MRC Take 30

You're on Page 1 of 31
Go to
  • Hi there everyone!

I am a new member of this forum, and I find you all to be incredibly motivating, I wish we all could meet on a regular basis for discussion! My name is Lauren and I am just embarking on my 2nd journey through MRC. I am eager to change my life and as each day passes, I am able to do more and more to alter my lifestyle to acheive the confidence, sexiness, and happiness.

I thought I would post a new thread for the Take 29, as one of our members requested to do so. I wish you all success on your programs and achieving your daily/weekly/monthly/and permanent goals. I can't wait to meet more of you and hear more of your stories. I also look forward to leaning on you for support and aiding you in your weight loss journey, too. Until then, best wishes!

Lots of love from Colorado,
    Lauren
  • Welcome, Lauren!
  • Hi all, I have been MIA for quite a while, but I need some advice. I have been off program really since school began. I have lost about 30lbs total and really haven't gained anything back. I am about 20lbs from my MRC goal. I got a really nice letter from the manager today about coming back and I really do want to. My problem is my schedule is making visits impossible, and the accountability is one of the things that really made this program work for me...I'm wondering if I can arrange a call in program. Suggestions for how to recommit and make this work. Thanks, Alisha
  • Quote: Hi all, I have been MIA for quite a while, but I need some advice. I have been off program really since school began. I have lost about 30lbs total and really haven't gained anything back. I am about 20lbs from my MRC goal. I got a really nice letter from the manager today about coming back and I really do want to. My problem is my schedule is making visits impossible, and the accountability is one of the things that really made this program work for me...I'm wondering if I can arrange a call in program. Suggestions for how to recommit and make this work. Thanks, Alisha
    Call the manager & see what you can work out - maybe if you explain your scheduling issues they'll let you do a phone in program. You'll never know if you don't ask!
  • Quote: Hi all, I have been MIA for quite a while, but I need some advice. I have been off program really since school began. I have lost about 30lbs total and really haven't gained anything back. I am about 20lbs from my MRC goal. I got a really nice letter from the manager today about coming back and I really do want to. My problem is my schedule is making visits impossible, and the accountability is one of the things that really made this program work for me...I'm wondering if I can arrange a call in program. Suggestions for how to recommit and make this work. Thanks, Alisha
    As you probably know, I'm on a mail-order program, where I only go into the center when it is convenient. I still have to buy the minimum number of drinks and all that jazz, but I have a year to get through the program instead of 17 weeks, the rationale being that I don't have as much support as a regular client. Theoretically, we are supposed to chat by phone at least once a week, but I think my center has had a lot of turnover this year and I may have fallen through the cracks. Still, checking in with this board regularly has been a lifesaver. Like Meemo said, give 'em a call and see what they can do for you!

Quote: Denise...you are so close to the 100s...I will probably cry tears of joy when you get there since I am living vicariously through you!

I went to WI today and was down 2.5 pounds since Monday. That makes 4.0 pounds for the week. I can't complain about that! I set a goal of signing the 50 pound board by the day before my 39th birthday which is December 2. On my home "forever" scale I am at 48 pounds lost and at the center I am at 45. I'm going to do it...even with Thanksgiving in there.

I have been wanting to ask, but not sure of the question. Have any of you noticed that you are more "alive" and have more emotion since starting your weight loss? I know that I have been kind of numb as a fat person. Emotions are not something I had before. Just curious is this was the case with anyone else.
    Oh, I know! I've had that same thought about Namaste, too! I can hardly wait!

Congrats on the 4.0 lbs for the week--that's great! I have mentioned to friends a number of times that I have felt more alive this year, too. The preceeding four years were grueling for a variety of reasons, and I really think I was functioning at about 30% back in February. I don't know if I was depressed or just beat up, but I'm so glad not to be in that place anymore. I don't think I'm up to 100% yet, but I think I'm probably at 75%, and that is a HUGE improvement. I think a lot of that is that my blood sugar is much more stable after having been on the MRC program so long, which automatically makes me feel better, but another huge chunk is that my spirit is lighter now that I can buy clothes that fit and seem to have less physical restriction. It's just amazing how your self-esteem comes back after you see MRC success.

Quote: I just had to post today. I met my first goal of 60 lbs by Thanksgiving (& a whole week early)! I just wanted to see my ticker "at goal" for a little while.

I'll be adding my new 30 lbs goal by mid-March to my ticker soon.
    Yea! I'm so excited for you!

Personal update--I'm moving my goal down 10 lbs. According to my secret crush, Dr. Oz, and his RealAge pal, Dr. Rozen, I still have tracks to make. I've decided that I can live with a comfortable 14 (still not to the comfortable part, yet), but I think I'd like to be a 12. And, I think that's a realistic size--I'm just not sure how many more pounds it will take to get there.
  • Quote: Oh, I know! I've had that same thought about Namaste, too! I can hardly wait!

Personal update--I'm moving my goal down 10 lbs. According to my secret crush, Dr. Oz, and his RealAge pal, Dr. Rozen, I still have tracks to make. I've decided that I can live with a comfortable 14 (still not to the comfortable part, yet), but I think I'd like to be a 12. And, I think that's a realistic size--I'm just not sure how many more pounds it will take to get there.
    I too have a crush on Dr Oz.... he's amazing isn't he? I would love to meet him. He was actually here in Colorado on Nov 12th but I couldn't go see him.
    I'm sure he gave a great talk.

Thanks for all of the support!
    Good job with keeping off the 30lbs! I agree with the girls; go in or call the Manager and just lay it out there. Tell her your situation and let her assist you in finding a reasonable solution. I'm sure it will work out fine.
  • Quote: Hi there everyone!

I am a new member of this forum, and I find you all to be incredibly motivating, I wish we all could meet on a regular basis for discussion! My name is Lauren and I am just embarking on my 2nd journey through MRC. I am eager to change my life and as each day passes, I am able to do more and more to alter my lifestyle to acheive the confidence, sexiness, and happiness.

I thought I would post a new thread for the Take 29, as one of our members requested to do so. I wish you all success on your programs and achieving your daily/weekly/monthly/and permanent goals. I can't wait to meet more of you and hear more of your stories. I also look forward to leaning on you for support and aiding you in your weight loss journey, too. Until then, best wishes!

Lauren
    Welcome Lauren! Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Northern Colorado (Greeley) but work in Denver.
  • Quote: Hi there everyone!

Lauren
    Lauren-
    Welcome! This is one of the best supports you can get! Which center do you go to in CO? I'm up in the Fort Collins one. It's amazing what this program can do for you.
    Have a great weekend and we look forward to hearing from you!

On a personal note I went in today and am down 2 more lbs. 11 lbs from my goal weight. Although the counselor today discouraged me a bit saying we would need to re-evaluate at that time. I guess we will see what happens but I truly don't want to keep forking over a ton more money! I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Have a great weekend!
  • Hi all! Great to hear from you all! I used to live in Greeley ( I went to UNC) and recently graduated and moved back down to Denver in May. I actually live in the Arvada/Westminster area now. I went to the Greeley center for my first MRC attempt. My favorite gal there was Angel. Is she still there?

I find your words of encouragment to each other simply amazing. I am so thankful to be here. Since I started I've lost 6.5 lbs- but I know its not always going to be this easy. I figure it's a lot of water weight finally coming off because I haven't drank this much water in probably 6 months. But my spirits are high because of my self control and determination. Also b/c I get to wonderful ladies like you all! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm going on a hike tomorrow...little nervous. First time back in so long! Good luck fellow MRCers!!
  • I'd like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all We're off tomorrow for a week--only going about 3 hours away to St George Island--but internet access is not always reliable there! It's a dog friendly island & beach so we're taking the dogs with us, which makes for a nice week as we don't have to worry about getting someone to take care of them.
    I've got all of my HNS & other things packed and I'm taking my small George Foreman grill and my digital scale so hope to remain as OP as possible. We usually eat out at night at a little seafood place, but I will be definitely going for grilled not fried
    Wishing everyone a good week!
  • Hello, Everyone!!! Does anyone have the Recipe for the Soft Taco Casserole? ( I think that is what it is called?), I tried it one time & loved it and lost the recipe. Thank You, Jo
  • Quote: I'd like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all We're off tomorrow for a week--only going about 3 hours away to St George Island--but internet access is not always reliable there! It's a dog friendly island & beach so we're taking the dogs with us, which makes for a nice week as we don't have to worry about getting someone to take care of them.
    I've got all of my HNS & other things packed and I'm taking my small George Foreman grill and my digital scale so hope to remain as OP as possible. We usually eat out at night at a little seafood place, but I will be definitely going for grilled not fried
    Wishing everyone a good week!
    I am very jealous! I've always wanted to go to St George Island - I'll get my husband there one of these days! Have a wonderful week!
  • Quote: Hello, Everyone!!! Does anyone have the Recipe for the Soft Taco Casserole? ( I think that is what it is called?), I tried it one time & loved it and lost the recipe. Thank You, Jo
    Here ya go - it's posted in the recipe thread, page 7, and it's Namaste's recipe

Soft Taco Casserole

12-16 oz Ground Turkey or Buffalo
    1 can diced green chiles
    4 oz green onions, chopped
    1 cup water
    1 packet cream of tomato HNS
    4 La Tortilla factory tortillas (50 calorie)
    2-4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
    Season to taste with: cumin, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Tabasco

Brown meat. Drain any excess fat. Place meat back in pain and add green onions and green chilies. Cook until onions are soft. Combine water and soup mix. Add to meat mixture. Season to taste with spices. Spray 8x8 casserole dish with Pam spray. Place one tortilla on the bottom, top with 1/4 meat and 1/4 cheese. Continue layering with remaining tortilla, meat and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cheese on top in bubbling.

Makes 4 servings
  • Thanks for the encourgement all, I'm going to try and call tomorrow and talk to the manager. Well see what happens.

BTW - Denise you look amazing, I saw you picture and didn't even recognize you. You go!!!