Diet Vernors: what happened??

• I started getting diet Vernors last summer because I've always loved ginger ale but had to start watching my sodium intake and it has only 25 mg sodium per 12 oz can (Schweppes and Canada Dry have way more). All the big supermarket chains in the Twin Cities had it so I had no problem finding it. Suddenly I can't find it anywhere (although all the stores still get the regular Vernors). I entered "Diet Vernors ginger soda" in Google News to see if any consumer news sites could tip me off about what's going on but got no hits. Is this just a temporary unavailability (I hope I hope I hope)? SOS!
  • I've never heard of Verners so I had to look it up You can order it directly from them on their website.
  • Ask the store to order it for you.
    I used to have to buy goat's milk for my daughter. Grocery stores didn't stock it at that time. I went to the customer service desk to ask to speak to the manager. I asked him to order it for me. There was no additional charge for the service. It might be worth a try.
  • Hansen's makes a really good Diet Ginger Ale - all natural flavors, sodium-free, and sweetened with Splenda.
  • It's still available everywhere in Michigan (I was there last week visiting), so I'm not sure why you can't find it in your area now. I LOVE the stuff, and buy many cases to bring back to NY with me whenever I visit home!
    Cindy
  • mandalinn: Hansen's is more of a health food store brand, isn't it? I do most of my shopping at conventional supermarkets but I'll check Whole Foods or the neighborhood co-op next time I get a chance. Does it come in 12-cases?

BfL_Cat: Thanks for the reassurance, maybe it's just a distribution snag. Actually a friend of my mom's works at one of the supermarkets I shop at and I see her often, I'll ask her.

ETA 11.28: I saw some 6-packs of both diet and regular Vernors at a supermarket that was open for a few hours yesterday