Whole Foods Prices

• I did my big grocery shopping for the week and for Thanksgiving today and wanted to let people know about a few price deals I found. DH is often insistent that Whole Foods is more expensive than Publix or Kroger, but I think that's because the only time he goes to Whole Foods is when he buys specialty items, which are often more expensive. In general I find their grocery items to be priced the same or better than the regular grocery store.

Today I went to Publix and then WF and so was able to directly compare prices on a few items.

I got the following at WF:
    • 1 box of clementines - $6.99 ($9.99 at Publix)
    • 1 bottle Bertolli EVOO - $14.99 ($22.99 at Publix - this one floored me!)
    • 4 boxes Pacific Organic Free Range Low Sodium Chicken Broth -$2 ea ($4.13 at Publix
    • 4 cans packed pumpkin - $0.99 each ($1.49 at Publix)
    • Fage 2% yogurt - $1.69 ea ($1.99 at Publix)
    • Whole organic butternut squash - $1.69 lb (prices were the same as the non-organic stuff at Publix)

Just thought I'd share some great sale prices with you guys.

• Thanks for the comparison. I was at Costco a couple of days ago and nearly fainted at the price of EVOO. Something like $39 for two bottles. I decided to wait until a trip to TJ's and get a smaller ammount.
  • In my area, the WF charges $3.69 for a box of broth, and Fage is around $2.17 each. Now, I'm sure that's due to its location - everything has to be trucked over a mountain pass. Still, it hurts.