20-Something Profiles

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • First name:Susie
    Geographical location: Brooklyn

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Not yet

Pets:Pork Chop - gray and white crazy kitteh, Odysseus - gray and white smart kitteh

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, eating, hanging out with friends, going out, music

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: late October 2008

Starting Weight:176

Present Weight:161.5

Goal Weight:120-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:binging and sticking with workout routine. sometimes i do well for a time but when i fall off, i fall hard. i have a hard time keeping up with the gym routine because i hate the actual working out but love the feeling afterwards.

Following any specific plan: *trying* to count calories. just signed up for fitday.com yesterday, so we'll see how that goes. going to the gym some. so far only about 2 or 3 times a week. do 4 miles run, 1/2 mile walk, and some free weights.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am sick of being so fat and feeling bad about myself. i am always the fattest person in pictures of friends and family. i want to be able to even fit into my fat jeans again. and then ditch them for smaller jeans.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i really want this to be the time! i also am trying to quit smoking.
  • First name:

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages:

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 2008

Starting Weight: 198 lbs.

Present Weight: 183 lbs.

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, fatigue

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • 20 Something Profiles
    First name: Tracy

Geographical location: Vancouver, BC

Children/Ages: 0

Occupation: contract has just finished (previously, marketing/events planning)

Pets: 1 cute, fat Siamese cat

Hobbies/Interests: ex-food addict (hopefully), coffee, reading, tv watching

Height: 5 ft

Eye/Hair Color: brown, dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 15, 2009 (hopefully)

Starting Weight: 126 pounds

Present Weight: 126 pounds

Goal Weight: 115 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating; addicted to food

Following any specific plan: not sure yet? any ideas for me?

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I am on this site, hopefully to be accountable to myself and all of you!
    Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel like giving up on myself, but I really want to try and give myself hope for this new 2009! Please support me!
  • First name: Laura

Geographical location: Cleveland, OH

Marital Status: Lovely Boyfriend of 2 years

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 yellow lab named Dutch

Hobbies/Interests: Trying new things, going out to eat, dancing, running, biking & reading.

Height: 5 feet

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde/Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 13th, 2008

Starting Weight: 142.4

Present Weight: 138.4

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Patience. I find myself eating more than I need to, because I cant' wait for a meal. I find that I cannot wait to lose weight. I lose 3 pounds, work out, gain 1. I build muscle, lose inches, yet cannot wait for that looming number to go down.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have not been committed before, with a realistic goals. I plan to be down to 125, at least, by June 1. That gives me 15 pounds over 6 months- approximately 2.5 lbs per month. Vegas here I come!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm always looking for good music to run to!! : )
  • First name: Erynn

Geographical location: CT / USA

Marital Status: Married-Happily So!

Children/Ages:None

Pets: Kitty -Jack

Hobbies/Interests: Health and Nutrition (obsession now) -Anime, Video Games, Fantasy Audio Books

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Ges I joined 5 years ago, and it started before that.... :/

Starting Weight: (dont remember) 189 was my highest

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 147

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PCOS/Endometriosis --Feeling like crap on the meds.

Following any specific plan: Commonsense diet... aka I like to call it, cut the crap, diet. Mostly organic where I can, little meat, but well balanced, no FF, no candy (except when i cheat--I try to limit to once per month, if not at all).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have my wii fit <3 Nothing can motivate me more than video games!! Haha!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im here for support and fun during my journey!!
  • First name: Tarryn

Geographical location: Gold Coast, Australia

Marital Status: Boyfriend of 1 +1/2 yrs

Children/Ages: noope

Pets: 1 Jack russel- Lucy and one cat- soxy

Hobbies/Interests: Riding my bike, going to the beach, parties, shopping!

Height: 5 foot 8

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde/Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ooo october some time!

Starting Weight: 200.2 / 91kg

Present Weight: 173.8 / 79kg

Goal Weight: 143 / 65kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cookies brownies ect...hehe

Following any specific plan: Wholefoods bit of calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:if i dont do this i will die of some overweight related disease

Anything else you would like to share with us: My ultimate goal is to look the best at my 21st birthday party on july 23rd.. in a smokin tight dress!!
  • First name:Stephanie

Geographical location:Ontario, Canada

Marital Status:married-2.5 years

Children/Ages: 1 - 6 month old baby girl

Pets:1 cat- Lola

Hobbies/Interests: reading, internet, hanging out with my husband and my daughter,

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: eyes- green hair-blondish/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time...January 1 2009

Starting Weight:228

Present Weight:228

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: keeping on track. I give up really easily. I LOVE sweets!

Following any specific plan: 30 minutes of daily exercise, and eating sensibly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I was organizing my closet and realized all of the great clothes that I have. I then told myself that I can't afford to keep buying clothes every time I out grow mine! I have fantastic clothes if I could just loose the weight to get back into them! I also see how difficult it is to lose baby weight..so I want to be at a good weight before we decide to have another baby...so losing weight is motivation in that sense...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love coming to this site even if it is just to read...I love hearing huge success stories...make me realize how possible it is to do this!
  • Me
    First name: Frecks

Geographical location: MI

Marital Status: single, single, single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: love animals, none right now

Hobbies/Interests: NPR, anything outside, reading

Height:5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: hazelish, red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: many, but today officially

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight: 285

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: time/fast food

Following any specific plan: none

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: accountability

p.S. I would really like to post that cute loss tracker graphic, but alas I have 22 more post to make untill I can use it!

• First name: Lucy

Geographical location: Cornwall, UK

Marital Status: Living with my lovely boyfriend of 1yr+

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: A little black lionhead rabbit called Guinness

Hobbies/Interests: Not a lot really, I hope that will change though!

Height:6'1

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 16th January 2009

Starting Weight: 222lb

Present Weight: 221lb

Goal Weight: 170(ish)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of commitment, and living with a man who can eat what he wants!!

Following any specific plan:Not really, portion control, more exercise and healthier choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I mean it this time, honest!

Anything else you would like to share with us:Please help keep me motivated!!
  • First name: Jen

Geographical location: D.C. area

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Student/Graphic Design Assistant (at school) and Web Design Intern (at home)

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Graphic and web design, field hockey (which I need to start playing again to get into shape), writing, reading, spending time with my boyfriend, and art.

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2008

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: 151

Goal Weight: 120 (Ideal is 115)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting started and horrible endurance. My boyfriend is also one of my obstacles. He has a fast metabolism and gets to enjoy food and will always try to get me to eat with him.

Following any specific plan: Gym: Cardio for 2 hours, Weightlifting for 30 minutes, and Sauna for 30 minutes (3 times a week). I'm attempting the 30 day shred workout by Jillian Michaels (2 times a week).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually trying this time. There's no more, "just one more [insert fatty food here] can't hurt." I'm overweight and I need to change that. I want to look like how I did 2 years ago again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at the moment .
  • First name: Christina

Geographical location: Texas

Children/Ages: Nope, none anytime soon

Pets: 3 doggies and 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, art, pretty much anything creative

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 7th

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my genetics and love of food

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I wasn't going about it in the healthiest way and I was a low carb enthusiast. I soon realized however that fast weightloss isn't everything if I'm not doing it healthily

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love my chocolate
  • First name: Tricia

Geographical location: Texas

Children/Ages: None

Pets: A 11-month old Chow mix.

Hobbies/Interests: Poetry, photography, sports, movies, karaoke.

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/16/09

Starting Weight: 199lbs

Present Weight: 199lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping myself motivated and not procrastinating.

Following any specific plan: Plenty of exerise, cutting out bad and junk food, lots of vitamins.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I guess that I'm more desperate than I was before. Mainly due to risks of disease(genetic and non-genetic) and other health issues.

Anything else you would like to share with us: We all can reach our goals, just keep on keeping on!
  • First name: Sue

Geographical location: Scotland

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 2 boys aged 6 and 9 months

Pets: 1 ginger cat called Kane

Hobbies/Interests: reading, eating, music

Height: 5ft 1

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1st Jan 2009

Starting Weight: 179

Present Weight: 175

Goal Weight: 112

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stop the comfort eating!

Following any specific plan: weight watchers online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a wedding dress to fit into! Getting married June 2009

• First name: Leslie, Les

Geographical location: Whitmore Lake, MI, US

Marital Status: Married for 2 monthes !

Children/Ages: None yet!

Occupation: Recreational Therapist (I play board games with Alzheimer's patients all day..haha)

Pets: 2 cats (Sami and Davis) and a Moose/Dog, Duke

Hobbies/Interests: Kayaking, Camping, Being outside, Scrapbooking, Music, Card Games..

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? a little after Christmas-- December 27 or 28th?

Starting Weight: 252.8

Present Weight: 244

Goal Weight: 98lbs? haha... lets start with 215, that's what I weighed when I met my husband.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercise... yuck.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers (online-- I have no interest in meetings, that what I come to 3FC for!)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not sure? I've never done weight watchers before, so far it seems pretty sustainable. I like that I can still have a beer now and then. I'm taking it slow.. trying to not stress about it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've gained and lost the same 50 or so lbs for the majority of my adult life, so dieting for me is no real radical thing-- I feel like I've been dieting since middle school. I spent the last year planning a wedding and unlike most brides who work really hard to lost weight before their wedding, I managed to pack it on. I also live on the beach-- if that's not motovation, I don't know what is.
  • Newbie.
    First name: Irina

Geographical location: Austin Tx!

Children/Ages: none.

Pets: 2 cats my roommate also has 2 cats. they dont get along

Hobbies/Interests: photography is my life, sewing, reading, biking, crafting, gardening

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 18th 2009

Starting Weight: im not sure. i tossed the scale, it was making me neurotic. But i do know im a size 16 pants. so id say.. 200 ish.

Present Weight: see above

Goal Weight: i just want to fit into a single size. maybe an 8?? im guessing about 130 ish.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: accountability. and making sure my size goes down, not up.

Following any specific plan: cardio for 45 min or a little longer, depending on how much energy i have. but no less than 45 min. i have started writing down everything that i eat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my age. it scares me a little. although i am still in my 20's i am closer to 30. i listen to my elders, they say its harder to get the weight off the older you get.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Sure!!!

in addition to above, i believe in numerology, so for my age, when reduced, is 9. its the end of a cycle. this year i should complete things or accept them for what they are, embrace them and move on.

i have been struggling for at least a decade with self acceptance and weight loss and it truly exhausting. i am learning to love myself more and more everyday, only its hard when i see extra fluff in the mirror, KNOWING there is a healthier, skinnier me inside who is dying to show her finely tuned curves off.

i struggle with accountability the most, especially when the going gets rough. plus i secretly aspire to wear a bikini on the beach, in my hometown. Wo0t!!