We Are Family - Red Team Chat #6

You're on Page 12 of 19
Go to
  • Shari - sending you hugs and encouragement! No soda and 30 day shred should capitulate you in the right direction!

So how did you all do?? Happy thanksgiving!!!
  • Happy Black Friday. Something I ate last night upset my stomach and everyone else in the family as well. I am up a couple of pounds but I imagine after a day of being sick like this in a day or two it'll be gone. I didn't even eat that much. Oh well.

I am going to go on a walk later when my stomach is less upset. No running today since I am still hacking up a lung. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • Well I went out in the cold again yesterday for a 2 mile jog. It was cold too. Then went to dinner with family. I didn't eat that much, felt pretty good about that. It is my normal time for mid-cycle gain so I was up to 200.8 this morning. That is 3 pounds this week. Hopefully it will start going back down tomorrow.

Se ya.
  • Wow - very quiet here

I'm getting pumped about my trip! Really getting excited now.... Going to do my very best to stay on track while away!
  • Good evening my dear RED TEAM members. I feel as if everything was out of control since Thursday (and I did not celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm Canadian and ours is over since last month). I did lose half a pound at my weigh in this morning so that was good. Thursday I was so tired having spend most of the night up with mom and Friday I was baking sample wedding cakes for the future bride and groom to try out. I'm a licker and the bowls of batter and frosting got a good licking out. The cake btw, was very dry when we sampled it today so we'll scratch that recipe. And I made the best cheesecake I've ever made and had a goodly amount today with a blueberry rhubarb topping. And this coming week I'm making more cake for Christmas and we'll be using some of that to sample for wedding cake too. And because I was so tired on Thursday I didn't get all my exercise done (but most of it) and on Friday I was in sugar shock and didn't get any exercise done and today is my rest day and even if I wanted to do it today I couldn't because I had a choir practice and a visit to the seniors home and company for dinner. I'm so sleep deprived I'm rattling on. I'm finally getting a trip to town by myself tomorrow so I'm hoping to get that bra I've been trying to buy for the last month. I am taking my friend with me but she'll go do her shopping and meet me at a designated time place.

I've lost exactly 50 pounds as of today. Yeah!!! Now to lose the last few pounds and keep them off.
  • Wow Isabella! 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • retiredone-- on the 50! That is HUGE! You are doing awesome, even with all that baking you've got going on!!

Shari-- You just climb back on that bandwagon whenever you can--I'm saving a seat for you!

mtiger--Dedication! Running in the cold--I remember what that is like--which is why I didn't often do it, haha! Must be why I always gained every winter back home......

Andi--I did a Turkey Trot as well, not a good time, but so glad to do something on TG this year as I never have before......

Cat--I have always liked Rocco ever since his reality show was on. I want to eat at one of his restaurants one day if I ever get to NYC.....

cakses--get better, ok? Watch the running if you are still having a nasty cough....

monte--WTG on the exercise!!! I am trying to accomplish the same thing as you--every day--only missed one day the past 9 days.....we won't talk about what happened before that, though.

Well, not too bad last few days.....Wed and Fri. WO at gym, weights and tm. Thursday, ran outside 3.1 miles in the AM. Sat (today) swam 90 minutes. I am holding off on eating the leftovers except for the turkey and cranberries--letting my DH and bil eat all the rest...... Pie is gone now as well--yaay!
    But still feel so sluggish at my workouts--maybe all the tryptophan, haha! Hoping to start to feel lighter on my feet, or quicker, soon!

Have a great rest of the week-end, everybody!
  • Still up 4 pounds. Not doing good Going to have to try harder from here on out until the end of the challenge to get to my goal. I can't believe I am up this much. Grr...
  • girls!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel much better now.

I tried to do my first 30DS today but the disc won't work. So I have to return it on Monday and get another.

I have to finish getting ready, I'm supposed to be going to the movies with some friends.
  • Shari - how frustrating! My 30 day shred also didn't work in one of my computers because it's a region 1 DVD and I have a region 2 computer. Grrr.
  • Hi everyone. I have been really having a hard time, this week. What with Thanksgiving and stress and everything else. So, I took a freebie, rather than hurt the team results with a bad number. I feel so yukky and mad at myself and am ready to get back on track. I want to really rock these last two weeks of this challenge.

I hope that all of our American members had a happy Thanksgiving.
  • Down 1 pound but still up 3 overall. Most likely taking a freebie this week. Just going to have to try super hard this upcoming week to lose those pounds I gained over Thanksgiving.
  • girls!

OMG, you all have GOT to go see Twilight! Saw it last night, will definitely go see it again....and again.....and again! I feel like a kid, I love it!

Got in a 45 min walk today. :walk:

WTG retiredone on those 50lbs!

Miriam ~ I have a sinking feeling that that is my problem. I tried the netflix copy and the library copy of 30DS on my dvd player and neither are working! And the cd driver on my computer is broken. Oh sweet baby jesus!

Get back on the wagon with me Rain Dancer!

You can do it Cakses!
  • Hi Red Team,
    Sorry for th long hiatis, but I just haven't had a lot of computer time. Some of you might remember me talking about my niece who was having trouble with her pregnancy, preeclampsia and diabetes, Tuesday night she had a healthy baby boy by c-section. He weighed 8lbs and 8 oz, and was 21 inches long. She had a c-section after being in labor for 2 days and not progressing. Mom and baby are home and doing well. Her mother died when she was young and I'm her stand in mom, I spent most of 2 days with her until the baby came.

Everything is good here, I still need to get more exercise and eat better, but I'm holding steady. We had about 3 inches of snow last night, I'm not ready for winter at all.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Bette K
  • Bettek, Congratulations on the new addition to your family!! I am so glad that mama and baby are both fine.

I may not be around much, for a week or so, maybe a bit more. But I will check in with my weigh in on next Monday. We are going to move and I will be busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest for a while. I thought that I had lots of time, that we were going to take our time, look for a place, make a choice, have an easy, leisurely move. Yeah. Sure. Dream on, girl. My hubbie saw a nice little townhouse for rent, called on it and then we saw it and decided to take it. The landlord is a nice guy and wants us to move in ASAP. He is only charging us for deposits (cleaning and a pet deposit) and since we are signing a six month lease, he is giving us the month of December rent free. So, I am not going to have much Internet time. I will be thinking of you all and keeping you all in mind and will talk to you as soon as I can.