December MediFast Chat

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • 2009 - I have just recently found out that soy products really slow down my weight loss so you might want to eliminate them for awhile and see if it hinders you too!

Beachy - hang in there - sounds like you have some great ideas going to keep the weight loss going.

djay - so happy for your weight loss and the new veneers - you are well on your way to being a new woman!

Jacque
  • OMG!!! I may have mentioned this before....but I have to say it again!

I LOVE MEDIFAST!!!

ok...On Tuesday morning after a week off plan....I mean WAY off plan. I weighed in at 188.8. That was up 8.4 lbs! A lot of water weight I know because of all the fried, salty foods and alcohol...but a scary number anyway after all the hard work to loose those pounds. I was sure I had really set myself back for weeks! I have been POP ever since and excersised every day and been religious about my water consumption.

Todays weigh in was 178.2!!!That is 10.4 lbs in less that a week! OMG! Medifast has my metabolism working for me again! This is crazy! I have never lost this much weight in one week...I probably will never do it again...but...OMG 10.4 lbs! I am in shock!

I LOVE MEDIFAST!!!
  • Quote: 2009 - I have just recently found out that soy products really slow down my weight loss so you might want to eliminate them for awhile and see if it hinders you too!

Jacque

Yes, Jacque, I think you are so right. I do like the taste and the convenience but I do think that they are hindering my weight loss. I do stay within the calorie and carb range but I seem to lose better when I eat more fish. In fact, I will be making fish today and maybe limit the vegetarian food to maybe once per week. They also have a lot of sodium!
  • Quote: OMG!!! I may have mentioned this before....but I have to say it again!

I LOVE MEDIFAST!!!

ok...On Tuesday morning after a week off plan....I mean WAY off plan. I weighed in at 188.8. That was up 8.4 lbs! A lot of water weight I know because of all the fried, salty foods and alcohol...but a scary number anyway after all the hard work to loose those pounds. I was sure I had really set myself back for weeks! I have been POP ever since and excersised every day and been religious about my water consumption.

Todays weigh in was 178.2!!!That is 10.4 lbs in less that a week! OMG! Medifast has my metabolism working for me again! This is crazy! I have never lost this much weight in one week...I probably will never do it again...but...OMG 10.4 lbs! I am in shock!

I LOVE MEDIFAST!!!

That is an incredible loss!
  • Wow Dj that's awesome, 10lbs less than a week!!!! I cannot wait to start <Medifast. Im hoping I get my shipment sometime this week. I ordered it on sat night, so hopefully it arrives soon.

I would love to hear how much everyone has lost and the amount of time it took to loose. Also how much you lost in the first month (if you can remember) I need to loose 100lbs and I am bound and determined to do so!!!! Ive been stuck in the 200's the past 13yrs and im just sick of it. Im 32 yrs old and its time to take care of myself. I have a 2 and 4 yr old that I really want to be more active with. Also a husband I wanna be more active with lol and thelist can defintely go on and on. To step on the scale and see 100 instead of 200 omg!!! how exciting that would be. Congrats to all that have lost thats soooo awesome!!!! HAGD everyone
    Monica
  • Ah well all good things must come to an end...I guess I have lost all of my nwater weight because the scale didn't move today...I was getting pretty excited watching it tick down 1.5-3 lbs. per day...guess that cant go on forever!

Monica-I was on a diet that was similar in calorie and carbs to Medifast prior to starting so my first month's results were not as impresive as some. I had alost about 20 lbs. the first month on the other program if I remember correctly. I am excited for you to start seeing the results that you are looking for!

Jacque-I don't understand. Medifast is soy based...How could it hinder your weight loss?
  • djay - I am on WonderSlim, not Medifast. WonderSlim is a whey based product. I tried supplementing it during the day at work with the EAS Carb Advantage product (for easier travel purposes) and my weight loss slowed down tremendously. Almost came to a screaching halt.

I have incorporated soy into my eating plan before and thought I was doing a good thing even though the taste has never appealed to me (there is just something about it that tastes "funny" to me) now I know why. Also I did some googling on soy intolerance and it is common among alot of people. That was very interesting to me

I am very happy for those of you who have found wonderful success with soy products - thank goodness there are other choices for those of us who can not handle it.

Jacque
  • Djay - wow, over 10 lbs in less than one week, that is fantastic! Don't be too disappointed that your losing streak has slowed, I am sure that you don't see in lbs off you will see in inches off

Jacque - I am so with you, thanks goodness there are alternative for those of us who cannot handle MF, my system went bonkers with MF. I am so thankful for wonderslim.

Now on a "smile" note - my youngest daughter told me last night that she is in a bit of a sticky wicket because she cannot make up her mind whether she likes me being on a weight loss program. She is happy that it will make me healthier but she does not like it because I will not be soft a cuddly anymore, she said that it already feels different when I give her a hug. I did not laugh because I know it was a real concern for her but I did laugh when I got upstairs to my bedroom. Children and what concerns them, must be great to be so unfettered by worldly concerns except for those things that encroach on comfort.

Monica - I lost about 16 lbs in my first month but I am using an MF alternative (wonderslim) which works in a similar fashion. Welcome and congrats in deciding to make a change.

Have a great day everyone!

Ella Dee
  • 3fc Biggest Looser challenge is taking signups for the new challenge that begins in December 27th. I am doing the one that is ending next week. It has been so motivating.
    Would love to see more Medifasters in the January challenge.

Here is the link to sign up

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158291
  • I would sign up to do it but I hate the chat thing! Too chaotic for me - too many conversations for me to keep up with. I guess you can't do it without that participation factor, right?

Jacque
  • Hey everyone, quick check in here... I have been so busy, (Havent we all?) anyways, I have been off program, but doing extremly well... I started jogging around the track! Every M/W/F/S! And this one is totally so bizarre... Ive gotten the other preschool moms to join me and organized an exersise thing! ME! I havent run since I was in grade school! All the sudden I got a hair up my *** and decieded to go and run and look what happened! Because I have been jogging (really, its one step below speed walking, very minimal jog...) Ive been adding some much missed items back into my diet... Grapefruit (oh, grapefruit!) Apples (oh, apples!) Nuts (oh, nuts!) and popcorn (popcorn, who could not love you) Im holding still at 185. Have been here for all eterninty! but my body is looking greater, my calves are rock'n! Im gonna get back OP after christmas but just to use up all my stuff. This new appriciation of excersise has inspired me. I have been eating better, making better choices. Yay!
    Also, my collar bones have come out to say hi! I dont remember EVER seeing my collar bones!
    You guys are doing fantastic! I love seeing your progress! What wonderful sucess stories!
    I LOVE the whole... not as smushy, cuddly thing.... Ella Dee! That is so cute! Way to go!
    Djay, I wanna see pics of your gorgeous smile!
    Beachy, great attitude! I KNOW you'll be able to keep it up!
    Im praying for a great holiday for all of us!
    I'll check in soon! I love you guys!
    Be awesome, and have a great national Ding-a-ling day!
    xoxoxoxo Missy
  • Just wanted to pop in & say HI to all! - I haven't lost anymore weight, but I haven't gained any, either! - so YAY!
  • Hi Beachy! Yay for keeping the weight off! That is fantastic! How is the job search going?

Hi Missy! Wondered where you have been! That is great about the jogging! Organizing all the moms totally sounds like something you would do! Doesn't it feel great to have the energy to excersise!

I posted some progress pics. One at 238 lbs. and one last week in Vegas last week about 180 lbs. Here is the link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...04#post2495204
  • Djay- OMG you look absolutely amazing! Keep up the good work friend.
  • Awww...Thanks Susan!