I'm getting ready for "wrap rage"

• I go through this every year. I'm getting stuff for Christmas. I know I'm going to start having a creative vocabulary when I try and get all that packaging open. You dull scissors and cut yourself trying to get a small item out of that stuff. Plus, it isn't always recycleable.

I know the manufacturers do that to defray shop lifting but geez! 3% of the jerks spoil it for 97% of us.

Anyone else hate that stuff?
  • Yes! I have almost broken items before in my frustration to get them out of the iron clad packaging!
  • YES! It makes me not want to buy the product. I have literally bought a different brand because of the packaging.
  • If you do any shopping at Amazon.com check out the 'frustration free packaging' that they have now on some items. There aren't a lot yet, but they are talking about adding more items in.
  • There are special cutters designed for that type of packaging....
  • Pilfer-proof is one thing, plus it has to be in sturdy packaging when it's being shipped all the way from Asia. That said, yeah those clamshell-packs are a major pain in the @$$
  • There are lots of cutters out there... you can search for clamshell pack openers and find a ton of them. Here's one of the first results I got, it looks like that's all this company makes, heh:

http://www.pyranna.com/

The whole non-recyclable thing really bothers me, though. What a huge waste.