December MediFast Chat

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Missy and I are both Disney fans, here is a link to some nice Disney charms.

http://www.chamilia.com/disney.htm
  • I have been doing MF for 9 months. So I am cruising along. I am HOPING to reach my goal in 2009. The sooner the better!
  • Hello evreyone,
    Reading your posts every morning always put me in such a good mood, you all sound so up and encouraging

DJ - that was really funny, the dog ate your MF bars I laughed so hard my office mate had to come over to find out what was so funny. But what a great excuse to get off you diet eh I am glad you had a great time in Vegas, I love Vegas too.

Terri - cheerio to you, 6 lbs off! that is great. I think you get your signature/ticker after 20 days, I got mine and I my posts are less than 20.

I get bad cravings on weekends too, I have these cookies that I bought from wonderslim that I eat only on weekends and they do help a lot. If really have to eat something else, I always try to stick with meat and veggies avoiding carbs.

Hope you all have a good day.

Cheers!!
  • Hi All!

Ella-Glad you came out of lurkdom to join us! Things are mighty quiet around here lately! We can always use another buddy. All the more encouragemnt during this difficult time of year.

2009-Way to rock the program! You have done great on your own...Glad to have some experience out ther when we have questions. Do you stick to the basic foods...or are you one of those fancy cooking folks?

Susan-I got exciting news today! My veneers came in and the dentist moved my appointment up to tomorrow! I will have a perfect smile tomorrow! I'm so excited! This was supposed to be my 70 lb. reward and with my Vegas setback I'm not quite there...so I'm going to have to really work to earn them.

Secretgirl-I don't think there is much danger of Icky winning the Biggest Looser. I can't imagine that any show would edit their winner in such a bad light. I think she is the most hated contestant EVER. I agree that the makovers were not the best...but most of the ones that were turning out to be really cute have been eliminated. And how about that for revenge for Ickey...turns out she is equally unattractive at any weight!...Ooops...did I really say something that mean?
  • Quote: Hi All!

2009-Way to rock the program! You have done great on your own...Glad to have some experience out ther when we have questions. Do you stick to the basic foods...or are you one of those fancy cooking folks?

Basic foods...I try to keep it all basic, except for making a shake cake or a muffin out of the Cream of Broccoli soup.
  • Good evening everyone! Today was another good day OP. I'm curious how much I will lose when I weight this Satuday. I started on Monday, but I want Saturday to be my weigh in day.
    DJ you are making my LOL about Icky! Your right about the looks she just doesn't have them!! Not a cute face at all! Hehee! I can't wait for Tuesday!

Hope everyone has a great Friday! TGIF!
  • Yay, I'm still in "losing" mode! - I haven't weighed since Monday but my PANTS are DEFINITELY looser!!! Yippee!!!

And now for the bad news.....

ACK! I have enough food to get me thru next week, & then I'm OUT. And since my husband is out of work right now, I won't be getting any more of the food....it's just too expensive & without his income, I can't afford it.

But I don't want to just "QUIT".... so I've decided I'm going to TRY to continue the diet using Slim Fast & South Beach products. Do you think it will work?
  • Yay Djay, Im so excited for you.... By now you may have the veneers in & are smiling at everyone you see. That's so great! I can't wait to hear all about it, how your dentist put them in, how long the procedure took, etc. This is a great gift to yourself for working so hard.

Beachy Save a few of the empty boxes & cut the nutrition info off of them, take them to the store with you to look for other items that might be closest to the MF items you want to replace.
    You might want to check the health food stores for soups & oatmeal.

Secretgirl Cant wait to hear what your loss is tomorrow, the first week is the greatest & that # will give you lots of motivation to continue.

Talk to you all later.
  • Beachy - I am sure that slim fast will work for you, it did for a friend of mine, she did replace the fruits with salads and other raw veggies.

Jen - I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow, I was at my first weight in, the most I have ever lost at a time.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Ella Dee
  • Awww Beachy...I hope you will still come here and post...We are still here to support you...I am sure you can find a good sustitute and keep loosing. When it is what you really want...you find a way...I have faith...you will find a way!

Susan- I got them! Love them! Better than I ever thought! It took about 3 hours for the Dentist to put them in...I LOVE my dentist! he and his whole staff are so supportive and excited for me! Hugs and cheers from everyone when it was finally done. They had showed me pictures of what my teeth would look like after...and thy were beautiful! But I never got my hopes up that they would really look as perfect as the pictures...Well they do! Perfect, straight, perportional and white! I could not be happier. I went to my daughters work right after...She noticed right away. How could she not...I couldn't stop smiling!

OK...so here is why I LOVE MEDIFAST!

I was feeling so guilty...The veneers were supposed to be for my 70 lb loss. Tuesday morning I weighed in at 188.8! Ugh! All that food, alcohol and salt...Of course I knew alot of it was water weight...but Ugh! That was 10 lbs OVER the 70 lb mark! Well....This morning....after staying POP since Tuesday...and excersising every day...and drinking all my water..................................
    TADA.............................................. ........
    179.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    Just a pound away! I don't feel so guilty now! I can hardly believe it! I had hit a slowdown before I left for Vegas. It seemed like I was in the 180's forever...Hard to believe that I lost all the Vegas weight...AND broke out of the 180's before the week is out!

Did I mention, I LOVE MEDIFAST!

DJ
  • Djay, That is fabulous...... a new smile and a great loss to another number bracket on the scale. WOOHOO. I can't wait to see a picture of you and your new pearly whites.
  • Quote: Yay, I'm still in "losing" mode! - I haven't weighed since Monday but my PANTS are DEFINITELY looser!!! Yippee!!!

ACK! I have enough food to get me thru next week, & then I'm OUT. And since my husband is out of work right now, I won't be getting any more of the food....it's just too expensive & without his income, I can't afford it.

But I don't want to just "QUIT".... so I've decided I'm going to TRY to continue the diet using Slim Fast & South Beach products. Do you think it will work?

At one point I was going to be short MF for a few weeks. This is what Nutrition Support advised me to do:

the best suggestion would be to stick to the lean and green meal parameters and try to keep your calories, carbohydrates and protein as similiar to the Medifast 5 and 1 meal plan as possible (800-1000 calories; 80 to less than 100 grams carbohydrate; >72 grams of protein).

This may mean having approximately 12-15 ounces of lean protein in a day (consider having 3 meals with 4 ounces each and two "in-between" meals of 1-2 ounces each). Given your circumstance it seems reasonable to allow 9-12 servings of vegetables from the recommended vegetable choices. These very loose guidelines may need to be adjusted to stay within the nutritional parameters listed above

I hope this helps! It did work for me and I continued to lose!!!
  • Quote: Yay, I'm still in "losing" mode! - I haven't weighed since Monday but my PANTS are DEFINITELY looser!!! Yippee!!!

One more thing, a friend could no longer afford MF, so she devised a plan:

1 serving of Wal-mart oatmeal

2 EAS Shakes (AdvantEdge carb control)
    2 South Beach Bars

1 L&G...Take a vitamin supplement

Either one of the programs I listed here will work...

Good Luck!!!!
  • Does anyone use Boca or Morningstar Farms for their L&G? I use them quite often and although I stay below 100 grams of carbs, I think they may be slowing down my weight loss. I got "spoiled" just popping them into the microwave and having my dinner ready in 3 minutes! Lazy!!!
  • Quote:
    Beachy Save a few of the empty boxes & cut the nutrition info off of them, take them to the store with you to look for other items that might be closest to the MF items you want to replace.
    You might want to check the health food stores for soups & oatmeal.
    THAT is a really good idea! - thanks 2bthin! -

and thanks to everyone else offering ideas & support. I do still plan to come here - I don't know for certain it will help, but it certainly can't hurt, right?

I'm down "one more pound" as of today (Sat. but Mon is my regular weigh-in day). And I'm kinda doing a HALF-Sees program right now.... trying to keep as much food as possible... for instance, this morning for breakfast I had "Quaker Weight Control" package of oatmeal instead of MF. Then had a MF bar for lunch, then soup for afternoon.... so I'll have a lean & green this evening & nothing for after dinner snack. I'm still keeping up with my calories & carb counts, & so far, so good. I just hope I can keep it up! -

BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE the extra ideas from you guys! - keep'm coming! I'm determined to AT LEAST not gain back the 17 pounds I've lost!!