Woohoo! My first mini-goal!

• I am so excited I reached my first mini-goal of 10% of my body weight today. I rounded it up to 30lbs since I started at 295. I have not weighed under 270 since my first daughter was born four years ago.

Not only did I meet my 10% body loss goal, but I am much healthier and happier than I was.

I am only down one pant size, but the size I am in is getting a little baggy. Just need to work on my waist.

I am diabetic and my last HA1c test was 9.8 which is high and that was just 12 weeks ago. This morning I went to my endocrinologist and my HA1c was down to 5.8. I know I can do this now.

You all are so motivating! Calorie counting is definitely working for me with the exercise and you all always have intelligent answers to any questions about different foods I have.
  • Congrats! Thats a huge accomplishment especially not only do you feel better but you getting much healthier along the way!!!
  • Quote: I am diabetic and my last HA1c test was 9.8 which is high and that was just 12 weeks ago. This morning I went to my endocrinologist and my HA1c was down to 5.8.
    Wow! That is just fantastic! You must have worked very hard.
  • Julie and Sarah: Thank you. I have been working hard. I have been overweight for years and have dieted before without really losing anything. This time my attitude is different. Maybe it is because my girls are 2 and 3 now and I want to be around a long time for them and I want to be a good role model.

I owe it all so far to exercising an hour a day when I do the treadmill and an hour and a half when I push the girls in the monster of a double stroller at a brisk pace. My husband mounted speakers on the stroller so we could walk to my ipod and walking to music always makes me go faster.

I also am calorie counting for the first time ever and it is so much better than any diet I have ever been on because I am not denying myself items; instead, I am making healthy choices and watching my portion control. I have been doing this since September 12, 2008 and I think it is long enough that I can say it is a habit now to choose the right foods and I feel horrible if I do not get my exercise in.
  • Congratulations, Diana!

It's great to hear good ol' calorie counting is working for you - being a counter myself, I couldn't agree more.

The speakers on the stroller sound awesome!
  • Mazza, My husband is a tech geek and it has a holder for the ipod and the speakers have the option to glow different colors in response to the music which is great if the walk goes a bit long and it starts to get dark before we get home. Makes the carriage very visable. It is a good thing the girls like music.
    Diana
  • Diane, Your accomplishment is Awesome and so are the speakers on the stroller! Congratulations!
  • Congrats keep up the good work
  • That is fabulous!
  • :congrats: Awesome job so far! Keep it up!
  • That is terrific! I so glad to see that your blood work is improving so much! Gives me hope

Keep it up!
  • Thank you everyone!

(Chunckymonkey- I love the quote in your signature line.)
  • Yay!!!
  • Awesome!