Family Stone is a great movie. Nice to watch around the holidays.

My all time favorite holiday movies are Home Alone and Home Alone 2. I never get sick of watching them.

I tend to watch a movie no matter what kind of review it got. I try not to read them just because I don't want to have the mindset that the movie is going to suck or be really good.
  • Quote: The Family Stone is a great movie. Nice to watch around the holidays.
    Omg..I bought that movie when it first came out on dvd. I was thinking it was gonna be a funny holiday movie. Man, was I wrong. I bawled my eyes out. It was just a bad movie for me to be watching at the time.
  • Love Actually is one of my favorite holiday movies. I watched it while decorating the tree this year.