Aphil on YouTube

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was performing in a holiday stage show last weekend, and someone videotaped! Imagine my surprise this morning when I find myself on YouTube!

I am dancing improv (my piece was not planned/choreographed ahead of time-I am making it up as I go along!) to a Greek pop music piece. At the very end of the piece, I am playing finger cymbals during the fast ending portion, but you have to turn your speakers up pretty good to hear them.

Anyhow...this is what I do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMWC9u7iMo
  • Very cool
  • That was beautiful, Aphil! I have a laptop, so couldn't really hear the finger cymbals... sadness... I'll watch again from home tonight to see if I get them there!
  • oh wow. you're really good!
  • very nice!
  • Wish I could see you perform in person. Your costume is beautiful and your dancing so graceful.
  • you look so goooooooood.

i took a Middle Eastern dance class once. it was really fun. i should take one again!!
  • Thank you everyone! I have gotten asked quite often here over the years if I had any video footage of myself dancing-I finally found some posted, so I thought that I would share!
  • That was FANTASTIC! I never thought I'd get the chance to see you perform, I'm so glad you posted this
  • I loved it! Our local parks and rec offer belly dancing for exercise. I've been tempted to take the class. I know you've discussed it here many times. After seeing your costume, I feel I can do it. I don't have to be half clothed like I've seen belly dancers at the local Morrocan restaurant.
  • Wow, that's beautiful! I'm so glad to finally see you dance.
  • That's just great, I'm so glad you posted. At first it looked like you didn't have normal bones in your arms!
  • Very cool, Aphil!
  • Very cool!
  • That was gorgeous. You are incredibly graceful and with all that red hair cascading everywhere, contrasting with the jewel tone of your costume, you absolutely shone up there.