Old 11-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of November 24 - Dec 1

Hope you don't mind if I get this going Beverly. I need my menu planning more than ever this week!

Hi folks....here's a place where you can put your daily menu or plans. Is accountability helpful to you? Need a little bit of extra support? Then - feel free to join us here.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Today:

B: Oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: hard boiled eggs, tangerine
L: chili, roasted butternut squash, salad
S: skim latte, bean brownie with Cool Whip Free
D: Roasted Pork Loin, wilted spinach salad, 2nd veggie
S: Nonfat yogurt with toasted almonds and agave nectar

I have a headache from not getting my water in and eating poorly this weekend. That's good motivation to be on-plan today. Have a great Monday, chicks.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am still super-bloated from TOM....ugh, it makes me feel icky! Oh well, still drinking LOTS of water! It will go away!!!!

Plan for today is to go to the gym right after work--legs/back weights and cardio.

I am only working today and tomorrow....YIPPEE!!! Kind-of a mini-vacation! Poor dh works in retail, so he is working some really odd hours this week.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #4  
There is no try...only do

S/C/G: 282/265/200

Height: 5'9"

Default The Plan

Monday -Wednesday 35 Minutes on Treadmill

Thursday rest, but drink extra water before the TWO dinners we have to go to.

Friday-Sunday Treadmill 35 Minutes

Breakfast: oatmeal and 1 piece of fruit
Only snack on fresh fruit or veggies.
Eat Salad 4 days this week.
dizzybizzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I've fully recovered from my wisdom tooth removal. Honestly, I didn't have much pain to speak of and the nausea from the pain killers was horrible. After two days, I quit taking them and was quite surprised to find that I had no pain! I'm still on the antibiotics for 3 more days, but life is pretty much back to normal.

I'm on vacation this week. Today was grocery day. Tomorrow, I'll help my youngest tackle her room. I've already told Hubby to send a search party if he doesn't hear from us in a couple of hours. I'd also like to go see Twilight. I may make that the priority and let daughter's room wait.

Weight loss efforts are pretty much non-existent. I really need to get my head straight, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing so. I just read through some of the threads here on the 100lb club and so many of the people are strangers to me. I can't believe I've been letting myself stay away for so long. Anyways...I'm pretty much maintaining and I'm okay with that. I'll let myself relax for a few more days....until after Thanksgiving...then, I must do something so I can have a loss for 2008!

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

I'm glad your wisdom teeth didn't give you too much trouble and that you're here to keep me company! It's been too quiet the last two days.

"Pffft. Pfffft. Hey is this thing on?"
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

well my menu plan is not done for tomorrow yet (just got back from a three hour long shopping spree) but I did get some stuff done that I wanted. I bought all the decorations for the outside of the house, picked my kids up some cool ON SALE gifts and bought my littlest girl two pairs of jeans (Old Navy and Gap at the thrift store for mega cheap) and my Oldest girl a pair of Gasoline jeans for 99 cents!!!

I needed to get out and shop. It's been a mentally very trying day. I stayed on plan but my thoughts strayed to food FAR too often and it was ... meh. It didn't really work for me. So I just ate my popcorn, about to eat my kiwi and then I'll go plan for tomorrow.

I'll be back!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys,

I had a rough day. I did stay under my calorie goal, but I ate garbage.

Breakfast (was good and healthy): oatmeal with pumpkin and flax, green tea
Snack: green tea
Lunch (this is where it went bad): 6 McD's chicken nuggets with mustard and about 8 fries from my kid's happy meal. Iced sugar free vanilla coffee.
Snack: 100 cal of processed cheese
Dinner: (worse) Indian food... chicken makhani with rice and naan. I did limit myself but still.

I am not so terribly upset with this. I mean, not the best choices, but not terrible. What I am upset about is that I did not get to ride my bike today. I soent all morning running errands and cleaning in preparation for company coming tomorrow. Then went and got my husband from the airport. Then I was going to do my usual thing: daughter in bed at 7, ride the bike by 8. If any of you know anything about my history you know the husband and I have been living apart. Well our 3 yr old really does not do well with transitions. He lives halfway across the country. He came back for the holidays (now through Christmas) as we are still making reconciliation attempts. Anyway my daughter spent the evening flipping out because he is here. I tried to get her to bed but she kept crying and saying "he is going to leave us." It was horrible, just heart wrenching. I had to sit with her, rock her, go in and out of her room 100 times, tried playing music for her, etc. but she was too upset. I finally got her to sleep like 10 minutes ago... it is quarter to TEN. Yeah I could go bike now but I have been so tired I've been going to bed at 10. If I go bike NOW I won't be done until 10:15 and then too wound up to sleep for a long time. So I am making the best choice I can and saying, no, can't bike now, have to go to bed at ten. Will bike in the morning instead.

But I am upset, because I am worried having the husband around is goin g to throw me back off. He makes it hard. I dont want to go back to gaining weight. I worry I will try to ride the bike tomorrow and he won't watch our child, then I am back to trying to do it at night... and if she flips out again... ugh.

Anyway, if you're the praying sort, say a prayer for me, would ya? I am feeling rather unstable at the moment (foodwise) and think I am on the brink of either teetering off the edge or grabbing hold and staying strong.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

LYN! Stay strong. Grab hold. We'll help. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Menu for tomorrow ... day 60 ON PLAN!!!!

B- mixture of yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, 20 almonds, 1/2 cup kashi go lean, 1 tsp real vanilla, sprinkle cinnamon
s- 2 sour dough wasa, 1 cm cheese, 2 T salsa
L- 1 3 oz salmon fillet, 1 cup brocolli, 2 hard boiled eggs
s- fruit source fruit/veggie car, 1 T peanut butter
D- large chicken salad: 1 large boneless skinless breast, 2 cups mixed greens, tomato, cukes, snap peas, clementine, 2 T Newmans own low fat sesame thai dressing
s- 100 cal smartpopcorn, applesauce cup, 1/2 cup skim milk

GREAT protein day. Like 140 grams or something! yayyy!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends...I feel like I am drowning in a sea of food. I don't exactly know how I could go from having a fairly consistent sane relationship with food and regular WL for over a year - to where I am now. I know it has to do with the pain and stress of my physical problems. Any little twinge of pain sends me to the cupboards and fridge.

Family is coming today and will stay thru Friday. The house will be full of lots of food and I don't feel so strong. But, my aim is to NOT BINGE, enjoy the people, eat sane portions and try to forget about about my physical problems. I will concentrate on my GS, Alex and be joyful.

I'll be back for personals.

Take care everyone!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
Anyway, if you're the praying sort, say a prayer for me, would ya? I am feeling rather unstable at the moment (foodwise) and think I am on the brink of either teetering off the edge or grabbing hold and staying strong.
Lynn, I'm praying for you. Hang tight. You can do this.

Beverly, I don't know if you believe in prayer, but I can pray for you, too.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #12  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am trying to get a zillion things done at work and I'm just not in the mood!!! I am off after today and I think my brain is already off! My body is sore from lifting weights last night, but that's a good thing. It means I actually pushed myself a bit at the gym yesterday.

Tonight I am doing arms/shoulders and more cardio.

I am really looking forward to having a few days off. Not really sure what I will do w/ myself....we are going to dinner at my sister's on Thurs, but otherwise, no plans.

Rhonda--So glad to hear you made it through the wisdom tooth ordeal! Did you opt for the movie or room cleaning?

cfmama--Sounds like you found some awesome bargains! I LOVE bargain shopping!!!!

Lyn--How are you holding up? I will pray for you.

Beverlyjoy--It sounds like you have a good attitude and a good plan for the next few days. I know you can do it!!!!

rodeogirl--sorry you have been lonely around here!

Ok, I need to get back to work......have a great OP day!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks...I am hanging in there. I can hardly wait until company gets here I can hug that 21 month grandson!!! My food was a little better yesterday - I am grateful.

Mj - hope your soreness is gone today! Thanks for your support.

Cfmama - you're doing great. Carry on, friend.

Lyn - I am so sorry that your husband's return is causing so much stress. Staying at calorie level is a wonderful accomplishment. Hang in there.

Rhonda - yes, I do believe in prayers. Thanks so, so much for sending prayers my way. I am glad your wisdom teeth surgery is over and done. Maintaining, in a way, is also a positive thing. Yes, of course, you wanted to lose more this year. But, not being at a higher weight is an accomplishment too.

Schmoodle...I am glad to see your post. Hope things are going well.

Glad to see you posting dizzybizzy and rodeo girl.

Everyone have a GREAT day. Think positive.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-26-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #14  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Any update Lyn? Been thinking about you.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #15  
mj5

Good Morning! This is the first year I have taken the day before and the day after Thanksgiving off from work. Kind of a mini-vacation! I'm not sure what to do w/ myself today!!!! I may do some Christmas shopping, if I am in the mood.

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on a better day yesterday! I know you can do this! Enjoy that grandson!!! I know you will! I am a little less sore today, but it's ok...just a reminder that I need to keep going to the gym!

Yesterday I got out of work late (big surprise there!), but I went to the gym anyway. I didn't have time for a full workout, but I did my cardio. It felt SO good. I really need to keep this up. I am NOT liking what I am seeing on the scale...I know it is just a # and that I am still bloated from TOM, but it's a mental thing....

I have an appt for a mani/pedi/eyebrow wax on 12/6--can't wait! I need to make a hair appt and I'll be beautified for the holidays!!! LOL!

Workout plan for today is to either go to the gym or do a WATP dvd--not sure which yet, BUT it will be one or the other! I plan on doing a WATP dvd tomorrow morning too.

Have a great OP day today! I'm sure I'll be around again later! Dh is working until 11pm....poor dh!

Last edited by mj5; 11-26-2008 at 07:39 AM.