Can I REALLY lose 100 lbs in 9 months? Thats what they say!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I signed my contract on Monday and she (MRC gal) figured out how many weeks I would need to buy to lose 100 pounds and she said and wrote up a contract saying I would lose 100+ pounds by August 5th! All I kept thinking was "of course she is going to say that, she knows that no one can be 100% on the food plan and that would void my guarantee", but then I got home and I am trying not to be so negative...but is it REALLY possible to lose 100 pounds in 9 months? I did Atkins before and I have done Nutrisystem before and lost 50 pounds in 16 weeks, but was still 50 pounds from goal. I would think the weightloss would slow down significantly toward my goal.
  • I don't know. Everyone is different but you should be able to lose quite a bit in 9 months if you stay OP. I started Jan 15th and stayed pretty much OP the whole time, although I had a couple of vacations in that time when I tried to make good choices but wasn't totally OP. I started stabilization Nov. 18th so it took me 10 months to lose 94 lbs. Some weeks I lost more than others & there are always those depressing plateaus. In any case, I think it's realistic to think you could get very close to your goal in that time.
  • that is amazing results! you have given me hope! congrats on your loss
  • Quote: I signed my contract on Monday and she (MRC gal) figured out how many weeks I would need to buy to lose 100 pounds and she said and wrote up a contract saying I would lose 100+ pounds by August 5th! All I kept thinking was "of course she is going to say that, she knows that no one can be 100% on the food plan and that would void my guarantee", but then I got home and I am trying not to be so negative...but is it REALLY possible to lose 100 pounds in 9 months? I did Atkins before and I have done Nutrisystem before and lost 50 pounds in 16 weeks, but was still 50 pounds from goal. I would think the weightloss would slow down significantly toward my goal.
    Well, when you do the math that's an average of 2.7 lbs a week, so yes, it should be doable. There'll be weeks when you lose more and weeks when you lose less, and yes it will slow as you approach goal. But it's absolutely doable.
  • Quote: Well, when you do the math that's an average of 2.7 lbs a week, so yes, it should be doable. There'll be weeks when you lose more and weeks when you lose less, and yes it will slow as you approach goal. But it's absolutely doable.
    YIPPIE! That makes me feel awesome! Thank you!
  • I'm a little ahead of schedule, but if I hit my goal, I will have lost 80 lbs. in about 6.5 months...so I think yours is doable, too. I have about a 3.5 lb./week average right now, but that could slow as I get to the last 10-20 lbs. I plan to add exercise in a few weeks, so that should speed things up or rather compensate for any slowing as I get closer to my goal. I haven't always been 100% OP-- if there is a holiday, or if someone invites me over for dinner, I do the best I can (and I ate what I wanted over Thanksgiving, just less). I also haven't consistently exercised yet, and I've still lost 50 lbs. Mainly it's a time thing for me, but I think exercise is something I'll have to do to keep the weight off in maintenance. Good luck starting out! The fast results help me stay motivated, so hopefully that will help you, too.
  • I saw your questions about loosing 100+ pounds in 9 months. I have been on MRC program since May 5. I am post menopausal and 57 years old. I have REALLY bad knees so my exercise consists of 30 minute walks every day. The walks are not very fast. Since May 5 I have gotten rid of 80 lbs, so yes it is certainly possible to get rid of more than 100 lbs in 9 months. Stick with the program, it works!
  • Quote: I saw your questions about loosing 100+ pounds in 9 months. I have been on MRC program since May 5. I am post menopausal and 57 years old. I have REALLY bad knees so my exercise consists of 30 minute walks every day. The walks are not very fast. Since May 5 I have gotten rid of 80 lbs, so yes it is certainly possible to get rid of more than 100 lbs in 9 months. Stick with the program, it works!
    Congrats on your amazing loss! I am feeling pretty confident right now! I know I can do this...especially if I can get throught the holidays!
  • Wow... I am glad you asked that question. I am in the same boat as you and these replies give me hope too. I have to say that my body does not cooperate as well, I've been loosing about 2 lb/wk and go to Curves 3x/wk. I have to say I am really disappointed with my body. One positive thing is that I've lost a lot of inches, I am amazed at that.
    Has anyone tried the Corti Trim, one of the reps told me it will help me lose faster and I am hesitant because it's very expensive, $75!
  • When I posted this question, I was pretty skeptical...but joining mrc was the best thing I could ever do to lose weight. I have already lost about 19.5 pounds in 26 days...which is pretty awesome I must say. I take the MRC6, not the corti-trim..although during the first meeting when they tell you about all their products, I did consider it, but I figured I would do without it at first...see what happens and if I feel like I need it later, then I would order it. In order to reach my goal, I need to lose on avg approx 3 pounds a week. I have been averaging about 4-5 pounds a week (including 9 pound the first week on pre-conditioning). So, now I would say...YES it is possible and I am going to do it!
  • well I really hope that it is possible cause that's exactly what I need to do! Currently I am 250lbs and in December we are going to Hawaii or Mexico for our 10 year anniversary so I would LOVE to be 150!
  • It's definitely doable! I signed my contract in October to lose 100 lbs by May. I'm down 58 as of Saturday. I'm a little off track (slow February month from 30th bday celebration/being sick) but I'm back on program and am working hard to hit goal. You can do it!
  • I started June 19th of 2009 and I am down 93 lbs so it is totally doable!
  • You guys are a true inspiration. Have any of you started stabilization yet? If you don't mind what is it like. I have a long way to go before I get there, but I sit back and think about what life will be like once I get to that point.
  • Bonnie I agree with all of the wonderful posts/replies to your original comment. I started in October 2009 and I am down 38 pounds and I have 22 to go. My body loves to "plateau" about every 10 pounds for several weeks, but that is okay because I am learning about my body and know once she settles down LOL she will keep going. Some of the best things for me is learning how to change how I think about and react to food and what I need to do to stay healthy. Also my Blood Pressure has gone down. Within the first month I went from averaging around 158/89 to a steady 120/68 so I am extremely happy about that. The life style change really does work. Mary