The Bulk Bins

• If your natural food grocery has bulk bins, I highly encourage you to use them!

If you are into whole foods, these are great, don't you think?

The other day, I bought a 12-grain hot cereal mix for 1.49. I bought at least a pound. The same thing in a Bob's Red Mill package would've cost me $4.99.

The same with beans...and spices. I got a ½ pound of chili powder from the bulk bins for $2 -- I needed it for a dish I'm making for dh's office xmas party.

What do you get from the bulk bins?
  • I like the steel cut oats, the raw almonds, the granola and the yellow grits. I love the bulk bins--great prices and gives me all sorts of ideas of things to mix in my recipes--especially in my breakfast bars, I haven't considered.
  • Dont' forget the bulk spices, too! You can pay a few pennies for what you'd spend a few dollars for in a little tin can. Plus it's fresh and flavorful, instead of stale old warehouse stock.
  • Couscous is so expensive in the packages. I can get it for under a dollar in bulk. Pastas, whole grain pastas are really cheap, too. And honey, when you bring your own container, cheap!
  • mmm i'm excited to go to whole foods and get some stuff from the bins!!