ugh.. stupid whoopie pies!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • ok, ok.. it's my own fault. I know.

I learned how to make whoopie pies. I wanted to make some really awesome treats for Christmas and I figured whoopie pies would be great. They are the quintessential New England snack.

So I wanted to practice first, make sure I could make a good one. (People in Maine are very picky about their whoopies!)

Needless to say, I was VERY successful at my first attempt to make chocolate whoopies with peanut butter cream filling.

They were so good. So rich that neither of my kids could even get through a whole one. So what did I do after they went to bed? Well, I was GOING to eat 1/2 of one (I believe "everything in moderation") but I ended up eating 3. All in a row. They were so good, guys. But I went to bed feeling so nauseous. I tried falling asleep fast because I just felt so sick, thinking I'd feel better when I woke up. Well, I woke up STILL feeling nauseous!

So, anyway.. I saved one for each of my kids, and the rest are going to work with my husband. (He works a blue-collar job supervising 22 big manly-men, so they'll take care of them for me. lol)

I was able to get down to 116 this month too, and was JUST about to change it on my thing, and now I'm back up to 119. Grrr.
  • Three. Gosh. I hope you learned something!

Good luck!
    Jay
  • I hear ya.

I made chocolate coconut bars for the nurses at work....Why did I feel like I needed to taste one? Quality control? As if chocolate and coconut and walnuts would NOT be yummy. I had more than a taste.

And I wonder why I am maintaining and not losing.

I think we need a holiday baker support thread....
  • Ahhh ~ that brings back memories. I used to live in Maine. Probably a good thing that I didn't get good at making them. I would have been in your fix ~ I feel your pain ~ LOL.
  • I've been planning to make cake balls for a while now, but I keep not doing it because I know I won't be able to resist eating too many of them.

AT some point I'm going ot have to make them to give away for Christmas. Maybe I can tape my mouth shut or something.

• DHs ex-wife is a great baker. Her solution to the extra baked goods? Pack the ones you are giving away right away, send the extra to my house!
  • Oh well. A moment of weakness. You know what to do. Get back on the wagon. Do a little extra cardio or something. A little penance to remember this by.

Try to remember the nauseas feeling the next time you make them that will surely remind you why 1/2 is enough.

Maybe you should make these as mini whoopies then you can have maybe 2 and not feel sick and not feel so derailed.

I agree get them ready to go if these are gifts or something.
  • MMmmm Being from Maine I can sympathize with yummy whoppie pies!!

Like everyone else has said you had a bad night so just pick yourself up and have a better day today!
  • Photo - chewing gum. Because if you mix it with batter, it gets all gross and slimy.

Er, not that I've ever taken a mouthful of batter with the gum, just to see if it'd be good.

• Quote: AT some point I'm going ot have to make them to give away for Christmas. Maybe I can tape my mouth shut or something.
  • Quote: Maybe I can tape my mouth shut or something.

Well...

But think of the pain when you tear it off... and then how the crumbs will stick... and everyone will KNOW what you did!

Jay
  • Quote: But think of the pain when you tear it off... and then how the crumbs will stick... and everyone will KNOW what you did!
    *snicker* Yeah, I'm not into that kind of pain.

Maybe I"ll just make them in flavors I don't like.

Oh wait. We're talking cake balls. I don't think there IS a flavor I don't like.

• Is it wrong that this thread is making me want recipes??

Off to google.
  • You people are bad. I had to go look up what "cake balls" were, and ended up clicking from one link to the next until I found a recipe for rum balls made with brownies... it's a good thing I'm too lazy to bake!

Nah, I still love you all...
  • Quote:
    a recipe for rum balls made with brownies
    *gulp*

Lalalallalal. I'm not listening. I'm not.

I'm going to the gym. Yeah. Going. Now.